Break the HHTD mod already.

UI and Macro
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
Here I am on my healer. Baahmeansno is my death knight. While I may not have anything close to a what people call a decent rating in arenas on any of my toons I still use and endorse this addon.

It does nothing that any cooldown watcher, spell watcher, dps - healing meter, blizzards standard score board or any addon that tracks anything in a battle does. It identifies what kind of spells are being cast or what kind or role people are playing.

Would it be better to you if it was like Icicle and just tracked cooldowns? Then you could configure it to only show healing cooldowns used and ignore others. Oh wait.... that would put a mark on healers?

What if it read score boards or dps / healing meters and made healers health bars green, dps bars red, and people who use tank cooldowns brown? Wait.... you could just turn off the brown and then have.... OH MY green healers.....

Not liking an addon is fine. Everybody gets a little upset when they die in a BG. Some even have an epeen so big that they get these looser flags. Then they grab 5 buddies and jump the 1 person that ticked them off just so they can put a looser flag on their body. Hell, that ticks me off cause they think they are bad, using half a raid to kill 1 person just cause that cant do it themselves. Do i blame the loser flag for the bad sports and bad players? No I just call him a retard and move on.

Its not the addon that is kicking your @$$. Its getting jumped by all the people who seen you cast a heal. It is not the addons fault that people see healers as a larger threat. A threat large enough that someone said "Hey I think I am going to make an addon to help identify healers FASTER. Despite what you think, you are still going to get targeted by the same people. They downloaded the addon because they already know you are a threat and are on the lookout for you. The addon just helps them find you 2 seconds faster.

someone doesnt have to have seen me heal to pick me out in a crowd. only there log has to.
despite what people are saying it does act like a mark for the people who have the mod.
does Tolbarad have scoreboards? but i think what i think is.
if people want the relevent info thay need to watch for that info. the add on doesnt give them that info it uses them to put a X to say shoot me.

you allso say thats its only to help find healers faster, but it removes alot of what is needed to find a healer. if im not healing then how should people know that im a healer if thay dont reconise my name?
This mod is bad and we all know it.
I just want to say that by making this thread you have brought much more attention to the addon than previously existed and have probably contributed to almost every damage dealer that pvps in the slightest to having it...so good job??
I could be wrong, but this gives random pugs pretty much the same advantage in pvp as bigwigs/dxe/dbm gives pve pugs, coordination without having to coordinate. This mod doesn't made a bit of difference at the highest level, just helps the casual players some. Sure I can see how lots of healers are mad at this but how is a mod telling me who to kill different than the mods that tell you who to heal?
03/12/2011 3:33 AMPosted by Dernolm
I could be wrong, but this gives random pugs pretty much the same advantage in pvp as bigwigs/dxe/dbm gives pve pugs, coordination without having to coordinate. This mod doesn't made a bit of difference at the highest level, just helps the casual players some. Sure I can see how lots of healers are mad at this but how is a mod telling me who to kill different than the mods that tell you who to heal?

The default frames that Blizzard tell me who to heal.

Not a mod that emulates something that Blizzard took out because they felt it was unfair.
03/12/2011 3:11 AMPosted by Tagartou
I just want to say that by making this thread you have brought much more attention to the addon than previously existed and have probably contributed to almost every damage dealer that pvps in the slightest to having it...so good job??

Not really. When I first began reading this thread the addon was at 708 DLs/day, now down to 661DLs/day. The addon has still been downloaded a very small number of times, healers saying 'I get focused all the time thanks to this addon' are just rationalizing their poor play.

The default frames that Blizzard tell me who to heal.

Not a mod that emulates something that Blizzard took out because they felt it was unfair.

And that's your choice. I use Grid to heal. It lets me keep my raid frames close together, it shows me when someone has a debuff I can dispel, it shows me which target has beacon of light. I wouldn't use it if I didn't think it was better than the default UI.
Lots of QQ in here.
What's the big deal? If you're fighting a group that knows what they're doing, healers are going to be focused anyway. And it's not like you can use terrain to disguise yourself in this game, due to the huge default nameplates. Tactics other than "hay I'm hanging out in the middle of a zerg" aren't impacted.

PvP seems to be more about PvE objectives than PvP in the first place. Outside of the Arena, you win by killing some NPC or capturing a flag instead of actually killing other players en masse. This addon functions like any other PvE addon, and for that reason it doesn't seem out of place in WoW's PvEish PvP.

So whatever. Don't care one way or the other.
to put bluntly, the functionality cannot be blocked unless you want blizzard to disable access to heal events in combat log, then i hope you don't complain when recount, world of logs etc no longer support healers and your grid etc can no longer show incoming heals etc.

It'd be like telling the goverment to ban cars cause some people use them for drive bys. it's a completely unrealistic goal.

At most blizzard could add a policy against such a pvp mod in their development policy, and curse and other major sites might adhere to that policy but that doesn't mean users will. those mods wouldn't go away as long as functionality exists (and it's going to).
Sure it can be blocked. You just break most of the nameplate functionality.
I'm not saying I'm all for that but nameplates have been used lately for all sorts of functions that we are not supposed to have the access to. They're the only thing we can manipulate in 3d but they're not really supposed to be alternatives for 3d sct, unitnames, raid markers, debuffs, cooldowns and all sorts of other info that people have used it for recently.
It feels like literally unitframes are pointless as there is very little information on the unitframe that you cannot already visualize on the nameplate.
I don't use this addon, because I already have other addons that have the EXACT same outcome. Tidyplates w/ Castbars enabled shows me exactly who in my range is casting a spell, it gives the spell name, and since I know what spells are heals I can click on that target (or I can put them on my focus frame) and then proceed to focus fire that player down until he is no longer healing then I can worry about the rest of the enemies around me. Does that mean Tidyplates and the COUNTLESS other addons that make the nameplates a little better with more functionality should be broken to, since good players can use those to achieve the same outcome? In that case most addons should be broken since they all allow us to do a task more simply. Like I said, I don't use this addon, because I already have an addon that does this same task just fine.
yes this addon is complete BS every single BG i do now i have at least 7 people atkin me right at the start then i seem to always have a grp of 4-5 people constantly following me around killing me i am done healing pvp till Blizz fixes this prblm
03/12/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Restôshamy
yes this addon is complete BS every single BG i do now i have at least 7 people atkin me right at the start then i seem to always have a grp of 4-5 people constantly following me around killing me i am done healing pvp till Blizz fixes this prblm

And Onyxia Deap Breaths more.

And this hasn't been happening for the past few years? Every BG I have ever been in, I always announce to the BG who the healers are and to focus them.
It's as simple as throwing a heal to yourself in a different spec to lure people to you. It's funny to see a prot get 3-4 people on him while the rest of us cap & kill.
What is the purpose of raid marks? To mark the target to make it easier to see. That is it. They give no buffs, no benefits except a much higher noticibilbity. This addon does bloody near the same thing. It attaches a + to the nameplate. The mark doesn't have to be floating above the player. What other reason would they disallow raid marking in PvP then?

This add on minics raid marks to a very high degree. It helps the users find -any- healer that's been actively casting and makes all attempts for the healers to hide useless.

Finally, some line of thought.

Your description of the essence of a marking is right, a mark is in priciple something that adds distinction between many similar things to be easily perceived. But you stilll didn't get my points. You're thinking that blizzard disabled their marking system because it was a mark, and not any other possible cause. That's why, for you, this addon seems wrong, because it's doing something that blizzard "forbid" to do. My point is, you don't know, not anyone here, if blizzard disabled raid marking for this reason, disabled because it was a marking, because they have never said so. There are a number of other reasons to disable it.

They could have disable because the way it works (showing unique icon, over the range of nameplate, through walls etc etc etc), they could have disabled because they don't want to risk their state of PvP and did in a cautious measure, they could have decided is better to disable than to "fix it" for PvP environment. Each one of those reasons would change the definition of "Is this addon against Blizzards scheme?". None of us knows the exactly reason to why they forbid it, we just know they forbid raid marking. But notice this, raid marking is called raid marking and not just marking because the word raid infers(as an adjective) that it's a specific module of marking, it's not just marking and nothing more. Therefore to think that blizzard forbid all marking since they forbid raid marking is an assumption. There are some others reason they could have do it, you can't know that. Are you really saying you cannot imagine other reasons to why they forbid raid marking?

This addon doesn't imitates raid marking at a high degree, I already did a feature check, and none of the most important features where the same except that they are markings. You can't use this addon for coordination, you don't have kill order, you don't have precision, you don't have shared markings, you don't have meticulous, organized marking, you just have a marking that stands out and say "this is a healer", but can't be used to the same objectives efficiently as a raid mark. They're two different modules of marking. If blizzard forbid raid marking because it was a marking than this addon is clearly trepassing the rule, but you do not know that. Just the rule isn't enough to know its reason.

I am telling you why I think you are wrong and completely ignoring -why- it's essentually a raid marker. If I was using ad hominine attacks, I'd be alot more crude, believe me.

Swearing hardly counts as ad hominem. You were invalidating my argument because I was "dense", stubborn. But this don't actually break my argument. My argument is that you don't know if blizzard disbled because it was a marking, you assume that. Then you go back and tell me again is marking and since blizzard forbid it, it should also be forbidden. You're making cicles. You're not proving that blizzard disabled raid marking because it was a marking. You're ignoring my argument.

Sure it can be blocked. You just break most of the nameplate functionality.
I'm not saying I'm all for that but nameplates have been used lately for all sorts of functions that we are not supposed to have the access to. They're the only thing we can manipulate in 3d but they're not really supposed to be alternatives for 3d sct, unitnames, raid markers, debuffs, cooldowns and all sorts of other info that people have used it for recently.
It feels like literally unitframes are pointless as there is very little information on the unitframe that you cannot already visualize on the nameplate.

You would have to break all of it, as long as nameplate can modded to something different than the other nameplates, it can be marked. You would have to terminate nameplate modding completely. And you could still make a sound ring every interval of seconds someone lays a heal to warn the player there is a healer in there. It wouldn't help as this addon does, but would still make it easier to spot the healer. Tomtom could also be used to show the source of biggest amount of healing in the battle.

I'm starting to think that people are annoyed just by the size of the marking, if it wasn't a big red cross above the nameplate, that they wouldn't nag so much if it was a little harder to see the marking. Figures.

someone doesnt have to have seen me heal to pick me out in a crowd. only there log has to.
despite what people are saying it does act like a mark for the people who have the mod.
if people want the relevent info thay need to watch for that info. the add on doesnt give them that info it uses them to put a X to say shoot me.

you allso say thats its only to help find healers faster, but it removes alot of what is needed to find a healer. if im not healing then how should people know that im a healer if thay dont reconise my name?

As with anyother enemy cooldown addon that can be tuned to make half of the function HTTD has (search for a heal in combatlog range, and mark it). I'm not seeing healers getting paranoid over this.

And obviously act as a mark for you if you have the addon, that's what the addon is suppose to do, to mark a healer. But does it work as raid marker if everyone in the raid has the addon? No, not even close. (see my previous posts)

A lot of other addons give away relevant info that people don't watch to, CC timers for example. And well, if you aren't healing, even if you're spec'ed as healer, you're not a healer at all and won't be marked as such.

Underlined the part that invalidates your argument. That is, unless you want DBM, Grid, Decursive,Recount, or pratically EVERY mod ever created for this game to be broken. Seriously.. if you want the info you should have to watch for it? How many mods do you use that shoves the info down your throat? Do you look for anything in field or combat logs as they are spamming by? No. you have mods that show who u can decurse, puts raid markings on the raid frames (this is not a default), and ones that yell "Run away little girl". With your argument none of these mods should be allowed.

And you are being just as dense when you are refusing to see why is it like a raid mark. The simple fact is that you cannot mark IN PvP. Period. It doesn't really matter why and it doesn't matter that only the user of the mod can see it. You are not supposed to mark. This mod puts a mark on the healer. Something Blizzard does not want any player, except hunters to do.

Everyone that has this mod and is in range of the healer will see the mark over the healer's nameplate. It is putting a large + on the healer. What part of that don't you understand?

Yes it does matter why. By your reasoning, no mod should be able to move your cast bar. Blizzard doesn't support the functionality of moving the cast bar therefore no mod should do it. While we are at it, No mini map addons. It has to stay in that corner. Oh, and no tom tom. If blizzard wanted you to have an arrow that you could point to any spot of your choosing that would have put it in. Gatherer... if bliz wanted you to know where every node in the game was, it would be an option on the default map.

Now by simple reasoning skills you are saying that all mods should be disabled. Would you like to change your petty argument of "default cant do it so neither can you" and tell me WHY bliz don't let you mark? Until you can tell me why, you have no argument

In case this is over your head let me argue like you do so you can see my point. No I'm not stupid your stupid. Your momma smells and that's why I'm right.

50,000 of 12,000,000 people have downloaded this addon. It has been said over and over again. Pretending like none of those are duplicate downloads or updates from same people.... Oh look 1 in every 240 people has this addon. You see how that works there. divide 12 million by 50 thousand. simple math says you are sadly mistaken OR should play the lottery.

t's as simple as throwing a heal to yourself in a different spec to lure people to you. It's funny to see a prot get 3-4 people on him while the rest of us cap & kill.

Then people are using a different one than HHTD. It checks for more than just healing done