Healers Have To Die

UI and Macro
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
Its amazing how many ppl disagree with this addon i just have one question.

How is this addon different from saying in /bg hay ...... is a healer kill it
Here's a handy macro:

/target Syncline
/cast Mana Burn

Gonna outlaw that too?

Fix the underlying problem of healers not being protected and it doesn't even matter who's running the stupid addon.
The primary thing the addon does is changes the choice that most BG idiots have to make.

Before the addon the choice was: Should I figure out who the healers are and do everything I can to kill them first, or be an idiot and waste 20 minutes trying to kill a warrior that seems to have 575,000 health?

Now the choice is: Ignore the obvious mark on the healers head and continue to be pants-on-head retarded, or finally stop being stupid and kill the damn healers?
Here's a handy macro:

/target Syncline
/cast Mana Burn

Gonna outlaw that too?
Do you think I'm dumb enough to take that seriously? :)
Its amazing how many ppl disagree with this addon i just have one question.

How is this addon different from saying in /bg hay ...... is a healer kill it

Because not everyone will be watching their chat window in the heat of combat.

Because not everyone will see a healer right away even if they know the healer's name.

At the start of a BG you could even have everyone make a macro that's "/tar (healer name)" and it would STILL not be the same because they would have to take the time and attention to spam the macro and then actually find the player once targeted. In a BG when I select a player's raid frame I can't always see where that character is right away, especially in a crowd. It's not an issue because my heals are omnidirectional. A DPSer doesn't have that luxury and still needs to manually scan and find the healer. The addon removes these sorts of steps and limitations, and that is where it's power lies.
Here's a handy macro:

/target Syncline
/cast Mana Burn

Gonna outlaw that too?

Fix the underlying problem of healers not being protected and it doesn't even matter who's running the stupid addon.

Protecting an already dead or CC'd healer doesn't help much.
Here's a handy macro:

/target Syncline
/cast Mana Burn

Gonna outlaw that too?
Do you think I'm dumb enough to take that seriously? :)
Not really, a bolt gun would be more effective.

Anyway, point is that there are many, many ways of doing something similar. Where exactly can a line be drawn to say "This makes it too easy" when an ingenious modmaker can make a huge difference in how simple it is to target effectively? Any nameplate addon can do this. Any tooltip addon can do this. If Recount could be set up as a targeting frame, it could too.
03/10/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Orvain
Anyway, point is that there are many, many ways of doing something similar.
Thanks for ignoring everything else it can do.

Perhaps you should apply the gun to yourself instead of me.
Okay good... so it's not against the rules. That's what I was really worried about.
I don't see why someone would complain about it. It doesn't make us kill you faster, just spot you easier. Most of us can already point out healers, it's just hard when you have all these health bars all over the place. Or nameplates.

BAH! Does it HAVE TO BE AGAINST THE RULES?!?! What you're doing is removing the EQUALITY from the game for the Healer!

That's called CHEATING!

NOTE: You personally FELT something was WRONG with this so what you did is got a bunch of people together to make you FEEL COMFORTABLE about SOMETHING YOU ALREADY KNEW was wrong!

Have you people forgotten, that with a little situational awareness, hunters can do the same thing with a hunters mark...
03/10/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Syncline
Anyway, point is that there are many, many ways of doing something similar.
Thanks for ignoring everything else it can do.

Perhaps you should apply the gun to yourself instead of me.
I don't care what it can or can't do. If it has something better than automatically targeting the person you need to kill, I don't know what feature that would be, and it doesn't matter.

If you insist on having tears in your eyes about how unfair it all is, I'm pretty sure that's not my problem.

BAH! Does it HAVE TO BE AGAINST THE RULES?!?! What you're doing is removing the EQUALITY from the game for the Healer!

That's called CHEATING!

NOTE: You personally FELT something was WRONG with this so what you did is got a bunch of people together to make you FEEL COMFORTABLE about SOMETHING YOU ALREADY KNEW was wrong!

Have you people forgotten, that with a little situational awareness, hunters can do the same thing with a hunters mark...

hunters have to put it up, they use there awareness. other players don't get this. it can also be dispelled i be leave. meaning if said hunter says kill the one with the mark. the opposing side can play agenst it.
Regardless of skill.. I have noticed this making an impact. In the past there were always a couple smart players trying to kill me.. but now it seems as soon as I walk into the blacksmith area in AB I'm getting gang-tackled by all of the horde that are there at once.

To me.. this add-on should be broken. It immediately becomes a must-have for everyone and changes the game. Even if you're good, you still need to find the healers. It takes time. Now it doesn't if there is a red X over my head.

I REALLY hope Blizz fixes this. Until then I'm going to use it on my DPS toons.
03/10/2011 12:07 PMPosted by Syncline
Try and adapt rather than crying.
Just like folks refused to try and adapt and instead ran to an addon?

The gameplay was changed; can Blizzard's devs look at this?

I never needed the addon to begin with. The premade leader made it mandatory that anyone running with him needed to get the addon. Did you seriously skip through my whole post and quote the last sentence? :/

There is actually no necessity of a dps to adapt. Focussing a healer has been #1 priority always. It is you, the healer, that needs to adapt because the addon makes it easier for people who don't know how to efficiently ID healers able to do it easily. Your bunny rabbit days are over. Even yesterday I was in bg's that had dps all over the place till the Hunter's mark was applied.

Honestly, I don't think Blizzard dev's need to look into this. Time and sweat was put into developing this addon. Before you go and bash someones work you need to think it through first. You just need to tweak your gamestyle to be a bit more defensive and get your teammates who aren't protecting you to do better. May the better team win.
Wow, this add-on seems to bend the rules on pvp target marking.

And I can see why the dps want something to quickly ID the healers, I'm normally in the middle of a large group and healing entire groups, I'm NEVER alone. But I've also notice that i'm getting hit for very little, I'm able to brush off the attacks and continue to heal my groups.

And yes its a brush off. People that depend on an add-on to help ID healers, are either bad players (which I'm 80% sure they are) or pissed that they lose alot. And taking their frustration on the healers seems to be their only outlet.

I'll need to make sure I watch out for players that ID me fast, stay in large groups and improve my healing.

Oh and I do my job. I heal everyone I can, I never leech, sit back or occasionally heal.

I blame bad DPS that can't play anything else but a bad DPS. Step in the healer shoes and try to heal raids, randoms and pvp. Bad DPS are the bane of this game, nothing but crying kids.
Healers are generally pretty easy to spot, but when there are two healers or more dancing around this addon means I don't have to memorize their stupid names, and I am glad for that. Even with this addon, a flag carrier getting three healed in twin peaks is currently almost unkillable with a pug group till they get the debuff. Maybe if healers become squishy to the point where they have to pretend to be dps specced in order to avoid "aggro" in pvp this addon would provide an unfair advantage, right now a healer can keep themselves up with two melee on them anyway.
First of all, the addon doesn't do anything unfair. Healers should be targets and if people are targeting you as a healer, live with it, kite, cc, los and heal thats how its supposed to be anyway. Just cause you cant stand and freecast behind anyone your gonna QQ? Blizzard may as well right you a fat check for 1 million honor. Plus a little challenge sometimes doesn't hurt irl I promise.

Second, I don't use the addon, because I'm not retarded and can recognize when someones healing (unless I'm like rainman retarded or something and I have an amazing gift to spot healers which I doubt). I realize that probably 3/4s of the bg population can't based on my experience so if you can't please dl it, because you need it.

Finally, I realize that op isn't a QQ thread but this thread and the other recently related one brought all the QQers out, and I just want to point out that because of these posts, you've brought a lot of attention to the addon and now a lot more people will be using it, gg all you who are hating. Personally, I just hope more horde see this than ally.

Oh and one more thing, spirit of the rules...addons in general can be considered going against spirit of the rules if you think that the rules are everything should be perfectly even and fair for everyone, real life aint fair, wow aint fair, just gotta learn to live with it or rise above it (or do what everyone else does and dl the addon, idk about irl your just screwed I think)

why is it mostly people seem to just go the addon doesnt do anything unfair? and go we just get to free-cast so we are whineing? i have never been able to just sit and cast without worry in a BG. i think the add-on is inappropriate doesnt mean you have to put me and other players down :(

second if the add-on provides an advantage to a player with it, then shouldnt it be agenst the rules or put into the game so every player has it. not every player looks at evry mod.

being that the forums is the only place to talk about it, and inform the devs that somepeople are displeased with it. we dont realy have a choice but to voice our opinions here.

and i will respond to the end allso, this is a game, blizz has to make it as fair as thay can to all classes and specs.
03/10/2011 1:04 PMPosted by Fenrÿr
Healers are generally pretty easy to spot, but when there are two healers or more dancing around this addon means I don't have to memorize their stupid names, and I am glad for that. Even with this addon, a flag carrier getting three healed in twin peaks is currently almost unkillable with a pug group till they get the debuff. Maybe if healers become squishy to the point where they have to pretend to be dps specced in order to avoid "aggro" in pvp this addon would provide an unfair advantage, right now a healer can keep themselves up with two melee on them anyway.

the thing is i feal that blizz has had to make us less squishy simply to survive in a PvP enviroment with any skill. so this add-on if used enough could get us some buffs :P

good players can spot us easy, and i have even pointed out to my group who i have the most trouble with during pvp encounters. as i have said befor in this. this can give a few extra advantages allso. and one of the few advantages healers have is being able to be shielded.
It certainly provides an advantage. The biggest portion of it is simple convenience though, and that's extremely difficult to prohibit without breaking something else. It was no change on Blizzard's part that created this, someone had an idea and implemented it and it's spreading like crazy.

I still fail to understand why there can't be a counteracting addon that turns the tables on anyone attacking healers. Spend more than X seconds targeting a healer? Boom. That dpser just got marked as a priority kill/camp/harass target.