Healers Have To Die

UI and Macro
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next

It's easy to understand that you have a gross bias against healing classes.

I've never played any PvP game were healers were just "lol easy kill dude" they have some survivability, and often when they're pressured hard, they're not able to assist their allies any further.

They are however, ALWAYS priority kills, and the group should, as a whole, work towards taking them down first. Otherwise they suck and didn't coordinate well enough to complete their necessary objectives.

What bias do you think I have against healing classes?

Healers on bgs should be dead. If you're casting heals and you're not dead there is a problem. Do you want to be a problem?

You keep saying healers don't belong in BGs.

How are you denying your bias against healers?

That's like saying, african americans shouldn't be drinking from the same water fountain as the whites.
03/09/2011 8:56 PMPosted by Tastie
Healers have no business being in battlegrounds
You have no busines being in a battleground if you're such a terrible DPS that you can't even find me without an addon blaring sounds and pictures to tell you I'm there.

Which doesn't surprise me, since most people are so terrible that they can't take me one on one, half the time even two on one. I spend most of MY time alive. I am also not stupid enough to go as Holy. I go as Shadow and use my CCs to shut you baddies down.

This is where I ask you if you were a wrathbaby, since you seem to want your BGs easymode, too.
03/09/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Tastie
. Do you want to be a problem?
Yes, that's the point of being an enemy: being a problem to your enemy. LTP.
He's just trolling. Report him already.
Unfortunately, I can't report someone for being bad.
Yea this is fine. Its not like holy pallies are terrible vs focused and chained CCss anywayS
I suppose this explains why I have started to just get swarmed as soon as I come within sight range, without even casting any heals, or dismounting these days.

*sigh*
He's just trolling. Report him already.

Not trolling.

Healers in BGs should be dead.

This addon helps healers be dead.

Good addon.
You're an idiot.

Blizzard, since this addon helps kill healers, please buff healers to compensate for said addon. Thanks.
Dev alert meep.
03/09/2011 10:10 PMPosted by Syncline
Dev alert meep.

I guarantee you they already know about it. There's been more threads than mine.
No need to "meep" at them.
I suppose this explains why I have started to just get swarmed as soon as I come within sight range, without even casting any heals, or dismounting these days.

*sigh*

I make a point to go for druids, priest, shammies, and pallies first. Druid and priest healers are the easiest to distinguish.

What bias do you think I have against healing classes?

Healers on bgs should be dead. If you're casting heals and you're not dead there is a problem. Do you want to be a problem?

You keep saying healers don't belong in BGs.

How are you denying your bias against healers?

That's like saying, african americans shouldn't be drinking from the same water fountain as the whites.

He doesn't say they don't belong in bgs, but that if your team is not actively trying to kill every healer they come across, they're doing it wrong.
That's not the issue.
I've never needed an add-on to target healers. They are blatantly obvious. They are the ones that stand behind their melee and make very specific cast animations. They often have large mana pools.

I target healers as much as possible. My DPS is wasted if it keeps getting healed back up so I always go after the Healer in PvP first. Stun, fear, spell lock...whatever it takes to make the healer go away because then my damage won't be negated against other targets.

You aren't dying any faster with the add on available. In truth, most PvPer's can look at your clothing and tell your spec (for shammys) or your form (for druids) or for the lack of shadowform (for priests) or for the HUGE mana pool (for pallys) that an add-on isn't necessary.

Don't think that an add on going away is going to change how much you are targeted as a healer.
I've never needed an add-on to target healers. They are blatantly obvious. They are the ones that stand behind their melee and make very specific cast animations. They often have large mana pools.

I target healers as much as possible. My DPS is wasted if it keeps getting healed back up so I always go after the Healer in PvP first. Stun, fear, spell lock...whatever it takes to make the healer go away because then my damage won't be negated against other targets.

You aren't dying any faster with the add on available. In truth, most PvPer's can look at your clothing and tell your spec (for shammys) or your form (for druids) or for the lack of shadowform (for priests) or for the HUGE mana pool (for pallys) that an add-on isn't necessary.

Don't think that an add on going away is going to change how much you are targeted as a healer.

There's actually been a burst in focused fire against healers that apparently many have noticed. While there are always good players like yourself, many just aren't.

No one's making excuses for getting killed, but rather, anything like this that weights unfair advantages to any player over another (especially ones that enable bads) should be shot down and broken ASAP.
03/09/2011 10:46 PMPosted by Morley
You aren't dying any faster with the add on available.

Wrong. People are totally ignoring everyone and everything around them to go after my disc priest. That never happened before. People are leaving the two DPS waltzing away with their flag to chase me across the field. It's not helping their team at all, but it does make my e-life miserable.

Prior to ever engaging in a battle, I am being death gripped away from a pack of people. Previously, it took a little while for it to dawn on them that I was a healer. They couldn't pick me out of the middle of a huge group of people riding by on mounts.

You aren't dying any faster with the add on available.

Wrong. People are totally ignoring everyone and everything around them to go after my disc priest. That never happened before. People are leaving the two DPS waltzing away with their flag to chase me across the field. It's not helping their team at all, but it does make my e-life miserable.

Prior to ever engaging in a battle, I am being death gripped away from a pack of people. Previously, it took a little while for it to dawn on them that I was a healer. They couldn't pick me out of the middle of a huge group of people riding by on mounts.
Yep. A lot of us are noticing this, and have been wondering what the difference was.

If the add-on wasn't making it easier to kill healers, people wouldn't be using it. Advocating for it and then arguing that it makes no difference is dishonest.