Stormreaver's PVP Game

Stormreaver
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
well i wont be on til monday so GL
Lame.

I know everyone is eager to start slaying targets... Rest assured I am brainstorming a much more efficient way of running this whole game.

Details tonight.

While Caulktok is off till Monday.. just go kill...... everyone.

The person with the MOST screenshots of world pvp kills for today and tomorrow gets to be cool. GO!
Amendment to Rules v1:

• There are constantly 3 targets up at a time for each faction (6 targets total).

• When a target is killed, the player that killed that target, IS NOW A TARGET and is rewarded 1 point.

• To encourage targets to go forth and hunt for their own kills, each World PvP kill a TARGET obtains are worth 0.25 points.

• When a target is killed, the target loses 0.25 points.

• If a current target kills ANOTHER target, that person is rewarded 2 points.

• Any kills that targets obtain will only count against level 85's, and MUST be have a screenshot!

• The game will now operate on a point system as explained below:

• For each kill a player gets on a target, that player is rewarded 1 point.

When a TARGET gets World PvP kills, they are rewarded 0.25 points.

When a TARGET gets a kill on another target, that person is rewarded 2 points.

These changes encourage players to kill targets in order to take their spot as a target. Once you're a target, you are encouraged to continue to participate in World PvP in order to obtain more points.

-----------------------------------------------------------

News:

• Working on a way to implement, "style points" for unique, funny, random, and/or insane kills.

• I'm interested in creating an addon that takes in-game information and uploads it to a website. What it would be doing is automatically tracking who the targets are, who's being involved in the game (who's pvp'ing), when someone gets a kill on a target, the amount of points you have, leader boards, and whatnot. If anyone has extensive experience with .lua and would like to speak about this, please contact me.

• *Please be patient as I edit the original post with the updated ruleset. I will be selecting the 6 targets shortly. If you have feedback or would like something tweaked, please let me know. I'm not perfect and can't catch every loophole or defect*
    The Reason:

Everyone wants to be known for something. Everyone also wants to be reimbursed or rewarded for their efforts, achievements, and even the littlest of tasks. Time is valuable in a game where you pay $15 a month to play. I'm in love with PvP, especially World PvP where anything goes. I may not be the best, but it's a daily challenge for me to better learn how to use my class, abilities, surroundings, and situation to take an enemy down.

Earlier I saw that an old-school History of Stormreaver post was moved from the old forums to these new ones. I think the history a server has is great, but what I think is even greater is that new players be given a chance to create their own history on Stormreaver. I know that history is only relative to those that shared it, or even really care about it.

My goal behind this World PvP game is that someone really get into it and make a name for themselves. Besides the broken RBG's, FOTM arenas, and past World PvP wars - How can someone make a name for them TODAY? I know there isn't monetary reward or even a real reward whatsoever. Besides the eternal glory of hot night elf women basking in the sun to your side, is that today this server knows that you are a force to be reckoned with concerning World PvP.

There's multiple reasons why World PvP is under-participated it, unseen, and undesired:
    1) There's a huge open world where sometimes you literally have to search for your prey.
    2) There's no real reward for World PvP besides HK's and very little honor.
    3) The current state of PvE doesn't demand that many players venture out into the world if they aren't questing/leveling. You can level 15 - 85 and never leave a capitol city.
    4) Unfair PvP *4v1*.

There's probably more than that, but eh.. Those came to mind first.

I really hope people take advantage of the structured system I'm trying to implement unofficially for World PvP. Real World PvP is a forgotten and unimportant aspect to Blizzard and we know it. This isn't about the Stormreaver PvP Game succeeding or anything. I'm desperately trying to revive something I loved Pre-BC. I can only hope that there are others out there that have the mutual desire to make a name for themselves outside the constraints of a somewhat broken, "structured" PvP system.

TLDR

Read the post!
    New and improved ruleset is in action. TARGETS UPDATED. Please re-read the first two posts.

In-Depth Explanation:

There will always be 6 targets up. Originally it will be 3 Alliance and 3 Horde. When a target is slain, that person is replaced with whomever killed them. The point of this game is to obtain the most amount of points. You can see that you are able to get the most points when you're a target. You want to be the target. There are more points rewarded when you're the target for a reason. We want you to run around and kill people, while people eagerly hunt for you. When you get killed as a target, you lose 0.50 points. Theoretically all 6 targets could be Alliance. If that is ever the case, then Alliance have to wait until a Horde kills an Alliance target in order to work towards hunting a spot as a target *There is an exception that is left up the the imagination*. If a target goes 1 week without getting 5 kills for himself and without getting himself killed, then a replacement target will be selected. This game rewards the World PvP'er that is more active and invested in participating. Casual World PvP'ers can still have fun hunting targets and being hunted, but don't expect to lead the scores.

Current Targets:

Target Name: [H]Caulktok
    Race: Orc
    Class: Warlock
    Guild: <BRO IM NASTY>

Target Name: [H]Hareola
    Race: Troll
    Class: Mage
    Guild: <Battlegroins>

Target Name: [H]Mente
    Race: Goblin
    Class: Mage
    Guild: <BRO IM NASTY>

Target Name: [A]Xyshína
    Race: Night Elf
    Class: Warrior
    Guild: <FTA>

Target Name: [A]Sephyxia
    Race: Night Elf
    Class: Hunter
    Guild: <BIG problem Doctah Jones>

Target Name: [A]Amdis
    Race: Human
    Class: Rogue
    Guild: <Pariah>

Happy hunting! Remember to request this thread be stickied!!
    BEST. GAME. EVER.
    still have the screenshot of where i hung out for about 2 weeks in BC, when i was targeted.
    http://i.imgur.com/GDVBY.jpg

"hey can you come to SM to help summon a friend."
    "can you enchant some stuff for me, WHERE ARE YOU"
    "hai can you help me with a daily on the isle really fast, need healer"

gl betches

BEST. GAME. EVER.
    still have the screenshot of where i hung out for about 2 weeks in BC, when i was targeted.
    http://i.imgur.com/GDVBY.jpg

"hey can you come to SM to help summon a friend."
    "can you enchant some stuff for me, WHERE ARE YOU"
    "hai can you help me with a daily on the isle really fast, need healer"

gl betches

Haha. Glad to hear you like it. It's a little different this time, as it encourages targets to find people for pvp. Hope you are able to have fun with it this time around.
    Haha. Glad to hear you like it. It's a little different this time, as it encourages targets to find people for pvp. Hope you are able to have fun with it this time around.

Good change, as I was stubborn as hell and refused to let anyone get any points off me the entire time everyone was playing. Thanks for having it pop back up, was definitely the most fun the server had at the time.
    Not this again
    03/10/2011 9:28 AMPosted by Freeznfire
    Not this again

:{D why not?
    Are the targets limited to one kill per person? (A.K.A. camping or just running into the same guy over and over again.)
    03/10/2011 4:57 PMPosted by Divineheals
    Are the targets limited to one kill per person? (A.K.A. camping or just running into the same guy over and over again.)

Once you kill that person they are removed as a target, and you get their position as a target. During the time when you're a target you have a chance to get more points than usual (when you're a non-target).

What does everyone think about this: When you kill a target and take their place, can you camp them and benefit from the +0.25 points you get from killing an 85 when you're the target? I want to encourage PVP. I don't want to encourage people to just get that one kill to get them as a target and then stop. If you can camp them, do it. What does everyone think about this?
    If there are only 3 horde and 3 alliance targets at one time....

how does a horde player take an alliance target's place by killing them. that would make it 2 alliance targets vs 4 horde
    COLLECTIVE DERP in this thread.

If there are only 3 horde and 3 alliance targets at one time....

how does a horde player take an alliance target's place by killing them. that would make it 2 alliance targets vs 4 horde

What happens is even if Horde manage to get all 6 targets as their own faction, the Alliance would need to kill one to get a target on-board. The game doesn't end when you kill a target. The objective is to kill a target (get 1 point) and then go out and kill other 85's while you're the target (get 0.25 points). Of course a target can't kill another target if all of them are Horde (except a creative same-faction kill) so they would need to wait until Alliance muster up a kill on a Horde target. Like I said, during this time when it's all Horde targets, they should be running amuck trying to massacre everything in sight.

Ok, only the first kill will count in EVERY case. Camping will net you 0 points, but it is still encouraged! :)
    hi gralon
    http://i.imgur.com/oGhf2.jpg

...........................I hate you