Stormreaver's PVP Game

Stormreaver
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
o biz. hey man thanks for taking the time to do this. brb killing xyshina
The game is only as active as you want it to be!

Any amendment to the rules that people would like to see?
Maybe 4-6 people as the target? Maybe even as high as 7? That way, hopefully a target will be on at all times of the day.
03/12/2011 9:58 AMPosted by Getright
Maybe 4-6 people as the target? Maybe even as high as 7? That way, hopefully a target will be on at all times of the day.

There are currently 6 targets total right now (3 Alliance & 3 Horde). The rules were amended to include this change two days ago.
03/12/2011 11:09 AMPosted by Mozeer

There are currently 6 targets total right now (3 Alliance & 3 Horde). The rules were amended to include this change two days ago.

I mean 4-7 targets on the alliance and 4-7 on the horde
03/12/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Getright

I mean 4-7 targets on the alliance and 4-7 on the horde

Maybe. I'm not sure increasing the number of active targets per faction will do any good at this point. I'm not certain how many people are actively participating. Increasing the number of targets won't matter if interest in this is low.
we love u dio
03/10/2011 6:12 PMPosted by Mozeer
Are the targets limited to one kill per person? (A.K.A. camping or just running into the same guy over and over again.)

Once you kill that person they are removed as a target, and you get their position as a target. During the time when you're a target you have a chance to get more points than usual (when you're a non-target).

What does everyone think about this: When you kill a target and take their place, can you camp them and benefit from the +0.25 points you get from killing an 85 when you're the target? I want to encourage PVP. I don't want to encourage people to just get that one kill to get them as a target and then stop. If you can camp them, do it. What does everyone think about this?

CAMP EVERYONE
"Q: PvP realms are getting indistinctive from the PvE realm as players are not engaging into PvP contents, since they are not finding it attractive. The only difference from the PvE realm is that it’s possible to attack opponent around zones in Conflict. Is there any plan to strengthen the difference between PvP and PvE realms? – Soulcube (Korea)
A: We don’t think it’s that world PvP is unattractive, we just think it’s just the cumulative effect of a lot of changes we made to the game to meet other goals. For example, flying mounts are really cool and convenient, but they mean you are much less likely to stumble upon someone from the opposite faction while travelling. We considered teleportation a mandatory feature for Dungeon Finder to succeed, but then you are less likely to bump into an enemy outside of a dungeon. To get world PvP back in some form, we’d have to develop something like the Isle of Quel’danas: a non-flight zone that is not a sanctuary where players congregate to finish quests or earn rewards. We’ll think about ways to do something like that again in the future
."

Link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/163596/ask-the-devs-qa-1-answers

Great news for World PvP. Getting something like the Isle is realistically the closest thing we're going to get to World PvP. Blizzards recent attempts at World PvP have been laughable. World PvP either needs to reward the same caliber gear as RBGs/Arenas with the same amount of efficiency or create a zone like the Isle of Quel`danas where people have to farm rep and do dailies without a flying mount in order to create a PvP hotspot. No matter the time of day/night there was always someone to kill (or get killed by) on the Isle. This is what we need.

:)

------------------------------

If no targets are slain by 03/19/2011 then I'll have to select 6 brand new targets. Get to killing!
i'm back, also might want to put a Caulktok/Rootabegga under my name cuz i am on my alt a lot.
03/15/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Caulktok
i'm back, also might want to put a Caulktok/Rootabegga under my name cuz i am on my alt a lot.

I don't think anyone has been hunting. :(
03/15/2011 1:16 PMPosted by Hairyzac
you should give active targets incentive to go to Tol Barad or at least enter conflicted areas. otherwise until we get a new quest hub that encourages world pvp, this won't work out.

There already is incentive for active targets to roam about in contested areas, searching for World PvP. Targets get +0.25 points for every level 85 they get a kill on. Targets also get +2 points if they kill another target.

03/16/2011 4:56 AMPosted by Sephyxia
damn. wish i could level as fast as you do

(x]:{D-->--<

Side Note: Maybe if I tell you a tale of bravery, wizardry, and might; people would be inclined to pvp! True story coming soon!

Here's a true story of mine that I posted in the, "Why do people get shocked after getting ganked on a PvP server?" thread at mmo-champion. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/868799-Why-do-people-get-shocked-after-getting-ganked-on-a-PVP-server?p=10766146&viewfull=1#post10766146
I'm not wanting to hijack this thread but I have a tale to tell.

*everyone sits around a camp fire*

*I bring out the bag of magic story-telling sand*

*I stand up and say, "This is a story about a poor soul. Once questing in Mulgore, he soon found himself trapped in a spiritual realm with no way out. This story is called: THE POOR LEVEL 3 TAUREN WARRIOR"*

*I throw the sand into the fire, and in a glorious poof - a title sequence rolls across your screen with eerie music*

(Are you Afraid of the Dark reference ^)

Anyway, here's the story:

Back in TBC (bored out of my mind) I decided that I would enjoy the evening making people upset at a video game. Being on a PvP server, this wasn't very hard at all. I had traveled all across Azeroth in search of fresh blood to stain the questing fields with. My evening was very eventful: I had camped plenty of 70's, trained mobs on people questing, and stolen herb nodes. Eventually I made my way to Mulgore where I had plans to stealth in and quickly kill someone in areas with quick escape (near the cliff-side so I could parachute cloak off). I decided to scour the edges of the zone in search of people questing and/or gathering. I stumbled across a level 3 Tauren Warrior, but alas he wasn't flagged for PvP. I noticed he was a keyboard turning and a clicker - it wasn't hard to see that. I wanted to kill him so bad.

Intermission: You see, leveling during Original WoW will make people think differently than others. I leveled 100% on PvP servers where I was constantly harassed, camped, griefed, and just terrorized. There were times I got upset that I couldn't quest, but hey there was always something else to do in the game if I was unable to quest. I think going through all of that was a good thing, as it helped me realize that this is a video game where people can have their own version of fun. In short - I gank, grief, and camp because it was done to me at a lower level. I saw how much fun other people had, raising the blood pressure of children. I wanted to experience that too.
So the story continues! I wanted to kill that level 3 Tauren Warrior so bad. Not only did I want to kill him, I wanted him to have to ask for a level 70 to rescue him. I wanted him to logoff and get on his main. I wanted him to logoff for the night. I wanted him to maybe even quit this game because he was so upset. I started to formulate a plan. He was unflagged for PvP, so I thought up a pretty funny plan. I would first gain his trust my exposing myself to him, typing a few friendly emotes, and then continue to help him kill mobs. Remember, I told you he was a clicker... pay attention! After I gained his trust, I emoted /wave /bye and mounted and left. Once I knew I was out of sight I stealthed and began to stalk him. I came upon him once more and knowing he clicked on mobs to attack, I stood right in front of a mob he was about to attack. Unstealthing at the last moment, he auto-attacked me. A single tear ran down my cheek as I realized what I was able to do now. He saw what he had done and he did some friendly emote gestures, but I wanted what I came for: INNOCENT BLOOD AND ENDLESS GRIEF. He slowly backpedaled (lol) and I approached him. With no regret I struck him down with a quick Sinister Strike. He fell to the ground and didn't release. I imagine he just sat there in awe at what had just happened. He may have been crying, he may have been asking for his friends to help, but more importantly I think he was upset. I mounted up so he could see I was ready to leave, and I took off into the blazing sunset. Little did he know, my thirst for innocent blood had not been quenched. My job was not done. Just as before, I stealthed and made it back to his remains just as he resurrects. I allow him to eat some food, and start questing again. I know that I have 5 mins to kill him before he unflags himself for PvP. I strike again. I know exactly how he feels. I recall visions of past experiences, but only the roles are reversed. In blind anger I once again mount up and leave, but in deceit I'm back again for more. He eventually makes it back and I again wait for him to eat his food and start questing. I kill him for the 3rd time. There is no hesitation this time. He recognizes his defeat, and logs off. I will never know to what extent my actions caused him to feel. I can only hope that he experienced for the first time, what I had previously experienced all to often during Pre-BC leveling.

In conclusion:

I play on a PvP server. I will do what I have to do to kill you. I don't care if it's cheap, childish, selfish, disturbing, immature, deceitful, hateful, or any other description you may be thinking right now. If you're such a carebear that you're going to whine over something like this, then it makes the kill for me all the sweeter. I only wish I could kill all of you. Maybe one day you'll be graced by my grief.... One day.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/870956-The-current-state-of-World-of-Warcraft-PvP-*READ*
Tell me what you guys think? I know my logic may not be perfect, but read the thread and see where I'm coming from.
03/13/2011 3:40 AMPosted by Dionita
i killed kstud today, i get 100 points.

KILLED ME ON MY LOWBIE HUNTER. DOES NOT COUNT. AND I'M NOT A TARGET