Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 17 Next
Any chance at Getting something Like Silithus made into a lvl 85 zone and perhaps an event for AQ and some more Dungeons put in there and and and Like all sorts of Stuff more funner er ?

I don't really see the problem with it, to be honest. I liked the troll raids, and I like that they're coming back, though I don't know how anyone can honestly be surprised after ZG was taken out in the shattering, and a quest zone around the area was promised. It was said then that ZG would return there.

But, you know, really, why all the complaints? All I've heard for years by people is bring back the Amani War Bear, and when ZG went out, it was, give us the tiger and raptor mounts for free. Well, they're back. The mounts are slightly different, and now you can't go and solo for the latter two, and the first is back. Play the game, go get them, it's what so many people have been asking for for so long.

In the grand scheme of things, the redone content has been pretty small, but also, and this may be worth remembering, it's not redone content to new players. I never saw Naxx or Onxyia at level sixty, and they were new and entertaining for me when they were rereleased. There's over twelve million people playing this game. No doubt more than a few had that experience--and while I ran ZA at level (and actually did the bear run though I never got the mount) there's been absolutely no reason to step foot back into the old thing for over two or three years now. I'll enjoy going back and then I'll wait the couple of months for the Firelands content. It's all cool.

Just relax, chill, enjoy the game. If you don't, there's other things to do in life, y'know?

03/10/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Floyce
We already know about ZG/ZA. We took out Hakkar and took out Zul'Jin. The dungeons are the exact same, the amount of players is just reduced and maybe some new mechanics. It's pretty much the same thing.

Looks like someone hasn't done the new dungeons, yet.

ZA, from the couple of bosses I managed to do, is mostly the same, except toned down to 5man level. Yeah, this is pretty lame of Blizz, as the mechanics are pretty unchanged from what I remember.

ZG on the other hand, has all-new encounters. None of the old boss mechanics are the same, despite a couple of the old bosses being there (I think). I honestly had a blast clearing ZG 5man the first time.
03/10/2011 1:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
There definitely is not a hard and fast rule about updating existing content. If we feel revamping existing content makes sense in the current state of the game and lore -- and we think it will be fun -- sure, it's a possibility. You definitely shouldn't expect this every patch though. In the grand scheme of World of Warcraft's history, we've reintroduced very little existing content per patch and expansion.

I think you guys did a good job. Not everyone was around in Vanilla or TBC, and not everyone may have had the opportunity to truly enjoy that content even if they were around.

I would honestly like a revisit to AQ40. Statistically speaking, and you can back me on this, a very small % of the playerbase got to see it back in Vanilla.
Your were correct with your AQ speculation. It will get turned into something, probably a 5 man because 5 mans are the new 10 mans and 10 mans are the new 25 mans, and 25 mans are too hard.

They will claim it makes sense with the lore and feel of uldum. I'm already laughing.
Revamping content is just laziness, and in most cases inferior to the previous installment.

ZG and ZA will only be worth a single run through. I'm certain people would take having 4.1 a month sooner rather than getting two additional instances no one cares about.
Your were correct with your AQ speculation. It will get turned into something, probably a 5 man because 5 mans are the new 10 mans and 10 mans are the new 25 mans, and 25 mans are too hard.

They will claim it makes sense with the lore and feel of uldum. I'm already laughing.

Oh PLEASE! AQ had awesome lore, the raids were a ton of fun, and I'm fairly certain a good majority of players never got past the first boss in 40. While Yogg'saron was cool, nothing can top C'thun for me, personally. I say bring it on!!!
I'm gonna go on record and say a reboot of AQ would make me very very happy. BWL and MC not so much but AQ..... /nostalgicsigh
03/10/2011 1:41 PMPosted by Blacksen
And let's get real - we know why you're recycling old content. With the next Starcraft 2 expansion, Diablo 3, and an "unannounced MMO" all in production, I'm guessing the art team has its hands full. Recycling old content is an easy way to create a "new" instance with old art assets.

There isn't a singular Blizzard Entertainment art team. Each franchise has its own art department. We don't just pull resources from one project to give more attention to another in the sense you're suggesting. This is why we have multiple development teams (which include art teams for each) and can work on multiple franchises simultaneously.