PTR and a Trial Account .. Problems ..

Customer Support
Okay awhile back I added a trial account to my stuff.. Of course I let it expire. I don't even remember why I did it. Shortly after it expired, though, I downloaded the PTR. My problem is.. Both the PTR and trial account have the same account name. WOW1 .. So, when I go to log in I have my normal account I play on and then, what I thought was, the PTR account but apparently it's the trial account. I can't access my PTR at all. I know there isn't a way to remove my trial account unless a GM or Customer Support member removes it for me.. Buuut, I really want to get on the PTR hah so is there anything I can do to access it instead of the trial account?
You would have to access the PTR account with a downloaded copy of the PTR client. You can't access the PTR with the live client, which is what it sounds like you're trying to do. The two are entirely separate.
Oh wow. How stupid am I. I didn't honestly even realize. WOW! Well, thank you VERY much cause that had me stumped for a good half hour I'd say. I appreciate it.
Quite okay. Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the ones we overlook.

Happy PTR'ing!
03/10/2011 8:19 PMPosted by Peetá
Okay awhile back I added a trial account to my stuff.. Of course I let it expire. I don't even remember why I did it. Shortly after it expired, though, I downloaded the PTR. My problem is.. Both the PTR and trial account have the same account name. WOW1 .. So, when I go to log in I have my normal account I play on and then, what I thought was, the PTR account but apparently it's the trial account. I can't access my PTR at all. I know there isn't a way to remove my trial account unless a GM or Customer Support member removes it for me.. Buuut, I really want to get on the PTR hah so is there anything I can do to access it instead of the trial account?

Did you wish that old trial removed, Peetá?
You would have to access the PTR account with a downloaded copy of the PTR client. You can't access the PTR with the live client, which is what it sounds like you're trying to do. The two are entirely separate

What do you mean by that? There are two types of PTR? Or are you saying she thought PTR was live?
Aagorath - this thread is from October 2011.

What they mean is that in order to access the PTR, the PTR client must be used. You can't use the normal live client to access PTR.
Aagorath - this thread is from October 2011.
March, not October. Most Americans right month, day, year, not day, month, year. Since this forum is based on the American system, it is month first.
March, not October. Most Americans right month, day, year, not day, month, year. Since this forum is based on the American system, it is month first.

*write* :p

Yes, I know - I only glanced at it.