Healers Have to Die, part III

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
This is the third Thread of this topic in this area, 4th if you count the initial one that started from UI and Macros.

Still no blue response? Really?

And no one protects healers. If they did we wouldn't have this problem.
If you're an alliance complaining about this mod....

Just. Don't.

Horde haven't needed this mod for 6 years to focus you (and me, for that matter) down in pvp. They call out a healer when they see hit point bars filling up. Then they all focus down that healer.

Most Alliance dps, however, could use this mod auto-loaded as soon as they try to start pvp'ing. Too many Alliance dps just refuse to swap targets from their first target they see. Even if the hit point bar never drops below 95%, they won't swap targets. Herp a derp.
Three important notes.

1.) Only about 12,000 people are using this mod (compare that to the (what, 12 million or somesuch?) people playing WoW).
2.) Only people with a decent interest in PvP and some experience with addons will even install this -- that's actually a fairly small percentage. Bad raiders are those who don't get a threat meter, bad PvPers won't get this mod either for the most part (not to say being bad is the only reason not to get this at all).
3.) It marks friendly healers for you so you can help protect them. This underscores the fact that the mod is not designed to cripple one role in mass PvP, it's to help players make on-the-fly observation and decisions.

If you think this mod is the cause of all your problems, you're wrong.
Close to 50k actually.
The mod's legal.
Name plate modification's alright.
Detecting specs is alright.
Parsing combat logs is alright.

All this topic is, "I got focus fired QQ!!"
On the positive side it might actually create a society in PvP that will actually start protecting healers now.
It's been said before, this mod doesn't do anything good players don't already do.
03/13/2011 1:17 PMPosted by Pupcakez
It's been said before, this mod doesn't do anything good players don't already do.

Except we don't care if good players down us. Being focus fired on by 8 baddies is the problem, and a problem that wouldn't exist if this mod didn't.

Or maybe you assume they're baddies when they are in fact good players who lack gear. If they really are as bad as you say then this mod wont help them at all. You assume a lot.

Or maybe you assume they're baddies when they are in fact good players who lack gear. If they really are as bad as you say then this mod wont help them at all. You assume a lot.

Good players do not need this addon. Gear has nothing to do with this addon, except the bads using it to breeze through BGs, in which case, why can't I do the same? Oh right, because every bad is breezing through it to grind their honor off me while I'm sitting at the GY for most of the match.

Nice try though. Next time actually think.

What qualifies them as "bads"?

What qualifies them as "bads"?

Players who would not otherwise have the coordination to focus fire a healer. Players who need a big cross that says, "HEY, FOCUS ON THIS ONE SINCE YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO FIND THEM YOURSELF!"
Can you prove they have this addon and aren't just saying "Hey, kill this healer" in bg chat? You can't, so don't even try.
Can you prove they have this addon and aren't just saying "Hey, kill this healer" in bg chat? You can't, so don't even try.

And you can't prove that they aren't using this addon. OMG, ARGUMENT INVALID.

Burden of proof is on you, you say they have it, I say you can't prove they have it. I think you're just mad you got beat by a slightly organized team.