Healers Have to Die, part III

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Any addon that helps players kill healers is a good addon in pvp.

Healers have to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03/13/2011 2:19 PMPosted by Pupcakez
If you want healers to blend in make them look like warriors or dk's. You're still easy to see in the bushes, and hiding in the bushes just screams "I'm a healer".

That's nice, however it's worked for healers for years.

If we're so easy to spot, then this add-on wouldn't exist.

Again, we are easy for COMPETENT players to spot, not bads. Thank you for stating the obvious again.
Bad players will still be bad regardless of this addon, just like DBM wont stop people from standing in the fire.
IMHO it's much better to have bads that need an add-on to have the situational awareness to recognize healers than bads that are too oblivious to kill healers. For every bad that downloads this add-on, there will still be players too lazy/stuipd to even use "shift-v" to see the healer hiding in the bushes.

There will NEVER be a time when this add-on is used universally, unless blizzard integrates it to their standerd UI (not likely)... and even if blizz made it standard there would STILL be players that don't use it.

Your argument that healers are diminished somehow by having themselves pointed out when they do what they're supposed to do is A

My argument that melee are diminished somehow by having themselves pointed out when they do what they're supposed to is B

You said my argument was a strawman argument. Since our two arguments are the same, the transitive property tells us that yours must be a strawman argument too.

But, congratulations on trying to completely head in the wrong direction.

Your argument is a strawman by not addressing the topic at hand, but substituting it with an irrelevant weaker topic that you are attacking.

Thus strawman. Mine is relevant to the topic, thus not a strawman. Perhaps now would be the perfect timing for you to actually read what strawman fallacies are.

It's perfectly relevant to the topic at hand, you're just trying to grasp at straws that aren't there to keep your argument moving because you see that our two arguments are, in fact, the same and disproving one would disprove the other.
IMHO it's much better to have bads that need an add-on to have the situational awareness to recognize healers than bads that are too oblivious to kill healers. For every bad that downloads this add-on, there will still be players too lazy/stuipd to even use "shift-v" to see the healer hiding in the bushes.

There will NEVER be a time when this add-on is used universally, unless blizzard integrates it to their standerd UI (not likely)... and even if blizz made it standard there would STILL be players that don't use it.

I think it's worse that people call other people *bads* based on limited knowledge if they either can't be aware of their surroundings due to their mental limitations. That's one part of it the other is maturity to just insult people for no reason >_>
I was on my warlock in AB yesterday guarding BS with a druid healer (warlock is 83). I could not BELIEVE how many alliance were crawling out from every corner of the map and going STRAIGHT for the druid. He even made a comment "This is odd... I've been noticing I've been attacked / focused a lot more lately. Is there an addon or something pointing me out?"

This addon takes away from part of the strategy of pvp, and needs to be broken.

Is there one shaman in the bg? Is there an earthshield on someone? Guess what? It's a healer, it needs to die.

Paladin with a shield and a high level of mana? It's a healer, it needs to die.

Priest not in shadow form or without the mind quickening buff? It's a healer... it needs to die.

Druids, while a little more tricky to determine, can still be pointed out fairly easily.

Most of my characters are healers, I love pvp. This addon makes it so I can't blend in with the other players, or hide in bushes or whatnot to heal my team mates. If you can't find a healer without this addon, you're terrible... period.
This thread was delicious to read. It's an addon that promotes targeting healers. In a pvp game where it's smart to cc or just kill healers before going for the dps.

So what if bad players use this and learn from it. And stops being bad. I keep reading posts complaining about bad players getting better from this mod and targeting healers. The general pvp population learning and improving? Sounds like a good thing. Again so what if they're bad and using a training wheels mod. They'll eventually not need it and perhaps even learn to defend their own healers. Sounds like a good thing too.

And what does it matter if they learn from a mod. Sure it's more impressive to grind out the bgs and learn the ropes. But raiders often watch videos of other players doing instances instead of wiping constantly and learning from it.

All the qq about this is entertaining though. It's like people are afraid the baddies will rise up and suddenly get better. Can't have that. We got to keep those baddies down.

I think it's worse that people call other people *bads* based on limited knowledge if they either can't be aware of their surroundings due to their mental limitations. That's one part of it the other is maturity to just insult people for no reason >_>

I agree... however I was using the term more in response to people who make the argument that the add-on should be disallowed because it makes so called "bads" a threat in BGs. I did not use it with intent to insult others, and I'm sorry if it was taken that way.
Bad players will still be bad regardless of this addon, just like DBM wont stop people from standing in the fire.

Except with this add-on, there now lies the possibility that the bads can all focus fire me into sitting at the GY for most of the match.
Then they aren't bads now are they.
This thread was delicious to read. It's an addon that promotes targeting healers. In a pvp game where it's smart to cc or just kill healers before going for the dps.

So what if bad players use this and learn from it. And stops being bad. I keep reading posts complaining about bad players getting better from this mod and targeting healers. The general pvp population learning and improving? Sounds like a good thing. Again so what if they're bad and using a training wheels mod. They'll eventually not need it and perhaps even learn to defend their own healers. Sounds like a good thing too.

And what does it matter if they learn from a mod. Sure it's more impressive to grind out the bgs and learn the ropes. But raiders often watch videos of other players doing instances instead of wiping constantly and learning from it.

All the qq about this is entertaining though. It's like people are afraid the baddies will rise up and suddenly get better. Can't have that. We got to keep those baddies down.

I clicked the thumbs up there! Best comment in any of the HHTD threads that have come up! Thanks. :) :) :)

I agree... however I was using the term more in response to people who make the argument that the add-on should be disallowed because it makes so called "bads" a threat in BGs. I did not use it with intent to insult others, and I'm sorry if it was taken that way.

Fair enough. I just think the amount of attention this addon is getting is a little unnecessary despite it's controversial nature.

It's perfectly relevant to the topic at hand, you're just trying to grasp at straws that aren't there to keep your argument moving because you see that our two arguments are, in fact, the same and disproving one would disprove the other.

Your argument: Melees should be nerfed.

No, it isn't. When you realize this you'll stop posting.