Problem with wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downlo

Technical Support
1 2 3 7 Next
I'm have a problem with wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe. I have tried disabling my firewall and SONAR Protection monitors from Norton has continuously blocked and removed the file. Any ideas on what I can do?
my brother and i both have the same problem. what worries me is why sonar is detecting this. hopefully blizz will give us some information soon on the problem
Here's the funny thing. Patch 4.0.1 is numbered BEFORE the current patch 4.0.6. The patch coming out is 4.1.0. I had the same message come up through my anti-virus protection. This "patch" is either a bug or malware that has leaked into the Blizzard downloader. This is my guess anyway now that I think about it.
03/15/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Lystria
Here's the funny thing. Patch 4.0.1 is numbered BEFORE the current patch 4.0.6. The patch coming out is 4.1.0. I had the same message come up through my anti-virus protection. This "patch" is either a bug or malware that has leaked into the Blizzard downloader. This is my guess anyway now that I think about it.

That's just the tools patch. Patch 4.1 isnt coming out this week.
<---- have the same problem. just as clueless
I am having the same issue with my anti virus program.
any updates yet on wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe ??
Yep. Same problem here. Funny thing is, I've never had problems with Norton before.

Edit: disabling SONAR worked, was still kinda a pain though lol
i turned off my Norton firewall and Sonar and it downloaded
Same issue. Where's the blue post?? :(
I keep downloading the new patch but everytime i do the sonar of my norton keeps blocking it and ive tried to disable it but it keeps blocking it
Just to pile on: As mentioned by others Norton Security Suite (mine is build 4.3.0.5 Comcast edition) is not allowing wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe download and run. SONAR is blocking the file and forcing it's removal.
i found a solution that worked for me. Go into Norton and disable the SONAR protection. it should work fine. then just re-enable after it finishes downloading
I'm having the same problem =/
if you go in the antivirus portion of your norton and turn the sonar protection off, you can download the tools update, I am in game right now, seems to be working fine.
where can i go to disable the SONAR in norton?
ya, just talked to a bunch of ppl, they all having same problem, my advice, dont allow the program, or disable your firewall until blizz gives the ok
Great to hear, but is there a threat? Why all of a sudden does Norton block it. Has Blizz introduced malware?