Can we have less winged raids?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next

In all seriousness, I thought ToC was a cool raid. It was neat and interesting at the time. An entire patch dedicated to running it and only it four times a week however was not fun.

Good god the only thing worse than ToC was ToGC. Hey...let's make ToC harder, less interesting, more head-bashy, and now with NO ROOM FOR ERROR!~ Yayyyyy! Oh wait, what?

not to mention that stupid lets put a pvp fight right in the 3rd encounter uggg ToC

Now is this Elemental Invasion excited.

Or actual excitement?

Doesn't matter for you and most of the people that quoted you because by judging by your 1 BH kill, you won't see the raid anyways...

Yeah, because people never post with alts. That one BH raid is *for sure* the sum total of his raid experience. Without a doubt.
Trash is boring.

Bosses are fun.

Also, BWD is barely even winged. Having options to choose bosses doesn't = a different wing. Options are also nice to have. ❤

trash has always been boring, but now that they have a good chance to drop BOEs at least you have some motivation to clear it. just the other day we got 3 BOEs from the trash on Magmaw. at 10-25k gold a piece or a nice gear upgrade its definitely worth 5 min of my time

Doesn't matter for you and most of the people that quoted you because by judging by your 1 BH kill, you won't see the raid anyways...

Yeah, because people never post with alts. That one BH raid is *for sure* the sum total of his raid experience. Without a doubt.

It is the total of my raid experience :P

Don't have the time, nor internet connection currently to raid unfortunately. Most likely wont either until August Q_Q
Trash is boring.

Bosses are fun.
Is that why ToC is the top of everyone's favorite raid of all time list?
03/11/2011 9:21 PMPosted by Trillien
Are we allowed to bring melee this time?

Just one. The floor doesn't tank itself.

Hahaha. I always love to thank melee who die for keeping the floor off the tank. :D

Is that why ToC is the top of everyone's favorite raid of all time list?

I know quite a few people who thought ToC was awesome. The main people you hear complaining about it are the hardcore guilds who cleared it in 1 week.

Anecdotal. ToC is consistently ranked as one of the least liked raids. Knowing "quite a few" people who thought it was ok, doesn't really change that. Quite a few people like bieber.
Trash is boring.

Bosses are fun.

Funny...
Karazhan was packed to the brim with trash and it was everyone's favorite raid.
ToC had no trash and it is everyone most hated raid

Karazhan trash was fun, engaging and interesting. It was entertaining to clear, very different, and easy enough so you could enjoy yourself while going through. You could kill it fast enough so that it didn't feel like bosses, but could wipe on it if you were a herpderp.
Karazhan was perfect, even though it was full of trash.

Think of Karazhan: Attumen in stables, Moroes is having dinner, Maiden in a brothel, Opera event... yeah, Curator touring the museum, Nightbane on the rafters, Aran in the library, Illhoof in a demon summoning chamber, Netherspite in observatory, Chess event in game room, Prince melch in twisting nether... ALL these are organic and natural and the layout of the dungeon was strong. It felt like it was real and lived in, and a tower, and bosses were in places they felt natural.

This is why the modern dungeons aren't working. The bosses are designed first, and the dungeon is built around them. Karazhan was clearly done the other way around.

BoT has Halfus at a ledge with dragons... but where is he? Where are those dragons going? Where did they come from? We don't even know where the BoT is... you go through a portal and you are in a hallway.
V&T are two dragons in a room... How did they get there? Where are they?
Cho'gal is in a throne room, presiding over... nothing. Portals summon adds. From where? How do they get out of the BoT?
Throne of Four Winds kind of makes sense, because they are elementals, but that still seems kind of simple.
BWD doesn't technically fit into the mountain. And seems to only be placed there off the balcony, so the vanilla fans have some connection to it.
Magmaw is in fire off a balcony that seems to have no purpose.
Omnitron is a defense system, not even guarding the main entrance. It's off to the side for no other reason so that it is not inconvenient for players.
The bosses from here on, fit in their rooms, but the rooms seem arbitrary and odd.
A Library for Atrimedes filled with gongs specifically designed to give the boss vertigo. The bell makes sense, but why would there be a bell in a library.
A slimey pit for Chimeron. Finkle and the Bile-o-tron. Why would Nefarian keep these things together.
And an alchemy lab for Maloriak (alchemist boss), which doesn't fit in itself, because BWL is essentially a giant alchemy lab. Why didn't he use all that now unused real estate.
The only boss who feels genuine in the instance is Nefarian himself.
Do you remember Karazhan? Maneuvering through that place was like you were actually a part of a story rather than part of a random mob assaulting a lurking monster nearby. There were flights of stairs, irrelevant rooms, tables and chairs and lighting, a stage, ramparts - the whole nine!

I miss that. Climbing to the top made you feel as if you had accomplished something.
One of my favorite instance encounters is the one where you encounter the male and female demons and they start arguing, that and the releasing Manastorm from jail.

/shrug

Who cares? I mean other than you apparently. Not quite sure WHY you care, but w/e.

Point is, that character won't even see the new raid, so he has no voice in complaining about it.

Seeing as how I am more raid-progressed than you are, by your logic my opinion carries more weight then yours. That being said, I say you're wrong. Go find a Dragonslayer to contradict me.
03/11/2011 9:14 PMPosted by Communism
03/11/2011 9:14 PMPosted by Communism
A developer working on a particularly awesome Firelands boss encounter today took me on a tour of the dungeon. I think you'll find the layout to be a pleasant change of pace from winged dungeons. Many of the mechanics being worked on that I was shown were quite nifty as well. I'm really excited for this one. ;)

^^^^ Is important
03/12/2011 1:11 AMPosted by Palentina
Hahaha. I always love to thank melee who die for keeping the floor off the tank. :D

New boss mechanic, you need to use the melee corpses so your tank takes less/no damage by standing on them because the floor is lava.