Afk/Bots

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
03/19/2011 12:17 AMPosted by Exécutie
5 AFKers in Gilneas. That is like 50% or something. Maybe Blizzard should find a way to just band their MAC address. These "players" do not deserve to be able to play ever again.

It is very easy to change your Network Interface Cards MAC ID. Much easier than changing your IP address.
Tonight I have been in an av with 23/40 camping, isle 10/15, guineas 6/10, and ab 8/15. These are also the ones with zeros across the board so it doesn't include path bots. Lots are also bots I have seen through the leveling brackets while leveling alts.. I have opened tickets, my friends when they have seen them have opened tickets, but it looks like blizz actually encourages this behavior by allowing it because I see more and more bots every week especially after the so called bot ban.
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking.

A couple hundred trained baboons hammering away on TRS-80s?
It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking.

A couple hundred trained baboons hammering away on TRS-80s?

on a CP/M OS playing pong.

I dunno Bashiok, this isn't very encouraging.

If you would please look into this post over at AJ? http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/194086-banned/page__view__findpost__p__3128208

It's an admitted botter who posts an email, supposedly from a Blizzard rep, that really smacks in the face of non-cheaters here. Not only does this Arthessx person post with impunity his botting habits, he has a very unhealthy disdain for the game overall. He doesn't even try to hide it. And he's not the only one. There's a pattern of it.

After reviewing that forum, especially regarding this issue as of late, it would seem to me that these cheaters actually don't even have much good to say about WoW or Blizzard at all. In fact, I don't think there is anything you could do to make them happy no matter what you did. In the end, they WILL sell you out, believe me. They are clearly psychologically miserable human beings I wouldn't recommend taking advice from.

They bot because they want the gear to get into arenas to get a title. Then with that title they seek some sort of recognition from gaming developers and brag about GMs that "highly respect" them to balance class mechanics - their words.

If this is really what's going on over there, I would suggest to you that these types are so far out of touch with what the majority of the gaming community actually comes here for as opposed to these emulator-hacking self-servants with either self-esteem issues or hackers who make money off of it. These people are not your "fans".

I'd like to believe that the Blizzard representative email that guy showed is not legit. Because if it is, it's looking really, really BAD and no good will come of it.

The truth is, many people are watching and noticing and talking; more than any other time I've ever seen. It may not be on these forums, but it's happening. And it's having a very negative impact because people don't believe you care about game integrity anymore.

Tonight I just reviewed my account. I'm sad to say that after having started on 11/13/05, I canceled last week, albeit prior to reading your post. It expires on 3/31/2010. While your post is encouraging, it's still not enough to change my mind because, quite frankly, there's no dialogue going on between Blizzard and their REAL fans. All I see is frustration, locked/deleted threads and the banned who are now singing the praises of some other game out of retribution.

Is that how it ends? I hope not because that would just be sad and I had a lot of good memories that weren't sad.

Blizzard is a great company. Watching your anniversary video was an inspiration of cool guys who just wanted to create a cool game, and IT IS! You're just not as "cool" as you used to be. You're.. I don't know how to say it.. except that.. I sometimes feel like I'm back at grammar school and you've just thrown the teacher from hell at us who likes to give us detention or torture us with bullies.

I miss the forums where the Blues used to talk with us, not at us and weren't afraid of anything we wanted to talk about. That's gone and that's what's gone wrong.
Cool, cuz just a few hours ago im pretty sure i went into bg warsong gulch where there was about 8 or all of the hordes were bots lol. Though that is pretty awesome for me :p, but it's too just awkward capping the flag while they keep banging into the stumps 0_o.
03/19/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Exécutie
This is really sad. It makes me not even want to PvP anymore... and I like wrecking faces.

You see this post, Bashiok? THIS is why we love the Battlegrounds. For no other reason except to have a place, after work, school, whatever, to "wreck faces" and let out steam.

We're not in it for a grind. The gear is a bonus. The FUN was in having a place to get together with your friends, fellow-gamers, people you haven't met yet, and just go at it on your toon.

Afk'ing and botting is about something else we're not here for.

Please get rid of shared honor. There's nothing "fun" about it.

You don't even have to ban their accounts if it's about the money. Just ban them from entering PvP-based instances.
Nah, they done this before a few years ago

. Tons of people had their accounts closed over bots,afk and bank alts. I only remember because our guild leader,who was our main tank, and our bank alt, was banned. Boy did that suck ,we were doing C'thun and vanilla naxx and progressing pretty good.

BUT, its a good thing. I personally don't think blizz can ever get rid of botters.

Most people just assume putting in a ticket gets that botter a instant ban, but it doesn't. Blizz pretty much saves up all this info and tracks down botters and have this massive ban every few years.
03/19/2011 7:59 AMPosted by Freetrade
a 3 year cycle to ban exploiters is almost as stupid as you pointing it out to us.

This.
Nah, they done this before a few years ago

. Tons of people had their accounts closed over bots,afk and bank alts. I only remember because our guild leader,who was our main tank, and our bank alt, was banned. Boy did that suck ,we were doing C'thun and vanilla naxx and progressing pretty good.

BUT, its a good thing. I personally don't think blizz can ever get rid of botters.

Most people just assume putting in a ticket gets that botter a instant ban, but it doesn't. Blizz pretty much saves up all this info and tracks down botters and have this massive ban every few years.

Tons of people had their accounts closed over bots,afk and bank alts.
accounts closed over bots,afk and bank alts.

bank alts.

Blizzard banned bank alts?
I challenge you! Let's see who can report the most AFK's/Bots in a single gaming session. Say from 6:30 PM EST to 4:30 AM EST. Obviously most will not play that long, but it allows for East and West coasters to have around an equal chance. Just post how many you have reported (no names). This should be fun, and informative. = )
The reaction of people seeing blues in the forums or online will be the same as seeing God have a fist-fight with Chuck Norris in a lava field.
Up to 37 so far.
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

I guess I wish he posted this in the professions forum, because apparently they didn't do a thing about Bg botting, just archaeology botting that doesn't grief people like BG botters do.
you know its bad when the Bots are reporting AFK players...
Over 50... Gotta ask... is this new sophisticated level of tech goblin or gnomish? Would like to know if I should expect it to backfire or just explode in our face.
03/19/2011 8:04 PMPosted by Exécutie
Over 50... Gotta ask... is this new sophisticated level of tech goblin or gnomish? Would like to know if I should expect it to backfire or just explode in our face.

Its Gnollish