Afk/Bots

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
A single token ban once every few years won't impress anyone. Regularly addressing the issue would.
I enjoy reading all the posts trying to justify cheating but in the end it is what it is.
03/16/2011 8:48 AMPosted by Bloodbone
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

In other words your going to go after a few really bad ones and the massive number of occasional AFKers and players who give up after one flag cap in WSG are going to go scott free as usual.

Why can't we have the tools the dungeon people have??? Are we so irresponsible compared to PvEers that we can't be trusted, we might kick someone who didn't deserve it??? Gee that never happens in the dungeons.

Don't waste your time with this token effort, and don't bother posting here, those of us who have played 6 years and watch AFKers profit 5 of those years, need to see results, talk from blues is cheap.

I've suggested that a few times; lowering the number of people it takes to report someone out of a BG for obviously being AFK and/or flagrant botting. Each time someone comes back with, "nah mang, then people would grief report people in BGs..." Seriously? When was the last time a thread was posted in any PvP forum by anyone claiming to be grief reported out of a BG? My first thought is... not very often, if ever.

Yesterday I did an AB and there were two obvious AFKers, they never moved from the entry house the entire game. I said something in /bg and four other people responded that they had already reported them multiple times, yet they never turned purple. So, it must take more than five people in a game of AB to get the job done, which is ridiculous. It should take 2/10, 3/15 and 5/40 to drop the AFK tag on someone and if you think people will abuse that, you're giving them entirely too much credit. If people aren't inclined to report bots and stationary AFKers that aren't doing anything, why would they take the time to report you if you're contributing?

If the responsibility of policing the BGs is going to rest with the players, then take off the mittens and let us actually do something when the need arises.

- Lower the amount of reports needed to 2/10, 3/15 and 5/40
- Remove the ability to put someone on /follow in BGs
- Set your warden program to detect repetitive pathing and spell casting (Renew cast exactly every 8 seconds after taking 3 steps forward, yea, that's probably a real person...)
03/16/2011 12:44 AMPosted by Shîz
Id like a blue post on here please because you cant win 7 v 10.

Wow you got lucky.

03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

Nice. Might go back to alliance now :P

Don't bother. Even getting rid of the botters won't fix the general stupidity of the Alliance. That and the lack of healers because we generally don't provide them with any protection. Every time I've been in BG's on my healer I have some guy screaming at me to heal him while I have 4 horde on me. When I play my healer Horde side, I usually don't even have to ask for protection.
Nice. Might go back to alliance now :P

Don't bother. Even getting rid of the botters won't fix the general stupidity of the Alliance. That and the lack of healers because we generally don't provide them with any protection. Every time I've been in BG's on my healer I have some guy screaming at me to heal him while I have 4 horde on me. When I play my healer Horde side, I usually don't even have to ask for protection.

Kinda stuck being horde now because Bloodlust is pretty much dominated by them anyway. There is a few good alliance rated players though.
Why don't we just fix the cause of the problem, the ridiculously long honor grind?

At some point, you just have to give in and realize, that maybe the way the game is working isn't the best way to do it. People will always find ways to do as little as possible to get what they need.

IMO, we need to get over this "PvP gear is too easy to get" mentality, and realize that the long grind to get something that's pretty much required to compete is what's causing the obnoxious amount of people afk / botting.

If you fix the cause, you get rid of the problem. If you only fix the problem, you just make a new problem... next will probably be more drawn out games because of the afks actually doing something, and getting in the way so that they don't get the afk flag. And this also leaves everything opened to being abused by the clueless... like the guy defending a spot in eots
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok

I hope this isn't like past rounds of actions. Where you do it one time then ignore it for a year or more.

Quite simply put, After reporting bots for months and months, (and watching many of them get the 100.000 hk title for their faction) whatever you take from them is meaningless.

The only way you will ever TRULY curb botting/afking, is removing the long grind for gear AND/OR simply locking accounts (or characters on the account) that are caught botting.

But there is the inherent problem, one way you remove the incentive to play bg's repetitively, or you remove the reccurent sub fee.

Both ways of actually fixing this.. equals your buisiness losing money.

Kudos for saying your going to do something, to bad saying you are going to do something isn't quite the same as doing it, is it?

Blue, please check this guys account activity. He sounds like a botter

Blue, please look into this clown's account activity too...ah hell he just admitted it PERMA BAN HIM!

Admitted botter Ban hammer time

/facepalm
That's not how it works here...

Instead of spamming a thread demanding action from "Blue" (their jobs, contrary to popular belief, are not to read every single post on these forums as they happen), you need to learn how to just report posts without the song and dance, especially if you have nothing to add to the discussion.

I do find all the people admitting to using bots here amusing though. They're pretty much spitting in Blizzard's face by posting like that, and I'd honestly find it laughable if nothing happened to their accounts; even though it wouldn't surprise me one bit...
If I didn't just cancel my account... again...( I tend to get tired of the BS and then time passes and my addiction to the game gets the best of me)
I'd probably care more about this. Honestly, if I pay a monthly fee to a game ever again, it will be SWToR...
If Blizz ever decides to make a multiplayer FPS style version of WoWPVP with an upgrade system like Battlefield BC2 or Black ops, etc. where skills (or at least good intent) outweigh gear, I'd be interested. I am excited to see how Brink will be too. Those games work because most of the people who play them love to pvp... the biggest issues I think, are the non-pvp related incentives (like xps) and the tedious grind to earn gear. They bring a shady element to the field.

And before you start flaming my hunter here for being a "twink" who just wants to pwn noobs... I don't gear for that-- I gear for the expectation that my team will be full of idiots in sh!t gear, and I will need to be that much stronger to try and take on the giant zerg that will be steamrolling us repeatedly. Usually I'm right in my prediction, and even gearing wont help... especially when among the idiots are 3 bots on autofollow not doing anything at all.
I'd probably care more about this. Honestly, if I pay a monthly fee to a game ever again, it will be SWToR...
If Blizz ever decides to make a multiplayer FPS style version of WoWPVP with an upgrade system like Battlefield BC2 or Black ops, etc. where skills (or at least good intent) outweigh gear, I'd be interested. I am excited to see how Brink will be too. Those games work because most of the people who play them love to pvp... the biggest issues I think, are the non-pvp related incentives (like xps) and the tedious grind to earn gear. They bring a shady element to the field.

Except that the fundamentals of this game are about improving your character. If you want a static playing field where the competition has nothing to do with gearing, then almost contradictorily what you want to do is make a twink. Once you gear up the twink, it then becomes about skill and not about gear. Then its more like playing one of the other games you mentioned.
03/15/2011 7:57 PMPosted by Keepsayke
So they're automatically in full vicious? Cool.

Wow, I just didn't think this was that hard to understand.

If you have actually worked your way to a "high rating" (that my original quote mentioned) then you have had PLENTY of time to move beyond honor gear and into Conquest gear.

There is just very little reason (almost none) for a toon that is "high rated" to be afk in an honor BG.

You have no clue do you? They can buy stuff (althogh be it expensive, but hey, they are just botting for the honor) other than gear with the honor, allowing them to make gold/enchant mats for their Conquest point gear.

So yeah, you do see PLENTY of "high" rated players botting in bg's.

Maybe they just want the 100k hk title, or the 250k hk title?

Gear is only 1 reward from honor, not the only reward.

/facepalm
That's not how it works here...

Instead of spamming a thread demanding action from "Blue" (their jobs, contrary to popular belief, are not to read every single post on these forums as they happen), you need to learn how to just report posts without the song and dance, especially if you have nothing to add to the discussion.

I do find all the people admitting to using bots here amusing though. They're pretty much spitting in Blizzard's face by posting like that, and I'd honestly find it laughable if nothing happened to their accounts; even though it wouldn't surprise me one bit...

I never admitted to botting :) There's a difference between customizing a mouseclicker to work to your advantage while playing WoW in windowed mode and attaching an automated bot to your account. There is nothing illegal about using a mouseclicker read the ToS.

You're still terrible. You are botting.
I've had to go afk to deal with my family a few times and I get reported occasionally. I wish people would use the CHAT system before assuming..... I mean its been there since wow came out, you can type, ask a question.
03/16/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Philbo
"Habitually AFK'ing" I love how grey that is. I wonder how many legit players will be getting a drink or something and end up screwed by this.

Exactly. Or dealing with young children.
03/16/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Philbo
"Habitually AFK'ing" I love how grey that is. I wonder how many legit players will be getting a drink or something and end up screwed by this.

Is it really necessary to get a drink mid-battle? Not trying to be a pain but, really, if you know you are going to be joining a BG soon, get stuff done ahead of time. It's not much different than using the restroom before going on a road trip. >.<

Why don't we just fix the cause of the problem, the ridiculously long honor grind?

At some point, you just have to give in and realize, that maybe the way the game is working isn't the best way to do it. People will always find ways to do as little as possible to get what they need.

Firstly, I don't think making things easier because people are lazy is a good practice for anything, in-game or in real life. Secondly, since we know people can be jerks, making the honor grind into a faceroll probably won't change much.

I was just struck by the irony that people want HONOR to be easier to earn... O_o

03/16/2011 9:19 AMPosted by Nrsimha
I've suggested that a few times; lowering the number of people it takes to report someone out of a BG for obviously being AFK and/or flagrant botting.

This! I habitually check for AFKers and botting and it sucks when I try to report one and nothing happens. In the last SotA I did we had 3 AFKers - 2 of which were from the same guild even! I mentioned them 3 or 4 times in BG chat and yet I don't think anyone else bothered reporting them because they were so focused on the BG. We won but that doesn't change the fact that these guys sat there from start to finish and didn't move. I tried sending in a ticket but WoW ate it and I don't have their names so there goes that. *sigh*

03/16/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Batteries
I've had to go afk to deal with my family a few times and I get reported occasionally. I wish people would use the CHAT system before assuming..... I mean its been there since wow came out, you can type, ask a question.

Well on the whole chat system note...do you tell anyone you are going to take care of a kid?
I laughed so hard when i realized.. the gm dug up a 2 day old post... to be the first reply ;p