4.1, the patch of disappointments.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them?

/facepalm. Alot of people were asking for them back, some were just asking for the mounts others were asking for the raid, so what does blizz do? they do both so both player bases can be pleased, or well thats the idea.

If they never took them away, people wouldn't have to ask for them back.

It's blatantly obvious they took them out with the intentions of putting them back as 5 man heroics. People asking for them back after they were removed isn't what made them magically reappear as 5 man dungeons.
03/16/2011 6:46 PMPosted by Cozzene
Thank you for posting TotalBiscuit's Daily Azeroth he posted a week or two ago.

Well if TotalBiscuit claimed we were "promised Abyssal Maw" than I guess he's as dumb as I originally thought.
based on what?

how can you know how many people wanted/didn't want what?

heres a pro tip, forums =/= everyone.

While true it's also true that listening to the people who actually care about the product is in fact indicative of the market as a whole. If not then companies would no longer offer feed-back lines. How many people who drink Coke actually call them up but they still have the # on their product (toll free too) to field calls for feedback. This is sort of a well known aspect of market research... Given that information, the small % of people on the forums actually do provide valuable feedback- again otherwise I doubt Blizzard would waste their money and let other sites deal with forum moderation etc.

Don't confuse knowing exact wishes (which you are seemingly demanding yet I'm sure you also realize is impossible) with taking into account a passionate fan-base and making educated decisions based off, at least in part, their stated desires.

tl;dr:
If the consensus on the forums is that people like something or not then it will generally hold true on a larger scale/player base as well.
Totally agreed, putting ZG and ZA back takes away ALL accomplishment from those who did it in the first place (vanilla) , BUT I PAY 15$ A MONTH SO I MUST HAVE ALL CONTENT HANDED TO ME ON A SILVER PLATTER WITH THE MINIMAL EFFORT REQUIRED.
Its a big company, plans change, man up.
WHAT ABOUT MY MOOSE!
Honestly, a lot of the responses about this boggle my mind. I understand being frustrated that entirely *new* content (like Abyssal Maw) rather than revamped content is coming in 4.1, but complaining that the patch name doesn't match your expectations is really the epitome of asinine.

You will get the content on schedule, or perhaps slightly delayed. We have no idea what the original timeframe was for Firelands release

You will get the completed things earlier. You will still get the Firelands zone/raid around when it was going to be done by the development schedule, not the patch name order.
03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid

ROFL.

So, "we" (nice of you to include me there) are ready for firelands because A guild has cataclysm heroic raider achievement? As in a single one out of the millions out there? Guess what hotcakes: I don't. I haven't even stepped into normal mode raids. Neither has the character you're posting (not even Baradin Hold). If you were 12/12 heroic mode completed, then you might have said that YOU are ready for firelands. Seriously, people who haven't even seen the endgame content are complaining because they have to wait longer for another patch to make the content they didn't see obsolete? I'm glad they are taking their sweet time with it, I might get a couple bosses down before 4.2 hits.
what do you mean no one asked for ZG/ZA? those are the 2 best instances in the game imo.

Id Rather have those restored than Abyssal Maw dungeons.
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw, not 1, but 2 NEW dungeons, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.

we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

and finally, we were ALSO promised a new, re-grown, rebuilt version of mt hyjal when you help out the guardians of hyjal, and as far as i can tell, NONE of the info that was promised is in the patch notes, please share your opinion on this.

So the fact that 2 - 3 dozen guilds in the world have done their Heroic Raid achievements means that the population as a whole is ready? ...O.o
Perhaps you should take a long hard look at the Wrath patch release schedule
BlizzCon is a behind the scenes look into the development process. We offer that behind the scenes look because we know people enjoy being able to see our processes, and also hear about what we're thinking about and planning. That comes with the hope that the information is indeed taken as we intend it, which is a candid look at our thoughts and processes. Not bullet points of finalized game features.

Unfortunately those candid thoughts and processes are sometimes interpreted as promises for the development of our games.

The reason we commonly do not discuss our plans until they're in the process of being implemented, or actually complete, is exactly for that reason. BlizzCon is a huge exception to our rule, and while we're not going to stop having BlizzCons and offering those behind the scenes looks for those in attendance who come to see exactly those things, it's really unfortunate to see when they're referenced as promises.

I am curious though if you just delayed the Abyssal Maw 5 man till 4.2 (be neater if you turned it into a raid so we get more than 7 bosses with just Firelands)?
Maybe we aren't getting the Abyssal Maw 5 man dungeons because they decided to make an Abyssal Maw raid in patch 4.X? I would love a Throne of the Tides looking raid.

4.1 is a no content patch that is taking way longer than it should have. I can understand complaints about 4.1, but complaints about 4.1 not having more 5 man dungeons? 4.1 having three 5 man dungeons instead of two doesn't make a difference, it's still a 5 man dungeon content patch, one in which the majority of people will run the dungeons a few times and only go back if they need maelstrom crystals or get it as their random once the new VP gear is out.
03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

So you're wanting the pace of new content based upon the fastest guilds? I suppose that guild is ready, but I know I am not, and I know that my guild would certainly like more time to work on even clearing one of the current raids.

Please don't speak for the entire player base. By all means speak for yourself and, perhaps, I suppose, a few that you're very close with but "we" is far too presumptuous.