4.1, the patch of disappointments.

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
03/18/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Æxines
BlizzCons and offering those behind the scenes looks for those in attendance who come to see exactly those things, it's really unfortunate to see when they're referenced as promises.

You know, there are many things I will, and do, fault you for especilly with this expansion, which I firmly belive is by far the worst one you have ever created.

Another 'this is the worst xpac ever' kid..? Awesome. Just quit the game if it's so terrible. Spare us your whining. Cata is returning the playerbase to BC-esque raiding/dungeoneering. I'm sure you were one of the people who said Wrath was too easy, too.
03/18/2011 12:45 AMPosted by Gavan
Another 'this is the worst xpac ever' kid..? Awesome. Just quit the game if it's so terrible. Spare us your whining. Cata is returning the playerbase to BC-esque raiding/dungeoneering. I'm sure you were one of the people who said Wrath was too easy, too.

You read the first sentence and automatically dismissed a decent criticizing post that
even included evidence of one of the major flaws and issues at hand with the expac.

Bravo

On a side note, I've noticed the fanbois are getting easier to counter in the last week
and that their retorts are getting more and more sophmoric. Did Bliz change the
flavor of the Kool Aid?

It's the same garbage people have been spouting for three years. My motivation for creative and witty responses only goes so far. There comes a time when being direct and to the point becomes more appealing than trying to be nice and respectful towards someone for whom I have no respect.

Anyway, the 'promises' that people have been citing were developmental and unfinalized information. Plans change, and I suppose along the way the devs decided that they didn't want to disappoint with the next tier, so more time being put into it = higher quality gaming. That's only one facet. People complained endlessly that TOC came too quickly after Ulduar--I was one of them. My guild experience in Ulduar hardly got into the initial hardmode encounters. I'm sure the average playerbase saw even less.

THAT is why I responded as I did. His post wasn't a decent criticism, it was a personal attack and a 'this game sucks qq' post.
03/18/2011 12:39 AMPosted by Âmaranth

Nope I was one of the people quite happy with WoTLK. Thought it was the best one they had come up with. The only complaint I ever had was before the LFD system was put in and the "Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched".

BC-esque? Let me ask you "kid" since I am willing to bet your a few years my younger, do you remeber BC, did you play it? Because if you did you would not find much in common with Cata raids and BC raids. BC raids were mostly tank & spank and were closer to WoTLK in that with a few extra mechanics. Cata relies on jumping, running or needing to be perfect everytime with an ability (take the interupts on Heroic Maloriak) that you have a fraction of a second to hit (like the 0.5 second cast time on said boss).

Also do not assume that since I dislike something I am going to quit, or not express thoes feelings. Also don't assume because I dislike something I am incapable of doing it. We have almost identical progress in the raids. We botht he the normal content down, and both have heroic halfus down, you have Heroic Maloriak, we don't yet. Thats pretty close, so stop assuming anyone that complains is as you would put it a "bad".
While we are on the subject of promises, anyone know where our Shen'dralar FoS is? Months of turning in books... three at a time.... THREE AT A TIME! No reward? I'm going insa.. oh wait.

p.s. sorry to spoil your flame war, posters above me.

. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them?

/facepalm. Alot of people were asking for them back, some were just asking for the mounts others were asking for the raid, so what does blizz do? they do both so both player bases can be pleased, or well thats the idea.

I just wish they would also leave the 70 version of ZA so my 70 guild would be able to progress through it when it became available :P

You're good with people I see.

For what it's worth, congrats on stirring the pot.

Its obvious some people cant handle the difference between behind the scenes, non finalized development, and promises... so whats to say they could handle a sugar coated reply.

Yeah i'd rather he be politically correct 100% of the time, read his response from some generic script, in a total inhuman manner, lie to us telling everything will as we wanted when really they don't care, just sugar coat us with deceit, like we let the politicians get away with.

Seriously guys grow up, its better he be straight to the point, I hate it when they beat around the bush answering our questions, with answers that don't belong to our questions.

Its better he be this way, because its the truth, you need to think about why Blizzard does what they do before saying they're a bunch of... and so on, when you obvious are clueless and taking shots in the dark at Blizzard and what they do.

As many posts in this very thread have already gave the basic obvious reason they did what they did, quit ignoring them, because your aren't anymore valuable.

Besides don't get mad when somebody has to point out common sense to you, in no way is it rude, or unfitting. Talk about stuck up anyhow, who are you guys to tell Blizzard what to release when, where and how?

You probably never took part in developing it or contributing to the development of warcraft up till now, nobody here is even entitled to ownership of their character and your bickering about not getting content to your personal deadlines.

I honestly don't even see the point in even complaining about this. Blizzard can rush content, yeah that's what u should want, crappy rushed content, do you like broken games?

So being abrupt doesn't even seem close to as bad now does it? the common sense here, and mature judgment is what is lacking, can't handle some basic opposition don't post on the forums.
03/18/2011 1:02 AMPosted by Âmaranth
THAT is why I responded as I did. His post wasn't a decent criticism, it was a personal attack and a 'this game sucks qq' post.

Yep thats why I was defending Blizz about the schedual of release, the fact we don't need a new Tier yet.

devs decided that they didn't want to disappoint with the next tier, so more time being put into it = higher quality gaming

Yet another part I agreed with you on.

People complained endlessly that TOC came too quickly after Ulduar--I was one of them

Again I agree.

I really don't think you read more then the first few lines of my post. I jsut think the new super mario brother raid mechanics are crap. That's why I think this is the worst xpac. The raiding is more like plaing a platformer game, sorry I out grew that game style a decade and a half ago.
I'm only really annoyed at how long 4.1 is sticking around on the PTR. Despite what they said about faster patching it seems like it'll be well into summertime before we see 4.2 live.

I'm unsure if I will be resubbing if there's that kind of monumental wait between content. There's other options now and the carrot of raid content isn't as spry as she used to be considering how little everything else has changed.

Even following the blue post blizzard stated at least like 3-4 times recently that, 4.2 is very shortly after 4.1, i think they said like 4-6 weeks, honestly it isn't that long and 4.1 is more like a mini-patch, its not like they are releasing 4.1 and going "ok patch 4.1 done lets wait 6 months till our next".
03/18/2011 1:26 AMPosted by Gavan
I'm not expecting the Firelands until June or July at the "soonest."

Well lets pretend 4.1 goes live this tuesday (which I doubt but just for the sake of argument) that would be 3/22. Lets say 4.2 hits the PTR 2 weeks after 4/5, then it needs to bake for about 6 weeks atleast, but lets say 6. So then we would be looking at mid May. So ya I think I agree with you end of June begining of July.
[quote]
03/18/2011 1:20 AMPosted by Æxines

Yep thats why I was defending Blizz about the schedual of release, the fact we don't need a new Tier yet.

Yes, despite how that post was either people are complaining about how blunt Bashiok's post was, just be glad he responded? He actually answered the question with nearly a close as to "yes/no" as one possibly could and you have something to complain about that?

Besides this is the game industry, compare the game awards to the oscars, the Game industry has never been anywhere nearly as formal, and I like they fact that they haven't cared. Its about the fun in the end, not about the minor "he said she said".
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

Perfect answer, thank you for wording it as such. I, for one, love spoilers and am glad you give as much info, or allow as much data to be mined as we have been able to see. I have always read it as possibilities, not promises, and as such have had an extremely low disappointment rate by any change-backs.

It amazes me that someone would lurk MMO-champ for pre-released data then complain that blizzard shouldn't give it. If you don't want pre-released info, don't go to Blizzcon and don't subscribe to websites that report on it. Easy fix and allows the rest of us that know how to handle the information and enjoy speculation and spoilers to continue having fun with the data.
This post is a troll post. No one in the OP's guild is remotely close to being ready for firelands raid. This is either a intellectual reaction to someone's thoughts on the matter (cynical brit maybe?) or purely an incendiary post due to boredom.

Bashiok is right on with his answer. I'm hoping his response is a one off and isn't indicative of the community at large (are there a lot of dumb posts about blizzard offering ponies in 4.1?). I, for one, enjoy knowing about behind-the-scene-goings-on, realizing promises are made when someone use the word "promise" and Blizzard not using that term ever.
03/16/2011 5:43 PMPosted by Flamebotdrew
I'm excited for ZA and ZG again, can I feel cool being part of the elite 2% that you very mathmatically came to by just pulling numbers out of your ass

This. I thought ZG was one of the most fun raids back in Vanilla. I'm looking forward to it as well.
So I went through and read about half of this thread, then did a little research just to see what type of OP were dealing with and came across a nice little post about training dungeons!
Seriously...? How can you even expect people to listen when you spout off such off the chart ideas such as this. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2030065044
Dear Blizz,
I am very mad at you, you made "promises" that you did not keep, I went to forums and QQ'd for the raider I am not, but will you please hold my hand through the big bad dungeon that is Deadmines, because you've made it sooo hard to go to curse and download DBM (that's Deadly Boss Mods in case you've never heard of it).
Thank you in advance
The Complainer
I think it'll be awesome, and even though I know it'd never happen, it'd be even better if they made the regular version of these instances the old raids from before the change.
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

If you're going to attempt to quote a line from an 80's naval movie, at least get it right;

Maverick, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash!

I have yet to cash a check I couldn't write. If I can't write the thing, how do I have a check to cash? It's a paradox!