The next possible playable race

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 23 Next
Common sense. They're an aquatic race. They spent the last ten milenia living 10,000 leagues under the sea... literally. They all live near the shore, or not far offshore.

I dunno, sounds like they need water to me. I've yet to see A SINGLE NAGA who wasn't within a few yards of a decent source of water.

Easily remedied with a spell or mutation.

A spell yes. I did mention earlier, either in this thread or another, that the Naga could use a spell that allows them to adapt to breathing.

A mutation though would be more difficult. Added lungs would help yes, but if that were the case you might as well mutate them legs, which is a big no-no. I mean, part of the thing that makes naga naga is the fact they have tails and not legs.

Naga are based off of gorgons like Medusa, and they don't have legs.
Actually, and this will seem incredibly pedantic so I apologize, I believe Naga are based off of Naga (from Hindu/Buddhist tradition) and share similarities with the creatures gorgons and lamiae.

Regardless, you're correct about the no legs thing. I just wanted to seem like a know-it-all bastard. :/
Actually, and this will seem incredibly pedantic so I apologize, I believe Naga are based off of Naga (from Hindu/Buddhist tradition) and share similarities with the creatures gorgons and lamiae.

Regardless, you're correct about the no legs thing. I just wanted to seem like a know-it-all bastard. :/
Technically correct. The females are gorgon (the high ranking ones anyway), while the males and majority of the female are true naga

WOW probably based their's on D&D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)
Please vote for your favorite race for Horde and Alliance when you Submit something.
My top picks would still be naga and arakkoa.
A twist that my or may not be considered...

Both factions have their cursed human races, but everybody knows that as with every race, there's good and evil to be found within the human race. When Kul Tiras is included as playable, make them have their differences with the alliance, and join the horde. That's right. full humans in the horde. Of course to satisfy lore, and to keep Jayna from going berserk, Admiral Proudwell will have to be exiled to Theramore.

Also for the horde, have a group of Erodar break away from the legion (unheard of you say? It was once said that Death Knights would never break away from the scourge, and Worgen were too savage to be playable) and have them crash in the broken isles (noticably gone since Northrend was added). The events could closely mirror the events of Burining Crusade, as more High Elves have sabatoged the ship and caused the crash, giving a mirror area to Azuremyst/bloodmyst, with opposite factions.

Completing this quadrilogy, have the Taunka develop social differences with their Tauren counterparts, their friendly relations get flushed down the crapper, and they join the Alliance.

Wouldn't that make pvp a nightmare you ask?

We already have the problem with similar shaped races when they're fully armored. We get around it by looking at the red text hovering above the helmet.

Sigh. I got ignored again. Maybe I'll try again another time.
Hell with all this, just give me my Pandaren already. :P
So what are all your thoughts on Arakkoa?
I'd rather Arakkoa than Naga. They already have a mount they could use at least: Raven Lords

As far as why... well, there already is a faction of Arakkoa alied with the naaru. They have most of the basic classes, except for paladin and Death Knight.

Only issue really is no female model.
I don't think Arrakoa appeal to that many people. They're certainly a cool NPC race with a lot of flavor, but as a player race I just don't think of them being very popular. I see them as being slightly less popular than Ogres.

Personally, if you're going for races introduced in tBC that have a possibility, I would say Ethereals seem better recieved and have more potential to be interwoven in the main storyline of WoW.
Well I would want Naga for the Horde and Arakkoa for the Alliance/
I'm not thinking about races so much but how about a new hero class? How about adding DEMON HUNTERS!? I love rogues but their based off of assassins from Diablo (tacky). I'd trade my Death Knight for a Demon Hunter any day, month, or 10,000 years!
03/26/2011 7:36 AMPosted by Kincayde
Personally I would like to see some sort of Humanoid Barbarians join the horde

Well that describes half the Horde already, but good news for you. We have Vrykul and Ogres that fit that description to the T.
03/26/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Romulio
I'm not thinking about races so much but how about a new hero class? How about adding DEMON HUNTERS!? I love rogues but their based off of assassins from Diablo (tacky). I'd trade my Death Knight for a Demon Hunter any day, month, or 10,000 years!

Lolno.

A hero class has to satisfy three parameters

1) Has to be sufficiently different than an existing class (arguable- I'd say they're different, but some may say they share too much with rogues or warlocks)
2) Has to satisfy a needed role (probably not- a demon hunter wouldn't tank or heal)
3) Has to fit in with its expansion (TBC was the perfect time to add demon hunters. The fact they didn't means that the opportunity has come and gone).
The Legion is not a one-time threat.

Theoretically, Demon Hunters could learn healing abilities.
I'd think that a Demon Hunter tanking would make sense. Demon Hunters augment their powers with the essence of a Demon, this could work similar to a Druids bear form where they take up an aura or even a form to tank. I'd see a Demon Hunters trees as casting dps, melee dps, and a tank spec.

As for their time coming and going, I still believe that there will be an actual Legion based expansion with an all out war, rather than the skirmishes with Demons that took place in the Burning Crusade.

One thing I also believe when it comes to the idea of Hero Classes that there should be more than one made, even if it were two, I'd think that they'd be easier to balance as the need to make one class really good, like the Death Knight. Just give the classes different roles like one tanks, the other heals.
Demon hunters are pretty restrictive in just about everything they do. Not only have all their abilities and fighting styles have already been cannibalized by other classes. Now now, you're going to say "But like Death Knight, they make up new abilities for Demon Hunter" Fact is, can you think of 50 unique abilities around fighting demons? I'm going to think not. They're iconic in being half naked and a unique weapon make them very restrictive with how wow has been built.

We already have a class that specializes in fighting Evil, they're called Paladins. We already have a class that specializes in quick and nimble combat, they're called rogues. I mean playing a demon hunter would look like this.

http://tips4pc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/black_screen.jpg
Horde: Vyrkul. No question. They're barbaric, like half of the Horde is, and because of their relations with the humans (Ymiron hates them, allys also built on their land).

Alliance: I'm going Stillpine Furbolg. Friends with the dranei. Plus I can totally see them as DKs