Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
By the way, I'd like to know what game any of you have played where the guild leader did not have ultimate control of everything in the guild?
Sounds like a very bad idea! A GM can leave their current realm and take everything from GB with them? Then Blizzard is going to charge me $25 to follow the guild I have worked so hard to gain rep with and earned K's of gold for them. Nice, thank you Blizz!!!
First this is a great idea, now about the cost some people don't get the fact that it takes a real life human to set down and transfer everything so it takes man power at a cost to blizz to pay there employee to do this. now about the faction change idea, great idea also but that i would assume will be at a higher cost if they do decide to have this option your talking alot more work having to change races and all the mounts ETC ETC.
i do believe this would be a great idea for servers that are below a certain "dying off rate" per se, but i also see how badly this could impact a guild, and everythingm all the 6 year vets put into the guild. i'm currently in a tight nit guild that has just celebrated its 6 year anniversary. and i could see (not with Hells Right Hand) but with other level 25 guilds, could be with the dark phoenix mount as well selling for thousands of US dollars, or even a TON of gold in game, im just saying that if a guild leader of a level 25 guild with a lot of achieves/rewards would pay 100-200$ for a guild change that would in turn ( at the cost of 2000 USD) would end up with 1800USD in his pocket.... this may be a little off topic but i also believe that if individuals put enough effort into a guild achieve they should get the reward without having to have the rep, just saying, i farmed for 12k critter kills over a few toons, and none of them are of "revered" status. its not of that status because i leveled from 10-85 through dungeons and PvP only. why should i have to go do quests and get the guild rep if i got 12k myself...
I think here is an idea for this service. I've done some thinking and have come to the conclusion that in order to port a Guild to a different server then there should be a certain percent or number of the members who would go with before Blizz ports the Guild also they should leave the guild on the server where it came under different leadership as well as copy it over to the new server. So there is the extra security that the Guild Master doesn't just up and move the guild without others being on board and yet keeps the ones who can't do the switch happy as they don't loose all they have worked for by becoming Guildless when the Guild moves.
v47.darkstarllc.com

pass: gaybar

come join the fun
I want this, so stop thinking bad about it.
And that statement is or is not factually true? It's called 'guild MASTER' not 'Guild Manager' or 'General Manager' or 'Guild Moderator' - MASTER.
Which effectively makes all the participants in the guild willing serfs.
Sure it's not a nice way to look at it - but my opinion is... if you didn't like the GM, you wouldn't be in his guild. And if you happen to like a GM that's an inconsiderate douche - then you need better friends.

I am continually amazed that people spend money and their valuable play time complaining about and seemingly unhappy with their GM and guilds. Remember the saying about not throwing good money after bad? In my opinion, time is more precious than money and makes this saying even more valid. If you don't like and trust your GM there are other guilds out there.

On topic: I am part of several good guilds and have a considerable number of alts...I could not afford to transfer all my toons with a guild like this. But I could certainly switch a toon, perhaps two. Over time, I could transfer other toons if I felt it important. I'd be interested in a cap (perhaps a max of $100 per guild transfer per account). There are a max of 10 toons per server. I've only reached this on one server...but I could NOT transfer all those characters on this server with the guild, even though this server is my main server with my 'core' guild. I can see paying $100 every couple of years if necessary to follow server population extremes or imbalances for more optimal playing.

There are bound to be issues in a transferring guild with those members wanting to transfer and those NOT wanting to or not being able to afford to transfer. These issues already exist. I've got a toon that remained when the pvp guild she was part of followed better server balance. The remaining guild is only a shadow of the former guild. It's life has gone and I'll be making a decision to either follow the guild or join a new one soon. (As a side note, the server has recently been a 'new player' server. The influx of new players has changed the feel of the server...and I actually like the change and new feel very much. I'll probably be staying--under new management, as they say. i.e. I'll find a new guild or play independently.)

Guild transfers would not fix all the current problems...but they would help. For those of you who have never been a GM or been involved in managing one, there is a lot of labor and time (and GOLD!) involved in setting one up, particularly when you have more than a few dozen members. GMs do have a lot of power...but (at least the good ones) also invest time, effort (and often lots of gold) in exchange. Part of their 'play time' becomes 'work' in an effort to make the guild run properly. This isn't a free ticket to mis-use the group's resources, of course. But a good GM has more invested in the guild than many members may realize. (*stepping off the soapbox*) Being able to transfer the guild with the basic structure intact and without having to 'redo' everything would be a HUGE timesaver.
im not liking this because im one of the people who has several alts all with different maxxed out professions.. It would cost way too much for me to transfer all of em.. I feel that blizzard should offer a full account transfer for a fee ...especially if your guild transfers also
It's Blizz..of course there gonna charge you, Can't wait for Starwars T.O.R. Maybe they wont charge me for everything.
oops. ya think a guild leader would transfer his guildbank (all mats and gold) himself, change name and not inform the rest of the guild?? would that happen? opening up another pandora's box ......
It would really be nice to be able to rename a guild... I inherited a guild with some funky Japanese name and would much prefer to rename it, then lose the whole thing and start over.
We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer. Upon a successful transfer they will automatically be part of the guild when they first log into the new realm. Their guild rank and guild reputation will be intact.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the guild relocation service in a way that will not disrupt the game play experience. Please note that this feature will require extensive internal testing, so you may see bits and pieces of the service appear on the public test realms. We'll announce further details at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com .

This sounds really interesting I am wandering if it will be a paid transfer like the character transfer?

03/25/2011 6:47 AMPosted by Ksparhawk
I think here is an idea for this service. I've done some thinking and have come to the conclusion that in order to port a Guild to a different server then there should be a certain percent or number of the members who would go with before Blizz ports the Guild also they should leave the guild on the server where it came under different leadership as well as copy it over to the new server. So there is the extra security that the Guild Master doesn't just up and move the guild without others being on board and yet keeps the ones who can't do the switch happy as they don't loose all they have worked for by becoming Guildless when the Guild moves.

The problem about copying a guild like that is people will be able to make a guild, get it to level 25, pack it with alts to take over after the transfer, and start selling of level 25 guilds left and right. and if it copys the guild bank items and gold... well lets just say that the wow economy is bad enough with the gold sellers.
If you look up the transfer said that "Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service."

So people who stay will be able to keep their guild status, but with a new name. I hope thats what that means lol.
i think that's a very good thing :)
to all that keep saying it takes "man hours" Wow is a set of SQL databases. If you have every run your own private wow server you'd know this. depending on the infrastructure Blizzard implemented for character assets it would be a simple hierarchical query off the username and then export to a dumb file. that dump file can then be imported into another servers SQL database. in the case of an entire guild their would be more hooks or tables, such as "member list" and all the members in the guild would be referenced. "guild bank tab1 - guildbanktab8 would be other tables a player wouldn't have. its a set of queries that have to be run to export your data then import to another DB. I'm not saying that it's not a valuable feature but it is definitely not a huge undertaking if the DB is setup properly. I am going to try to do it on my private server to see what it takes just for giggles and snits. I would love for Blizzard to make it a reasonable rate though since my guild left the server over a year ago and I cant afford 250$ to transfer my 10 toons over. If my current guild were to move with this feature it would cost about 250 members @$25= $6250 plus the guild transfer cost yet to be disclosed if it ever happens.
03/23/2011 9:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Will ALL items (Including GOLD, even if it's over the 50,000g limit) in the Guild Bank be transferred?
That will be a nice addition to the world of warcraft! Currently due to issues with Guild Members account being hacked, the Guild Ranks have been changed to make Guild Bank access only to those that have an authenticator, with the gifting of a core hound pup to those players with an iPad that will no longer be an option :-(

Please see if there is some other gift iPad users can be given so the authenticator is the ONLY item a player can get that has the core hound?