Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
03/23/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Pukka
Are you retarded. Listen to what I'm saying. I'm not asking for any kind of financial compensation. Are you purposefully trying to troll me?

No I'm telling you that Blizzard has NEVER in the past gone back and done things like this. I'm simply saying you transferred KNOWING you would lose your guild reputation, guild level, etc. As you were unaware of this upcoming service. If they hadn't announced this today, you would still be okay, but now that they have announced this, you want to undo the choice you made (that you were OKAY with at the time). So no I'm not trolling you, simply saying you can't change your mind and go back on something as something new came out (or something better, or something cheaper).

Well I could still use the service moving alts still left over there. It would be annoying and we'd still lose all our rep but we'd keep the levels and everything. Seems kind hokey and stupid if you ask me. I think Blizzard is a little more... adult about things and would be willing to help despite your negativity.
Please blizzard i beg of you allow it also to be faction transferable. It would solve lots of problems to lots of guilds and you could also make some extra money out of it.
I made a post about this a few weeks ago! Huzzah!
Thank You Blizzard for finally doing something right!!! Now my guild can transfer to a true raiding realm and leave behind the frustrations we currently go through constantly from a new player realm!!!

edit....you just kept several customers that were seriously considering finding a new game blizzard, thank you for finally listening!!!

Well I could still use the service moving alts still left over there. It would be annoying and we'd still lose all our rep but we'd keep the levels and everything. Seems kind hokey and stupid if you ask me. I think Blizzard is a little more... adult about things and would be willing to help despite your negativity.

I could give you hundreds of examples of situations that have changed since WoW launched where Blizzard wasn't "adult" like you say and willing to help. This isn't the first time they've changed something where people came and demanded for it to be made retroactive for them, and I'm sure it won't be the last either. So what you call "negativity" I call "reality."
Now if there is a mass guild xfer cost reduction....

25 (+ standby and non raiding members) * $25 is a lot of green, something like a packaged deal perhaps?

This.
Kind of defeats the purpose of relocating a guild if everyone is paying seperate xfer costs. As well, this leaves a WHOLE new realm of abuse; such as hackers moving a guild which is VERY damaging and VERY time consuming for guilds.

This.
Kind of defeats the purpose of relocating a guild if everyone is paying seperate xfer costs. As well, this leaves a WHOLE new realm of abuse; such as hackers moving a guild which is VERY damaging and VERY time consuming for guilds.

Honestly... what guild leader doesn't have an authenticator?
I thoroughly look forward to this service becoming available! I hope the guild name change won't cost real money... in game money is ok (even if it's a lot of gold) but in today's tight wallet world changing a guild's name at say... a $10 dollar cost may not be worth it to some players.
I think this has the potential to be great for players, but I feel like it’s opening up vulnerability for people who scam guilds for their banks and cash. We see it in the Customer Support Forum where people complain that they’ve been suspended for scamming when all they did was “take stuff from the guild bank,” when in reality they’ve violated the Scam Policy:
Guild Bank Theft
This category includes:
    Removing goods from a guild's bank with malicious intent

If a player is found to have perpetrated a guild bank theft, he/she may:
    • Be temporarily suspended from the game
    • Have any money or item gains removed

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20459

While Game Masters can intervene to reverse any damages done to the guild, the service somewhat blurs the lines of defining a guild bank theft. I’m sure your Policy teams have juggled around the idea and have something in the works, but I feel that it’s worth restating: If the service is abused, what recourse remains for the original guild? What will be considered malicious intent under the new service? What happens to the transferred guild on the new server?

I think the service is a good idea and will benefit a lot of players in the long-run. My concerns are how policy will adjust to protect players from having their hard-earned items and donations to the guild stripped away. What would happen to guild members who are inactive at the time of transfer; are they still notified? If their account is reactivated and transferred, how long do they have before their guild reputation no longer carries over?

I’m very curious to see the FAQ for the transfer service once it’s released. I know it’ll be a ways off still, but I can’t wait to see how Blizzard will address some of the issues. Can’t wait to see what they come up with.
Awesomeness.

Though I anticipate faction imbalances to only grow due to this feature.
In before Method/Vodka/Premo/Irae/IS all go Horde and wowprogress turns solid red. DPS racials are cool.
03/23/2011 12:04 PMPosted by Shakima
In before Method/Vodka/Premo/Irae/IS all go Horde and wowprogress turns solid red. DPS racials are cool.

You realize Worgen have the best DPS racials in the game for almost all the classes they can be, right?

Anyway, consider it payback for Vanilla.
$25 to purchase a guild xfer
$10 per guild member (at the time of guild purchase) to xfer with the guild.
it would be interesting to see blizz allow a complete server transfer for players.

I.E. if you have three lvl 85's on one server and want to move to another to play with some RL friends, you pay one fee to transfer all your toons (that meet a certain level, and you can select) to another server.
What happens to the guild members? Will they just not be in a guild anymore? All their guild rep gone? Or what?
Sounds great if it allows for guild faction transfers.
Interesting idea, but with most players I know of nowadays having many multiples of toons, I also see it as a pretty good money maker for Blizzard. Lets see, first institute a system in which its a PITA to switch guilds, then allow guild leaders to arbitrarily choose to change servers. 50 players * 5 toons, (average guess)*$25 = $6250 in Activisions pocket. Or would that be 4,500 Euro?

Am I too cynical?
03/23/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Monkeyslayr
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.

It's not price gouging if the service is optional and there are viable alternatives.