Uh, how do you leave a battleground?

General Discussion
I did Arathi Basin and we won, the score screen came up, I clicked leave BG several times and it didn't work. I closed the score screen, and now when I log in to my toon I spawn in Arathi Basin and I can't do anything, I can't hearth, queue for another BG, anything. It won't even let me quit the game without going through windows manager.

After 20 minutes I logged out and in and my toon reappeared back in the game world, but I want to know for future reference, if you close the endgame screen, how do you leave a battleground?
I think you can right click the PvP minimap icon. It's been a very long time since I last did a BG, so I'm not certain.
03/31/2011 03:05 AMPosted by Choonster
I think you can right click the PvP minimap icon. It's been a very long time since I last did a BG, so I'm not certain.

That is correct.

OP, sometimes it glitches and won't allow you leave until you log out for a couple of mins, at least its happen to me, many times, specifically in isle of conquest/strand of the ancients. Its been happening since pre-cata patch.
Click the faction icon on your minimap, the option to "Leave Battleground" will show up, click! (I had this exact same problem when I was first pvp-ing). However, the BG should kick you after two minutes.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!
/guitar solo
The issue was there was no pvp icon on the minimap, which is why I was confused about how to get out. I talked to a GM who said that it was a bug if there was no icon.
03/31/2011 03:20 AMPosted by Renetard
The issue was there was no pvp icon on the minimap, which is why I was confused about how to get out. I talked to a GM who said that it was a bug if there was no icon.
If this happens again, you can type /run LeaveBattlefield() in chat.
Thanks I figured there was a method to call but the GM didn't know, lol.
I had the same problem with non-existing minimap pvp icon and found the problem was that the icon was trying to appear exactly where an add-on (Gatherer) had placed its own icon. When I moved the Gatherer button, the pvp icon appeared when I queued up for BG.

The icon-site immediately to the left of the little frame showing the time has to be empty or the PvP icon wont show and you cant use its properties (displaying the scorebord and jumping out).