WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
Off-topic, Incubus (the terrible band) used to be great. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was a fantastic album.

On-topic: hooray for gendered warlock pets! Too bad I shelved my lock after 4.0 hit.

yeah cause obviously making a pet look different is more help than working on all the warlock problems.

/sarcasm

I don't know if we're playing the same class. Warlocks are in a pretty good place right now. There are mechanics we have that are underutilised, sure, but we're not suffering for it. At this point cosmetic issues probably are the most pressing problems the warlock class has, other than finding a niche for all our pets (fare well, dear succubus, as you're mothballed in 4.1).
I may now really start the troll warlock that I have been wanting now.
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Zarhym
nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)

This actually kind of intrigues me. What kind of models do you thing the class balance team would make for the new demons? Has anyone actually seen Ghostcrawler draw something?

/random
Sorry, this is just another case of someone wanting special treatment. I have nothing against homosexuality, more power to you, do what makes you happy. But don't insist upon something that a minority cares about when the time of developers is better spent elsewhere, I've never even in my 6 years of WoW heard someone complain about the gender of their demons based on their sexual preference. I'm sure it has happened, but I haven't seen it, and I've seen a lot. There are much more important things for the devs to be working on than taking the chest decorations off of succubi so you can watch a different part of your pet demons physique. I mean, have you even really thought about what you're asking? The DEMON you have fighting for you isn't the specific type of gender for you to enjoy the half-nakedness of? I mean, you don't hear me complaining about my topless felguard.

What gives away your self-important belief system is this phrase:

male dominated and, sadly, mainly hetero.

Regardless of how you may have meant that, it sounds blatantly like you think less of heterosexual people.

Think about it in the reverse, if I went on a forum and said 'sadly there are some homosexuals that play the game', you would probably have a hissy fit and report me. You're exploiting a double standard and utilizing reverse discrimination subtly, and it gives you away sir.
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

Hmm... first acknowledgement of the long-running Appearance Tab... now an answer to the equally-old request for an incubus! It's VERY long overdue, but nice to see you're finally getting with the idea of letting us have some customization.
While i don't much care for the gender of my warlock pets I would put forth another suggestion. Add another version of enslave demon that allows the warlock to capture custom skins like the hunter 'tame.' Just look at each demon, make it one of the types (voidwalker, succubus, felhunter, imp, felguard) whatever role you the developers believe the skin would suit, and allow us to have a little more variety (skinwise).

I would have the addendum of them reverting to normal forms for arena and possibly BGs as this might cause some issues with identifying the pet type.
if the male succubus is a male blood elf...

My felguard was really a big badass dude (scary looking!) who protected his skinny BE warlock boss. At 85, he's kinda wimpy with less health than this priest here. Can the girl felguard be a big Amazonian butch type lady please? Kinda like a female dwarf lady, except taller. Much taller. Maybe like Freya's avatar in Sholabasin. k, too tall - won't fit thru doorways.

This is why WoW is playable forever - neat little changes like this makes us all happy.

have her scream "Death by Snoo Snoo!!" when she charges and we have a winner
I haven't had a chance to read all the responses to this. It has me very exited from what I have looked over. I rolled a mage when I started this game, saw tier 6 and the succubus and deleted it. My warlocks been my main since. When I found out we could change our pets name I started doing that. I still miss zigbis though gobkin works for now, and was far better then pizrot. Any ways yay for the possibility for more customization.
Long question, but short answer:

In popular culture representations of this sort of creature, the female (succubus) tempts and seduces weak-willed mortals with her smokin' hot bod. The male (incubus) skips all the temptation business and simply forces himself upon unwilling mortals.

See the difference? One is a magically-induced embarrassment situation, and the other is a real-world crime. Bringing the first one into a game is silly and generally seen as harmless, the other strikes way, way too close to the bone for a fantasy game.

And yes, we kill people all the time in this game, which is also a real-world crime. Don't ask me why that's okay and this isn't, I'm not a sociology professor, despite my fetching monocle.

In supernatural in the episode with the siren, the monster tempted people as both sexes and could appear male or female.

In both cases magically seducing someone is still akin to *#*@, so there really isn't a problem between the demon being male or female, especially because the act isn't even depicted ingame in any way.

The only problem I suppose some might have is the male incubus casting seduce on a male character.

I just hope they don't make the incubus look like the incredible hulk on steroids. I mean he should have some definition, but he's a lover not a fighter.
04/14/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Solvin
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

Actual choice or is it going to default Succubus for a Male toon and Incubus for a female toon.

Actual choice, plz. I love my succi.
Female Felguards and imps with pink bows would rock! Any chance we can make the succubuss wear skimpier clothes. We also need to increase the frequency the succubuss spanks herself and will the male version grab his crotch?

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
This is awesome! My lock may actually use her succubus once we can choose the male version. :p

(Also... I'm certain not adverse to an update to the old player models as well... /puppy eyes)
sigh...

cosmetic change to some warlock pets is the last thing warlocks need done to them currently

It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)

Okay, okay. Male/female options for succy and imp I can see easily done. Maybe even float a feminine puppy. But doomguards and felguards are too ugly and muscle-bound for me to imagine a female version.

And the ultimate headscratcher... How do you make voidwalkers/Infernals male/female beyond changing the voices? Change the colors or something?
Detraxi. From one gay man to another. I love you.

The only problem I suppose some might have is the male incubus casting seduce on a male character.

Was this not an issue already with the succubus using seduce on a female character?
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym

Srory if tihs deson't mkae snese, I had to jsut pcik up my jaw wtih my hnad wilhe tpynig wtih the oehtr.