Marksman PVE Guide (4.1)

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 4 20 Next
Excellent guide - should definitely be stickied - thank you for all the work this took you.
04/11/2011 08:47 PMPosted by Jasunter
Excellent guide - should definitely be stickied - thank you for all the work this took you.

Thanks. Glad to help out.
This guide has definitely helped me go from crappy hunter alt to awesome hunter alt. Still working on getting to 85 (but leveling through wrath is painfull slow /wrists).

Are you planning on a Survival PVE guide? I am interested in making it my 2nd spec for certain fights, but am not 100% sure on rotation/priority, etc.
This guide has definitely helped me go from crappy hunter alt to awesome hunter alt. Still working on getting to 85 (but leveling through wrath is painfull slow /wrists).

Are you planning on a Survival PVE guide? I am interested in making it my 2nd spec for certain fights, but am not 100% sure on rotation/priority, etc.

I would really like to write a Survival Guide. However there wouldnt be a whole lot of difference between this guide and SV. Different spec, different rotation, slightly different reforging and stat priority.

It is still something that I would like to do. Hoping this one gets stickied first.
/Sticky
Perfect guide. If only someone could do a BM guide cos I am BM for life! But this guide will definitely make me want to have MM as my OS. Thanks again!
04/12/2011 07:20 AMPosted by Mendia
Perfect guide. If only someone could do a BM guide cos I am BM for life! But this guide will definitely make me want to have MM as my OS. Thanks again!

I suggest you take a look at the BM thread on EJ then. It's much less cluttered than the MM thread is.

Both of the BM and SV guides on EJ are very nice and easy to follow/read. BM and SV just dont have the complexity of MM right now with all the Haste values.
Great guide you have sir.
But i notice you have an error on enchantments... the back enchantments you have a bracer enchant there.
(i am having trouble replaying, so if another one like this pops up with quotes.. sorry :( )
Great guide. I am leveling as MM and love it. I look forward to endgame as MM and this is the information that i need!

/like
/request sticky

Good job
I really like how its organized too... easy to jump to what i want to read.
bump
i'm curious as to a stat weight priority issue i've heard about, nearly equally, from tons of hunters - however, most of them aren't really able to tell me where THEY got it from.

the issue is:
crit + haste plateaus with hardcast aimed shot as a priority over arcane shot
vs.
Mastery + haste with arcane shot as a priority over hardcast aimed shot

#1 focusing on big hits, while #2 focuses on the haste+mastery synergy to make as many shots as possible to maximize the mastery effect.

what i've gathered from keeping my ears open around other hunters is that they're roughly similar and based on playstyle. Now, i freely admit that the other hunters might be full of $#@% and not know what they're talking about. I notice you've pushed the crit > mastery, but also arcane shot > hardcast aimed shot...is this just playstyle or will this always give consistently more dps?

OP, could you comment on this? are they pretty close or is what you propose in your guide just flat out better than either of these?

PS. Fantastic guide!