Cloak & Dagger Compendium: Rogue Omnibus 4.3

Rogue
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
04/17/2011 07:52 PMPosted by Rfeann
Oh. Oh! I knew about the CP aspect of that; I didn't realize that any buff you might have at the time you apply the first one would also impact the game's logic when it decides whether to "let" you overwrite the DoT. So in theory if I'm under the effects of Heroism when I apply a 1-CP Rupture, I would be unable to overwrite it with a 5-CP Rupture?

Actually Bloodlust (Heroism... lamesauce =P) is just an attack speed buff, so you'd be fine there. What you need to concern yourself with is any AP or otherwise damage boosting buffs you may gain/lose while attempting to rupture.

Edit for posterity: I was wrong here, Bloodlust bumps up haste so energy regen is yes. All kinds of surprised no one caught onto my err. Ah well, I point and laugh at myself, on the behalf of all y'all, as my quaint southern neighbours would say.

Regardless, I agree. If they're going to allow inferior partywide/raidwide buffs to overwrite superior ones -- e.g., a level 16 priest's Power Word: Fortitude overwriting a level 19 priest's (unless... wait... did they revert that change?) -- based on the logic that "people should know better," then they should allow overwriting of superior DoTs with inferior ones based on the same reasoning.

No idea if they reverted on that or not, regardless, I couldn't agree with you more.
Voted sticky!

Oh, yes, sorry -- forgot what HEROISM FTW actually did. (Redface.) Thanks for going with the spirit of my question, though.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind y'all, as Caera noted earlier, that in addition to voting sticky on this thread, it's also a real help to click the "Like" button for each of the guide's posts as well. The moderators make things stickies at their own discretion, of course, but they take both sticky votes *and* likes into account in their decision. So like away!
Oh, yes, sorry -- forgot what HEROISM FTW actually did. (Redface.) Thanks for going with the spirit of my question, though.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind y'all, as Caera noted earlier, that in addition to voting sticky on this thread, it's also a real help to click the "Like" button for each of the guide's posts as well. The moderators make things stickies at their own discretion, of course, but they take both sticky votes *and* likes into account in their decision. So like away!

No problem at all. Also, thanks for the plug. since I've now used my 'one'. Oh wait, I quoted yours. Cheatin' like a rogue.
Maybe/not worth adding to Chapter the Ninth: A mention of how kickin' Herbalism is as a gathering profession compared to the others? I realize min/maxers will go for two crafting professions regardless, but for those who prefer a more... pragmatic... approach to their profession selection, you arguably can't beat the Alchy/Herby synergy.

And *no*, I am most certainly *not* just looking for reasons to post in this thread so it stays on the front page. I am offended that you would even think of suggesting such a thing. Assuming that you did. Which you did not. But you could have.
Voted for a sticky. I'm going to be rolling a rogue either tonight or tomorrow and this is exactly the sort of thing that I came on here looking for. You're awesome. Much love. <3
Maybe/not worth adding to Chapter the Ninth: A mention of how kickin' Herbalism is as a gathering profession compared to the others? I realize min/maxers will go for two crafting professions regardless, but for those who prefer a more... pragmatic... approach to their profession selection, you arguably can't beat the Alchy/Herby synergy.

And *no*, I am most certainly *not* just looking for reasons to post in this thread so it stays on the front page. I am offended that you would even think of suggesting such a thing. Assuming that you did. Which you did not. But you could have.

How very astute of you. That's actually one of the sections I'm least happy with in it's current iteration and look to be expanding upon in the near(ish) future times.

Voted for a sticky. I'm going to be rolling a rogue either tonight or tomorrow and this is exactly the sort of thing that I came on here looking for. You're awesome. Much love. <3

Glad to know this was helpful to you. Enjoy your rogue! There's also a wonderful leveling sticky up top that can fill in a lot of the blanks on, "What should I do until I get talent X," or, "What works best at level Y," Since I've mainly addressed level 85 concerns here.

In other fun (and exciting (OK exciting to me (bracket in a bracket in a bracket, oh my!))) news I have made a clarification in the Sub DPS Boost section to more clearly show to use Shadow Step timed with each Shadow Dance/Vanish, unless you are required to use it for mobility reasons.
Oh my god.

/Bookmarked.
Very nice Caera!

STICKY Please!
Love the chapter names..

Start a blog, imo. I love keeping up with your writings/comments. Always a treat to read.

/stickyrequest
I think this is the first time I've seen Caera's helm on...
It looks like C just got it! Go on with your bad self, you epic belf you.
Incidentally, now that you are, at last, the writer of a shall-become-seminal guide on being a better rogue, I'd like to welcome you to your new reality, in which an ever-growing number of posts you respond to are from people who tell you they've read the guide thoroughly, and who then proceed to ask you a question that is answered within the guide. :)
As a returning rogue, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for this wonderful compilation of great information.

Well done!
04/21/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Rfeann
Incidentally, now that you are, at last, the writer of a shall-become-seminal guide on being a better rogue, I'd like to welcome you to your new reality, in which an ever-growing number of posts you respond to are from people who tell you they've read the guide thoroughly, and who then proceed to ask you a question that is answered within the guide. :)

Heh, I'm still getting used to the whole "guide writer" bit as it is, "sometimes I'm afraid I'll go berserk, throw the Country A-K rack out into the street and go work at a Virgin megastore and never come back." Let's all enjoy that ride into madness together.

As a returning rogue, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for this wonderful compilation of great information.

Well done!

Thanks kindly, glad to have been a help!

04/21/2011 01:48 PMPosted by Sauceboss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAiCRuK98ig

I endorse your contribution to this thread.
Her helm is gone already.... :) (bump)
Crap, Caera, if you're out there atm: Shadowcraft is all farty and I have a Mac so downloading and using the reforger tool is... a little beyond my brain capabilities at the moment. I hate asking this, but is there any way you could run me through? I didn't realize Shadowcraft was all wonky until *after* I reforged everything into stupidland at its behest. And now I'm all discombobulated, and too lazy to start doing the math myself. :)
That's dreadful, here you go,

===============
Suggested reforge options (only those that you need to change):
hst -> hit (Neck) Don Rodrigo's Fabulous Necklace
hst -> mst (Wrist) Poison Fang Bracers
hit -> mst (Trinket) Key to the Endless Chamber
cri -> mst (MH) Dagger of Restless Nights
===============
Resulting stats:
hit: 1314
mst: 1832
hst: 959