Hunter Macro Guide

Hunter
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
Ok. Updated a couple of macros, added a new version of trap launcher macro people can use if they wish.

A lot of the things in the guide are now redundant and I may or may not make a new one in MoP.
that was soo many macros my head hurt.
Hi guys,!
After this new patch i am having some troubles with my macros,
mainly the aspect of the fox/steady shot.

Looks like Aspect of the fox spell interrupts the Steady shot, i used to press the button a lot of times, and now keeps interrupting.

Do you guys have a new macro-code ? i appreciate any news about this!

And i was thinking about to use macros about this new spells:

Dire beast and a murder of crows, but with witch spell would be good ?

Looks like the dire beast would be useful in rush time, because it regen a lot of focus..
Hi guys,!
After this new patch i am having some troubles with my macros,
mainly the aspect of the fox/steady shot.

Looks like Aspect of the fox spell interrupts the Steady shot, i used to press the button a lot of times, and now keeps interrupting.

Do you guys have a new macro-code ? i appreciate any news about this!

And i was thinking about to use macros about this new spells:

Dire beast and a murder of crows, but with witch spell would be good ?

Looks like the dire beast would be useful in rush time, because it regen a lot of focus..

/sadface

If you have missed weeks of lamenting about the ill thought out decision to include aspects on GCD, I even added that bit of info to the guide... No, there is no way of doing it atm. GC promised to take the aspects off GCD before MoP is released and then we can macro them again as before.

The new hunter abilities are all on GCD so have to be used separately or through a [mod] command in a macro, meaning you still have to choose to use it, not just have it macroed to go off automatically.
Can anyone post a macro just for aspect switching for the new patch. Or does the GCD causing it now not to work?
i have 384 ilvl and i can only do 22k on major bosses can someone give me tips pls
A tiny notation, for pvp purposes, for the macro for raptor strike, I do also put in disengage with it as well.
I used to have it do
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Disengage

but since recent changes I myself have stuck to, /cast Concussive shot
/cast Disengage
Some very handy macros though ^.^! /upvotes the op
Thanks for this guide!
08/29/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Strlder
If you have missed weeks of lamenting about the ill thought out decision to include aspects on GCD, I even added that bit of info to the guide... No, there is no way of doing it atm. GC promised to take the aspects off GCD before MoP is released and then we can macro them again as before.

Andddddddd......Aspects are back to being off the GCD. Celebrate by casting Wyvern Sting at your favorite rogue.
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but with 5.0, it seems that Misdirection has been removed from the GCD. You can now macro it to your abilities, which is amazing for soloing old content!!

Here's a macro I have for Chimera Shot:

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
/cast [target=focus, help] Misdirection; [help] Misdirection; [target=pet, exists] Misdirection
/cast Chimera Shot
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This ability will cast Misdirection to your focus target, if one exists, your target, if one exists, or fall back on your pet if neither of those conditions are true. It will then shoot Chimera Shot. This macro can be used for any ability. Just replace "Chimera Shot" with the other shot or ability.
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but with 5.0, it seems that Misdirection has been removed from the GCD. You can now macro it to your abilities, which is amazing for soloing old content!!

Here's a macro I have for Chimera Shot:

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
/cast [target=focus, help] Misdirection; [help] Misdirection; [target=pet, exists] Misdirection
/cast Chimera Shot
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This ability will cast Misdirection to your focus target, if one exists, your target, if one exists, or fall back on your pet if neither of those conditions are true. It will then shoot Chimera Shot. This macro can be used for any ability. Just replace "Chimera Shot" with the other shot or ability.

If that is the case that is pretty awesome especially with the mop leveling coming up.
Ill check it out and add it.
So.... Are the Aspects on or off GCD? Because I've been looking at the macros that have Arcshot and an aspect at the same time, and wondering if they work.

I'm currently using /castsequence to swap aspect. Usually have to mash the button twice once I boot the game, but after that I can swap between the 2 of them relatively reliably.
So.... Are the Aspects on or off GCD? Because I've been looking at the macros that have Arcshot and an aspect at the same time, and wondering if they work.

I'm currently using /castsequence to swap aspect. Usually have to mash the button twice once I boot the game, but after that I can swap between the 2 of them relatively reliably.

Yes they do work even though even with the 1 sec delay it seems to spam it constantly.
Where or how can we macro in lynx rush, dire beast, crows, glaive toss etc into shots or we cant ?
Hey all, I put this question in it's own thread before realizing there was already a macros thread:

Just returning to the game, and I had a question about a macro. I'm trying to make a do-it-all self-heals macro. Here's what I've got:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@player,combat] reset=5 Spirit Mend, Exhilaration, Potion
/castsequence [@player,nocombat] reset=5 Spirit Mend, Exhilaration, Embersilk Bandage, Potion

So you can kinda see there what I'm going for--a situational cast sequence that goes straight through all the options I have of healing myself. What I'm finding is that Spirit Mend specifically is throwing all of this off.

Wherever Spirit Mend is placed in the sequence, it will get to that spell and then stop; it won't move to the next spell in the sequence. Take Spirit Mend out or put it at the very end, and things work great.

Can anyone tell me why this is? Possibly because it's technically a pet ability, but why would that matter? Any help is appreciated.

-Chad
Hey all, I put this question in it's own thread before realizing there was already a macros thread:

Just returning to the game, and I had a question about a macro. I'm trying to make a do-it-all self-heals macro. Here's what I've got:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@player,combat] reset=5 Spirit Mend, Exhilaration, Potion
/castsequence [@player,nocombat] reset=5 Spirit Mend, Exhilaration, Embersilk Bandage, Potion

So you can kinda see there what I'm going for--a situational cast sequence that goes straight through all the options I have of healing myself. What I'm finding is that Spirit Mend specifically is throwing all of this off.

Wherever Spirit Mend is placed in the sequence, it will get to that spell and then stop; it won't move to the next spell in the sequence. Take Spirit Mend out or put it at the very end, and things work great.

Can anyone tell me why this is? Possibly because it's technically a pet ability, but why would that matter? Any help is appreciated.

-Chad

It's probably because spirit mend requires an actual target to activate (which is stupid but meh) So if you just have /use spirit mend it will tell you to please select a target so you need something like /use [@player] to make it work from memory.
I have used the following macro for years to help control my pets. Mainly to get it to return to me, and keep from or stop it attack something I don't want it to. With it I did not have to put it on passive. At the same time it was still able to assist and defend me:

Pet return
#showtooltip
/petstay
/petfollow

Since MoP went live, it still works to get my pet to return to me, it acts like it is on passive, even though it is still on assist. I have to order it to attack to return it to normal.

Can someone help me fix this issue?

Also I have a Quilen, and need help in writing a macro to use Eternal Guardian on my focus target. I keep the main tank on focus for my misdirect macro, and it would be nice to be able to resurrect him if need be.
if I macro rapid fire with a on use trinket, then the icon shows only the cooldown of one of them, is there a way to make it show the cooldown of whatever has a shorter cooldown? say the trinket ias 1.5 min cooldown then it will show the cooldown of the trinket, and when trinket is up it will show the cooldown of rapid fire, is this possible?
is there any way to make a macro that whenever i enter combat, mend pet casts and then continuasly casts after that
or whenever i cast kill command mend pet also casts

i have never made a marco before sorry so can u please be descriptive
is there any way to make a macro that whenever i enter combat, mend pet casts and then continuasly casts after that
or whenever i cast kill command mend pet also casts

i have never made a marco before sorry so can u please be descriptive

man I'm sorry but that is the ugliest helmet I've ever seen, I thought your face is melting or something