How can i send Battle.net account bound items

Customer Support
Post Limit:
Everytime I try, it says i can only send it to my characters, or it can't find the recipients. Is there a way to go about it that I don't know?
If you are trying to send BoA gear to a character on a different server, that won't work. Even though it's "Account Bound" you can't send mail from one server to another. If you already knew that, then I dunno what else, lol.
They're now "Battle.net" bound items, and Blizzard has stated that they can in fact be traded across realms. My guess is that the system is bugged (note the rolling restarts), or is not fully functional yet.
Blizz stated that realm mailing on your B-net account was still something in the works. The Battle.net account binding is for people who have multiple WoW accounts tied to their B-net account. I'm in such a boat, but it's still giving me the same error when I try to send my heirlooms to chars on other WoW accounts. Hopefully the rolling restarts will fix this.
Perhaps they should have labeled them BoS instead of BoA since they can only be traded to the same server. Makes no sense.
There are multiple issues in this thread with the same outcome, so to avoid confusion:

1) People are having issues sending/trading B.net BoA gear from a character on WoW acct #1 to another character on WoW acct #2 where both characters are on the same realm and faction.

2) In the same situation, but where character #2 is on the opposite faction, same problem.

3) Same situation as 1, but both characters exist on separate realms, same outcome (error and can't mail/trade).

Are any of these scenarios working for anyone currently?
I just tried to trade account bound items between 2 toons on the same realm. Each is on a WoW account on the same Battlenet account. It's not working and I am very disappointed. It was the one feature I was looking forward to in this update.
i can confirm this , i cannot send to my other accounts either , i have 3 wow accounts under 1 battlenet account also. :((

come on blizz , restart wow plllzzzzzz
There is no realm transfer option. All toons must reside on the same server.
irc://chat.freenode.net/wowtech
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=wowtech
There is no realm transfer option. All toons must reside on the same server.

^^This, and the feature doesn't appear to be functioning properly at the moment.

It is being looked into.
yup , not talking about servers , im talking about accounts , and they are all on the same realm , just different accounts , all of them i log into with the same email address (BATTLE.NET).

:D
thanks Orlyia :))
So I'm a little confused, if this feature were to work right, I would be able to send my heirlooms to toons of the same server, on a separate account that is bound to the same battle.net from which im sending them, but I would not be able to send them on the same account to a different realm? I dont understand why blizzard would allow you to send them to toons on a diff account but not to toons on the same account, that seems silly.
04/27/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Adelynne
I dont understand why blizzard would allow you to send them to toons on a diff account but not to toons on the same account

It's not that Blizzard is saying "Okay, we'll allow this, but we won't allow that." The problem is that the mail system, which is how these items are moved, can not yet accommodate cross-realm functionality.
I find it frusterating that the fact Hierloom and other account bound items cant be sent to other realms was Omitted. they didnt say it would be possible, but surely they would have expected that was how people would translate it. Not clarifying has generated unnessary confusion.
04/26/2011 03:16 PMPosted by Boogerz
Perhaps they should have labeled them BoS instead of BoA since they can only be traded to the same server. Makes no sense.

They are labeled BoA because the long term plan is to have them be trade-able across realms. Blizzard has state in quite a few interviews and Q&As that its difficult for them to make cross realm mailing work easily, the mail system was just never designed with that in mind.

04/27/2011 02:25 AMPosted by Kemikalrx
I find it frusterating that the fact Hierloom and other account bound items cant be sent to other realms was Omitted. they didnt say it would be possible, but surely they would have expected that was how people would translate it. Not clarifying has generated unnessary confusion.

From the Patch Notes:

Account Bound Items
Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.

Patch notes are about changes they made to the game, and the changes are very clearly outlined. Before the patch you couldn't mail BoA across realms, that didn't change, so there is no patch note. Why would they make a patch note saying they didn't change something? Patch notes are long enough without them saying what features haven't changed since the last patch.
aww, i though there was going to be a cross server option, huge disappointment.
in the future they should consider making a realm selection list within the mailing system so that people with characters of the same name on multiple servers can choose where to send them.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208982

I posted that I am able to send from one account to another but I can't send items back. The account that I CAN send them from was my first and original wow account... Also the account that I CAN NOT send items from I just reactivated today. Was hoping this would offer clues to part of the problem.
04/27/2011 03:12 AMPosted by Maximusrex
Why would they make a patch note saying they didn't change something? Patch notes are long enough without them saying what features haven't changed since the last patch.

This makes sense,
Yeah, doesn't work for me either. And the instant mail doesn't work either... oh well...