Procedure to get unbanned?

Customer Support
What is the procedure, hopefully quickly, to get an account going again.

I was banned on one account 2 hours ago, the same account I've been putting in tickets and emailing wowgm from about all the level 5-6 bots in Hyjal, from at least a dozen servers. I swear they flagged mine instead of the other person.

I've had no actions against it, I was even sitting up at the Hyjal lava fishing with a level 82 (?) character watching for more.

I did a reply on the email after I dug up the email account info--it's only used for the bnet account.

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

This makes me think they did me instead of the character(s) I've been reporting. I only send gold between my own two accounts, and haven't even done that in a while. The last time was a couple of weeks ago when I was starting up a new character--sent gold and bags.

Thanks.

Hopefully this can happen quick, I was hoping to get a few runs through MC to try and complete old sets today.
Email wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com
Ok thanks, that's the one it went to then when I hit reply. It's frustrating because that's the account I usually play on and follow on this one, or let it do daily quests...this time I was on this account about to start a saturday fishing tournament and on my main fishing and watching for low levels again on the other. (Yay hunter human tracking.)
This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

This makes me think they did me instead of the character(s) I've been reporting. I only send gold between my own two accounts, and haven't even done that in a while. The last time was a couple of weeks ago when I was starting up a new character--sent gold and bags.

The reason you were suspended or banned is not given for botters. This reason is normally given for all players involved in a gold-selling scheme, from the buyer and seller, to everyone that the gold goes through.

This means if you bought something from a gold seller, or maybe the person who bought gold used that gold to buy something from you. These investigations take a while, and are not likely related to your bot-reporting activity.

E-mail wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com, and contest the ban. Normal players usually do not know that they participated in this, and will get the ban removed.
Good thoughts, thanks, I planted my garden and checked out my email account and I'm back.

Phew, now if I only knew what flagged me (besides a possible wrongly banning the reportee insstead of the reporter....lol).

I only do AH, I don't do trading, and I have 2-3 (old q2ctf friend, daughter's BF, and my son) guys over 3 servers I send stuff to to play AH for me....because I hate playing AH when I don't have to. Hopefully it was just flagged when one sent gold back, and hopefully they didn't get hit too, I'll have to ask.

Thanks to Game Master Nicyean for reading the working off of my email:

If the previously issued action resulted in the closure of this account, the account has been reopened and access restored. Should any action be required in order to regain access to this account, an additional email will be sent from an @blizzard.com or @battle.net email address with further instructions. If no additional correspondence is received, you should be able to access this account using the password that was valid before the account closure.

GL. Back to watching the level 5's in Hyjal....heh.
04/23/2011 05:41 PMPosted by Siqua
only do AH, I don't do trading, and I have 2-3 (old q2ctf friend, daughter's BF, and my son) guys over 3 servers I send stuff to to play AH for me....because I hate playing AH when I don't have to. Hopefully it was just flagged when one sent gold back, and hopefully they didn't get hit too, I'll have to ask.

There's really no one action that flags an account, unless it was caught in the crossfire of a gold selling investigation. I would surmise that with all the selling your friends do for you, someone used stolen gold to buy something, and then it got sent to you.

There's not really much that we can help you with there, unfortunately.

04/23/2011 05:41 PMPosted by Siqua
the account has been reopened and access restored.

Glad to hear it! Safe travels!
GL. Back to watching the level 5's in Hyjal....heh.

That may be a bad idea. If it's the low levels I am thinking of, they are someplace underground, and if you were caught too close to them, it may have looked like you were in an area you shouldn't be able to get to.

I'd avoid fishing there to be honest.