portals in shattrath/dalaran?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

i had this problem when i came back to the game. my characters where in dalaran and my hearth was set to dalaran so i had to find my way to the boat and float back to stormwind.
If you don't like them, then don't use them. I, for one, am happy that at least some of the portals are back. Leveling my wife through Wrath has been more annoying and time consuming without them.

Thanks, Bliz. :)
I can't believe no one came up with the conclusion that Blizzard screwed themselves over when they decided to give us no new race capitals for Goblin and Worgen, and no new neutral city. You really hate players returning to Shattrath and Dalaran that bad? They wouldn't have to if you would have been smart and gave us what we always got, a new expansion city where everyone can sit, hearth, and spam right-click its network of portals. But instead you rob us of a new city, and have the balls to take away the portals from the Wotlk city that we're still stuck with?

Nyah hah hah! /twistmustache And you'll never be able to untie her before the train arrives!

*cue dramatic old-timey piano music*

Unhand her, Dan Backslide!

(EDIT: Wrong name. Sorry, case of mistaken identity.)
04/27/2011 12:57 AMPosted by Dokilar
i'd just like to know if this was a mistake or something they intended to do. they were active the other day when the ptr came back up momentarily i just didnt know if it was intentional or a mistake

Because people who, like I was in early Cata, were trying to level alts through OL and NR were sick of having to hit up a mage buddy for a ride back to town.
This IS a question ever sence cata came out so i do not think they will change it.
Dear Blizz,

In Org/SW, please place one portal leading to Shatt, one portal leading to Dalaran.

QQ over.
We had a number of instances where people were coming back to the game after not playing for a long period, in some cases years, and having a really difficult time finding their way to where they should be.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals now exist in Dalaran and Shattrath to help them get to the relevant cities in Cataclysm; one for each faction, and only those two portals exist to facilitate that intent.

I would like to see a portal put in to get to Shat. I like getting the achievements and it would make it so much easier to get to outlands with that portal instead of having to go all the way to the black portal from Org. But then again I know some people will be like, just put your hearth stone there and grab one of the cloaks to get back to org, but the problem with that is I often go to org and so therefore a 4 hr or 2 hr cd on the cloaks is unreasonable amount of time when my HS is only a 15 min CD, or maybe putting a cloak in the game to get to shat with a 1 hr cd or something like that. I try my best to get all my dailies done every day and do dungeons. After completing my dailies I work on those achievements however I dont have all day every day to work on these and would like the little bit of extra time instead of spending forever to get there via zepps, boats, flying or other such transportation devices
Portals to each of the capital cities have returned to Dalaran and Shattrath City.

"Cool!"

*goes to look, sees only Orgrimmar's portal, presumes Stormwind's is back too*

*looks at the patch notes again*

"Each of the capital cities... cities... plural..."

*looks harder at the notes... prepares a snarky response to Blizzard... then suddenly -- lightbulb*

"Oh darn you, Blizzard! Try to be more pacific nes' time!"

Also, thank you very much for reopening at least one of them per city (and per faction, so there's actually four! Hah! Cities...).

Exploring, asking for help in game is hard.
Thumbs up Blizz, it was always a chore going back and forth Shatt and Dal since Cata hit. I'm glad the portals are back.

Less inconvenience is always good!
yay for portals :)