portals in shattrath/dalaran?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Meh I didn't like Shatt or Dal. Also I don't want to be around any stinky horde anyways. Portals or not I will not step foot back in Dal or Shat
why are you all up in arms about this change. This is a middle ground change that was needed. This only benefits new levelers/alts. This does nothing for your level 85. You'll still want to camp out at sw/org. Its the reason why theres only portals to those 2 cities. I dont even see a reason why you would set your hearth back to dalaran, unless your pc is really terrible and dont like packed areas, but heres a little spoiler for you, did you know theres more then 1 inn/ah/bank in those 2 cities??? Food for thought.

Bank alts/mules wont even bother with dalaran unless they enjoy the extra running. The ah is too far a run without a flying mount from the bank. Sw/org houses the portals that actually matter to an 85 as it has the portals to all the questing/dailies hubs.

Again this change doesnt affect you, why do you people insist complaining about such a non trivial change that wont even affect your gameplay. Its stupid.

Way to generalise with "you all" . Not everyone is unhappy, they'll always be "someone" unhappy and "someone else" happy.

As for Blizz, THANK YOU, one change I can agree with. yes i get that you want ppl to hang around in the new zone, but you DONT have to kill off the old zones ENTIRELY just because a new expac is out.
Poor blizzard gets so much crap for every thing.

I want to apart of blizzards QA team, too bad I don't live in Anaheim though. :(
A theatrical presentation of the Portal Issue:

Blizzard "No more portals for you!"

Players "But I kant git mahsulf bek ta Stomerwund liek evurbuddy ulse! I needz poartulz"

Mages "LOL gimme 1000g and I'll portal you to Theramore, noob"

Players "I dun undirsteand."

**5 Months Later**

Blizzard "Sorry we we kinda pulled a d-bag move back there; Here's a portal back."

Players "Now whai yoo gotta be doin' that! Stoopid Blizz dumbin' the game downn fer kashualz!"

Mages "Alms for the poor!"

Players "Frost is still OP"

Blizzard "Why do I listen to these people?"

LOL
They put them back in, For Science!

I think Glados had something to do with this....
I think it has to do with the release of Portal 2.
Blizz didn't wanna feel left out.
Um, excuse me blizz...can we have the other portals back too, please, while Orgrimarr is nice, I miss Undercity & Thundebluff & when I'm in Dal, I occasionally like to visit Shat, so put that one back also?
All of my Dal rings on my characters are worth something again!

Thanks, Blizz!

You a geneous.

Sorry if I came off rude Bashiok, removing the portals was a bad decision, the reasoning behind it was flawed, if only because the portals to all the new content were in org. I'd rather not sit through the extra loading screen.

This I agree with. It's odd that portals "make life too convenient" so needed to be removed...yet we get portals to everywhere in Org/SW.

Which is annoying because I like being in other cities and right now seem to be "forced" to be in Org for movement options (and, particularly, to get to TB. WTB connecting FP from/to Eastern Kingdoms to/from Tol Barad.)

Honestly, though, it's not difficult to travel around. If anything, I think there are too MANY portals. Sholazzar to Un Goro, Dal to Caverns of Time, Org to Dark Portal to Org (on the other side), ANY capital to Dark Portal to Org, Zeppelins making a big triangle between Kalimdor and EK, also two sides to Northrend, Portals (in Org) to Hyjal, Uldum, and Twilight Highlands (basically to the three OTHER corners of the world that the Zeps don't already reach, with TWO ways to southern EK if you count the Zep AND the portal to Blasted Lands.)

...and FPs everywhere else if you feel lazy and don't wanna hop on your flying mount.

All in all, traveling is easy. I HATE that I have to go to Org to get to Deepholme and (really) to Vash, though I CAN fly there from EK if I'm not too stupid about the fatigue (or use a FP.)

But yeah, the moment they put in portals to all the Cata zones from Org was the moment I started boggling at why they removed them from Dal and Shat. -shrug-

...but maybe I'm just jealous cause I'd rather them have portals in Silvermoon. :) How come my favorite cities always get ignored? -sigh-

But hey, 15 min Hearths ain't too shabby. ^_^
I guess some people cba to fly back to the Dark Portal and take their respective portals there while in Outlands...

Although with Dalaran, I can see a reason for portals there - with the exception of the Cavern of Time and Wintergrasp ones.

You ever try doing Crocolisks in the City because it just does not want to give you that last pet? Lemme clue you in...

1). Start in Orgrimmar because your Hearth is there because it must be.
2). Go to the Valley of Spirits, jump in the portal, go through the Dark Portal.
3). Fly clear from the Dark Portal to Barlo (who is near Shatt)
4). Get Quest.
5). Either Fly back to the Dark Portal, or use your Hearthstone.
6). Catch the Baby Crocolisk.
7). Jump in the portal that goes to the Dark Portal, use the Dark Portal again.
8). Fly clear to Barlo.
9). Turn in Quest, probably NOT get the pet you needed anyways.
10). Fly back to Orgrimmar if you used your hearth stone, or use your hearth stone if you didn't earlier.

The whole process takes 30 minutes+, at least 75% of that is in-flight time.

With the addition to an Org portal in Shatt, this will cut the time in half and remove the need to use the hearth stone. Much welcome change to anyone doing anything in Shatt and Dalaran, like old reps, achievements, what-not.
Dalaran is so 2 patches ago lol
I bet these cities will still be ghost towns.

Not always. I still go there to level fishing via dailies. As a mage, I have my Hearth set to Argent Tourney because I can be in any city. I love my ability to get around. On my poor, non-mage toons, I'm kinda glad the portals are back.

Yes, I was making good gratuity granting ports from Dalaran and I will certainly miss that. It seems like every time they add something to the game that depends on a specific character ability or a specific profession, like the portals being removed, enough people complain and it gets changed again. Sometimes it's nice to actually have a niche.

And I do still see 85's in Shatt and Dalaran, sometimes more than characters appropriate to that level of city. People do still run to Northrend for rep at Argent Tournament and Outland for achieves. Just because Blizzard isn't actively encouraging us to do older content, doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't still go there occasionally...

P.S. Community- Please stop all the mage-hating. We don't all work for Blizzard and they don't listen to us any better than any other class. Signed- lots of mages. :D
P.S. Community- Please stop all the mage-hating. We don't all work for Blizzard and they don't listen to us any better than any other class. Signed- lots of mages. :D

I'll stop hating mages when mages stop charging ridiculous amounts of gold for their portals.

The stupid stones only cost 50s. I see no need to charge 10g or more to do 10 seconds of work.

But thankfully, these new portals in Shatt/Dalaran can allow me to say "screw you, mages!" a lot easier. I ain't paying those prices, portals or no portals. But the portals are most certainly welcomed, even if it is only SW/Org. Heck, we never need the other Capital Cities anyways and there are ways to get them if one needs.
Lol, love it.

I never cared one way or the other about the portals, but here is a clear situation where Blizzard listened to its players, and changed its mind accordingly, even at the expense of having to say they were wrong. Yet, we still have people @!@%@ing at them for it.

"Way to cave"?

Whatever, seriously. How could this possibly affect your gameplay? In fact, it may lessen some of the annoyance, because I know of many people who will likely hearth in Dalaran or Shatt now, including myself (ie, less crowding in SW/Org). I was one of the few who really liked Shatt, and I've missed being there. How could populating these cities once again be a bad thing? New players can see that even old content gets use, and that this game has life.

Today is the day Orgrimmar died QQ

T_T

I doubt that will be a problem. It will still be slightly more convenient to hearth in SW/Org, especially if you don't have to worry about lag in those cities. Most people will choose the convenience, I'm sure.
04/27/2011 05:02 AMPosted by Migina

I'll stop hating mages when mages stop charging ridiculous amounts of gold for their portals.

The stupid stones only cost 50s. I see no need to charge 10g or more to do 10 seconds of work.

But thankfully, these new portals in Shatt/Dalaran can allow me to say "screw you, mages!" a lot easier. I ain't paying those prices, portals or no portals. But the portals are most certainly welcomed, even if it is only SW/Org. Heck, we never need the other Capital Cities anyways and there are ways to get them if one needs.

It's all good. No need to flame the universe.
Whatever, seriously. How could this possibly affect your gameplay? In fact, it may lessen it, because I know of many people who will likely hearth in Dalaran or Shatt now, including myself. I was one of the few who really liked Shatt, and I've missed being there. How could populating these cities once again be a bad thing? New players can see that even old content gets use, and that this game has life.

Spreading the people out between Shatt, Dalaran, and SW/Org also has the nice side-effect of reducing lag in SW/Org. People who don't have any Cooking/Fishing Daily business, and those who aren't doing things in Cataclysm areas, can LFD/AH/Bank/Craft in Shatt or Dalaran instead if they don't like the lag.

These are all great changes and I honestly don't understand the "THERE'S A PORTAL NEAR THE DARK PORTAL LOL LOL LOL" mentality, who wants to fly for 3-5 minutes every time they need to go To and Fro Shatt? Who wants to wait 5min on a boat/zeppelin ride every time they need to go to Dalaran? How many players are willing to plunk down 8k gold just to get a fast Dalaran travel method?

The portals are a good change. Please stop whining about them, they don't hurt anyone's play experience.