Mumble issues

Mac Technical Support
This may be the incorrect forum, but I'm having trouble finding solutions in other places. Basically, when I try and connect to a certain person's server, I'm always presented with server connection failed: connection timed out. Nothing wrong with the address or port number. I do play on a Mac, and I play on college internet, if that in anyway affects it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated for this.
Certain person's server?

I'm sorry, I don't understand.
No issues with mumble here on my comp. Your college may block the port, but more than likely something is typed in wrong.
I am having the same issue. It works for one mumble server but not another. I get the same error. I can't even count how many times I've checked to make sure everything was typed in correctly. There must be a solution to this other than assuming that things were typed in wrong. I've tried everything. Does anybody know how to fix this?
01/30/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Rhiamellwyn
I am having the same issue. It works for one mumble server but not another. I get the same error. I can't even count how many times I've checked to make sure everything was typed in correctly. There must be a solution to this other than assuming that things were typed in wrong. I've tried everything. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Please don't necro threads.

You'll want to check in the Mumble forums about that.
Open terminal (in the utilities folder) and do 'traceroute (your friend's server IP)' and see if you go anywhere