Patch 4.1 BoA cross server

Customer Support
1 2 3 5 Next
So I have characters on different servers and the same battle.net account and i have patch 4.1 downloaded and I went to the mailbox ready to send my BoA over to my alt and it doesnt have a spot for different servers? Am I doing it wrong or what? And it also said stuff thatyou buy with justice and honor is reduced by 50% and that hasn't changed either, everyone on my server is complaining, so what's the deal?
They never said you would be able to mail items to another realm.

You can mail a Bind on Battle.net accounts to another World of Warcraft connected to the same Battle.net account.

04/26/2011 03:01 PMPosted by Zombiecaller
And it also said stuff thatyou buy with justice and honor is reduced by 50% and that hasn't changed either, everyone on my server is complaining, so what's the deal?

You heard wrong.
I also misread the patch notes as being able to mail across servers then reupped my acct. thinking i could send BoA's across servers in the mail. Wasted 15$ as i cancelled my acct. again.

Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.

took the above as mailing across server..guess i expected too much.
So I have characters on different servers

You cannot mail BoA's to a different realm. You can transfer a character to a destination realm with the BoA's, but the mail limitation still exists.

There was nothing in the Patch Notes to indicate this was changing.

And it also said stuff thatyou buy with justice and honor is reduced by 50%

Where did you see this?
trade goods not items. [Unnecessary commentary removed]
Inability to send realm-to-realm = still not BoA. They are BoS. Crossing WoW account lines within the same battle.net account is an improvement, albeit very minor.
So I have characters on different servers and the same battle.net account and i have patch 4.1 downloaded and I went to the mailbox ready to send my BoA over to my alt and it doesnt have a spot for different servers?

I am sorry for the confusion, Zombiecaller, but the change to Bind on Account items was to allow those items to be sent to characters on the same Battle.net account. While our Developers would like to allow Cross-Realm, that is not currently possible due to technical limitations.

And it also said stuff thatyou buy with justice and honor is reduced by 50% and that hasn't changed either, everyone on my server is complaining, so what's the deal?

If you review the patch notes, it states that Trade goods will be reduced by 50%. From what I can see that has happened.

All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803#blog
04/26/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Dancingblade
Inability to send realm-to-realm = still not BoA. They are BoS. Crossing WoW account lines within the same battle.net account is an improvement, albeit very minor.

Can you transfer them off your Battle.net account? If the answer is no, then they are Bind on Account.
this is what i read i believe he's right
Account Bound Items

Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.

#
All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
Big fail as far as I'm concerned.
04/26/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Dancingblade
Inability to send realm-to-realm = still not BoA. They are BoS.

By BoS, do you mean Bind on Server? No, they are not.

You can send your BoA items to another realm, just not through the mail system. Bind on Server would also mean that you could send the items to any player on the realm, but you cannot. You can only send them to your own toons.
04/26/2011 03:20 PMPosted by Herrod
Big fail as far as I'm concerned.

They never said 4.1 would allow you to mail items to another realm.
Either way, Horrible wording in the original patch notes (one released months ago) but the last one made it more clear.
04/26/2011 03:26 PMPosted by Gorrax
Either way, Horrible wording in the original patch notes (one released months ago) but the last one made it more clear.

It NEVER said you could transfer items to another realm.

I never even came close to to saying that.
It NEVER said you could transfer items to another realm.

I never even came close to to saying that.

Quoted for emphasis.

It staggers me not that someone would read it that way, but HOW MANY people are reading it that way. I went back, thinking there must be something in there to make people think it.

There's nothing. The word "realm" or "server" does not even get mentioned once in the notes.
I was amazed by how many people in trade were trying to mail boa's to another server.

IMHO, there is too much money in mule toons moving BoA's for Blizz to allow cross-server. I wouldn't expect them to make this possible any time soon.
04/26/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Whollycow
IMHO, there is too much money in mule toons moving BoA's for Blizz to allow cross-server. I wouldn't expect them to make this possible any time soon.

There's even more money in people switching factions to get BoA's to other toons ($30/transfer vs. $25/transfer). They still implemented cross-faction BoA mailing.

But cross-faction is much different than cross-realm.
I was amazed by how many people in trade were trying to mail boa's to another server.

They already said its a technical reason they have not enable the ability to send mail to another realm.