Coming in 4.2: the Dungeon Journal

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
05/02/2011 11:48 AMPosted by Carmelo
Let's go ahead and remove any mystery left in the game because of some whiny players who can't be bothered to figure out anything on their own.

There's no less mystery than there was before. They still have to be able to see the fights to learn them, its not a walkthrough.
personally i HATE add-ons, always haveing to up date them, so more power to Blizz for thier effort to stream-line the game. I dont see that it makes the game easier, but does make it self sustained, the game explains it self, tells what loot is available with this certian boss. The complaints listed by other gamers seemed to be a little narrow minded, thier way of doing things, IS THE ONLY WAY!
OMG TY Kaese..No sarcasm lol
I'm really happy about this! I've said for years that one shouldn't have to leave WoW and go to youtube to learn how to play WoW. And unfortunately, a lot of players feel that you should know the fights already and not have to explain it to first-timers. This is exactly what we need. Thanks Bliz!
in a dungeon, in a raid, on a boat

I think I love you.
Considering that all the info in the dungeon journal is already widely available with the most basic of net navigation I seriously doubt this will be a huge help. The players that refused to take a few minutes to look a boss up on Wowhead still won't use the Dungeon Journal even if they know it's there. They generally don't bother to read patch notes, hell they don't even bother to read group chat.

That said it will help some players which will be nice. Just don't expect miracles imo.
This feature would be great if it had a notes feature attached. I always like scribbling down notes on bosses about gear and abilities.
You guys said teaser, but I see nothing here stated or shown here that was anything more than what was previously stated at Blizzcon, and more recently, the last week or two. All you did was sum it up and call it a teaser... :(

Not trying to bash Blizzard or anything, but I really had my hopes up, especially when having a case of the Mondays...
You guys said teaser, but I see nothing here stated or shown here that was anything more than what was previously stated at Blizzcon, and more recently, the last week or two. All you did was sum it up and call it a teaser... :(

Not trying to bash Blizzard or anything, but I really had my hopes up, especially when having a case of the Mondays...
Because it's not done yet.
05/02/2011 08:58 AMPosted by Kaivax
With 4.2, we’re introducing the new World of Warcraft Dungeon Journal. The feature is currently deep in development, so while we don't have anything to show off just yet, we’ve put together a FAQ with a bit of information. Please enjoy!
Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it.
if a player isn't willing to use wowhead or youtube videos(which give this information plus stratagies) for bosses or atlasloot or wowhead(which give loot break downs for not only bosses but crafting/rep/pvp/etc.) for gear, they aren't likely to use this more limited tool either.

Its nice for people whose computers have issues with addons or opening WoW and a web browser, but I doubt it will see much functionality both among researchers(who look stuff up anyway) or wing it(who don't look stuff up at all).
Deadly Boss Mods and Atlas Loot anyone?????
Wooooot! A default atlas loot for WoW.. Just better hehe!
So now noobs dont even have to know how to use google anymore. So cool!

Just kidding. This sounds dumb. There's plenty of online resources already. Don't coddle the players by putting the walkthrough directly in the game

You mistake this implementation as a walk-through. While you will be told the items and abilities the boss will employ, it will not tell you when, how much damage, where to stand etc. This is merely an extra in-game tool to help players get into the encounters, understand them a little better, and enjoy them. The ability to take down the boss is still soundly within player hands and abilities.

I think this is a perfect balance. I can't wait :D
This sounds good. No more AtlasLoot disconnects or Wowhead alt-tabbing!

Don't get too excited, though. You'll still have to tell people what strategy you're using. Unfortunately I suspect we'll be hearing a lot of "lol check the dungeon journal noob".
I personally like it. No real problems appear to me.
Wow, can't wait to you guys release it! And one question just to verify, will this included lower level dungeons like RFC or SFK?