4.2 Biggest PVE Nerf ever?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
What we should do is add this CC change specifically to the Glyph of Fear.
i can only expect this.
05/03/2011 04:27 PMPosted by Cithere
Not me. I think the skull speaks the truth.

You agree with the specific part I quoted where he said that being unskilled doesn't mean you should lose? So anybody should do anything, regardless of skill?
@ OP. I imagine this is made mostly for the Bastion of Twilight. Were idiots let their CC fall off and aggro every mob in the raid. Great change, good thinking designers.
05/03/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Droskee
Thats great bro. Everybody else disagrees with you.

Damn. Did I forget to cast my ballot in the recent election in which the global community nominated you as their speaker? :)

Edit: bro.
05/03/2011 04:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
Thats great bro. Everybody else disagrees with you.

Damn. Did I forget to cast my ballot in the recent election in which the global community nominated you as their speaker? :)

Edit: bro.
Oh, Zarhym, I love you. In a friend-friend way. Not the other way.
What? You mean I no longer have to go "Oh god, bad timing on the sheep! You pulled half the dungeon"? I'm failing to see how that's a nerf? It sure as hell beats DPS face pulling.
05/03/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Droskee

You agree with the specific part I quoted where he said that being unskilled doesn't mean you should lose? So anybody should do anything, regardless of skill?

Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
05/03/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Provaporous
I started the game near the end of ICC raid content and the content of the game I've enjoyed the most is the Zul'Aman remake with its focus on teamwork compared to the dissaster of ease that plagued WOTLK content

Heres a clue... Wrath dungeons were not nearly that easy when Wrath launched. They didn't reach full steamroll til mid-ToC and then complete snoozefest during ICC. Don't talk about disaster of ease that plagued WOTLK content when you were only there for the end of expansion.

05/03/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Provaporous
I'm worried that the game is starting to navigate back towards that easiness for the sake of pleasing people who don't want to learn how to be better players.

Huh? Most peoples problem is there unwillingness to use CC. This won't change that in the slightest. It will however make coordinated groups runs easier.

tl/dr blizz is ruining the game by caving in to casuals who say ZA/ZG are too hard and need a nerf

ZA/ZG need virtually no CC on trash. I've completed ZA twice now tanking using NO CC (course healer wasn't exactly happy about it was onboard for trying it lol) so no this is not a nerf based on forum QQ.

It sounds like you're rockin' in this expansion. Presumably you even have an organized group of players with whom you play regularly. Maybe you even use vent so that marking and pulling targets is second nature. Perhaps if others aren't on your level of experience or play, they deserve to fail. Serves them right.

We disagree.

Looks to me like he is saying, you shouldn't need a bad A group on vent.

I agree
Perhaps if others aren't on your level of experience or play, they deserve to fail. Serves them right.

We disagree.

Fine, if you want to argue what was clearly stated I am fine with that. These 3 sentances here are what I was talking about. The topic was about CC, and either you can do CC or you can't. There is no varying level of skill involved with CC. So, if you aren't as good as somebody that CAN CC then that means that you CAN'T CC. This change makes it so that everybody can CC no matter what because there isnt a chance to mess up anymore. Therefore, what I said about skill not playing a role anymore is completely valid.

Looks to me like he is saying, you shouldn't need a bad A group on vent.

I agree

I agree with that too. But that isn't what he said, he used vent as an example of something that some good players do.

One last edit, I know I may have came off rude to Mr. Blue, and that wasn't my intent, it is just a change that I disagree with, but I definitly came off more agressive then I would've liked to.
Perhaps if others aren't on your level of experience or play, they deserve to fail. Serves them right.

We disagree.

Fine, if you want to argue what was clearly stated I am fine with that. These 3 sentances here are what I was talking about. The topic was about CC, and either you can do CC or you can't. There is no varying level of skill involved with CC. So, if you aren't as good as somebody that CAN CC then that means that you CAN'T CC. This change makes it so that everybody can CC no matter what because there isnt a chance to mess up anymore. Therefore, what I said about skill not playing a role anymore is completely valid.

Okay. Thanks for your input. :)
05/03/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Zarhym
Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

Best. Floating skull. EVER
I for one welcome this change. This will reduce the amount of chatter and setup required between pulls *if* the group members already know what they have to do. Anything the speeds up trash clearing is welcome in my book <3

What I think the change means is that now players will be able to apply their CC to a mob in a pack without the whole pack aggroing. Therefore, players will still have to know what to do on an individual basis. All this change does is eliminate the need to coordinate everyone to act at the same time, which can be loosely interpreted as "skill" but ultimately is not that big of a deal.

As I said, it will speed and smooth things up tremendously in voiceless PuGs.
Next step, no AoEs break CC ;)

And I hate encounters like ZG where its all up to the DPS, and if they fail everyone fails... leave that responsibility with the tank please... DPS obviously cannot handle it.

A part of the lack of Tanks is too much responsibility on one role. I think more responsibility needs to be shifted onto DPS. It'll be tough when they haven't had much responsibility before, but hopefully more things are introduced to shift the responsibility and we'll adapt over time.

On the plus side, we now have more things to blame DPS for :)
Oh, the hyperbole! I firmly believe kittens around the world are now crying because of the doom and gloom in this post. Is this what you wanted? Do you want to make kittens worldwide suffer? That's what happens when you make hyperbolic statements. The cat population dies off from despair.

Ah, so this post did some good after all. Too many cats in the world after all (well, at least the one that left me a dead rabbit on the doorstep this morning).

Go Zar go!