Warhammer 40k

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Post Limit:
i saw the other day a MMORPG called Warhammer, it seems that it's from the same group that did W40k, but i don't know why i dont like it at all. It's not original, like W40k. The characters and story was good on W40k, but i dont like the idea of getting another game that looks like WoW, no offence, but if i want to play Dwarves, Orcs and elves i choose WoW.
Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are both made by Games Workshop and are entirely different entities with different stories.

The Warhammer mmo was made by Mythic, now BioWare Mythic. It also has nothing to do with the Warhammer 40k mmo being made by THQ.

The story setting really is pretty good, but they really crunched a lot of the lore to make it fit an MMO. I blame EA.
I've always preferred 40k over the base fantasy one. I just find the genre-bending sci-fi setting to be much more creative and engaging.

THQ/Relic seem to have a much firmer grasp on the franchise. I think their MMO will do worlds better than the current one. Curious as to how it will be organized though. It'd be hard to justify an Order vs. Chaos bit with the space marines. I guess there could be three factions: The Imperium (Space Marines, Imperial Guard), Chaos (Chaos, Orks), and some sort of third faction with the Eldar and Tau. The Tyranids and Necron would be good neutral villains to all three.
When i see Warhammer online i think EA Games really didn't know what to do with this game, and it's really disapointing to see it ruin the game like this. i remember the first day that i played W40k, it was awsome, the character, the gameplay, the quotes and the gameplay was really good, as good as starcraft.

I don't know why they do the same thing as WoW, i would love to see a futuristic Orc or Elf using vehicles and guns. I remember how i loved the Orc, Big Mek and Warboss, also the space marines where amazing.
http://kofler.dot.at/40k/orks.html
there's a nice collection of pictures here about the orcs, they look amazing
wait wat Warhammer 40k mmo? #@%@ this is news like im definatly gonna go out and get this as soon as it comes out cos im obsessed with the whole W40k universe XD
I've always preferred 40k over the base fantasy one. I just find the genre-bending sci-fi setting to be much more creative and engaging.

THQ/Relic seem to have a much firmer grasp on the franchise. I think their MMO will do worlds better than the current one. Curious as to how it will be organized though. It'd be hard to justify an Order vs. Chaos bit with the space marines. I guess there could be three factions: The Imperium (Space Marines, Imperial Guard), Chaos (Chaos, Orks), and some sort of third faction with the Eldar and Tau. The Tyranids and Necron would be good neutral villains to all three.

I'm hoping for completely seperate factions for each race. Imperium faction, Chaos faction, Ork faction, Eldar faction at least. I hope for Tau too, but I'm not expecting it.

05/03/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Goreguttz
wait wat Warhammer 40k mmo? #@%@ this is news like im definatly gonna go out and get this as soon as it comes out cos im obsessed with the whole W40k universe XD

Yep. THQ/Vigil Games is making one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Dark_Millennium_Online
I personally am hoping for a playable Necron faction, but they're probably going to end up being either main antagonists or just trash mobs.
Warhammer Online was a game that was released before its time and failed miserably.

Warhammer 40k will probably take the same exact route.

Nah, EA isn't behind this one.