Tier 12

New Player Help and Guides
I recently started playing a couple months ago, and still don't get the tiers of gear. I get that new ones come out and they are better than the old ones, but where does one get these? Are they raid drops? Justice point gear? Valor Point gear? I have no idea.
Raid drops and valor point gear. There are some pieces that can't be bought at the VP vendor though, like the helm.
So, you could get almost the full set by doing raids OR spending valor points? Or is it something like where the helm is only raid, the legs are only VP etc...
You can get the full set from just doing raids. You can't get the full set from just valor. Hope that made sense.

It also depends on the raid. The current raids, BoT, BH, BWD and Four Thrones offer T11 gear. T12 will be from the new raid coming out in 4.2, Firelands.
Ah, gotcha. Also, one more question. How long does it take to get the gear, as in what is the drop rate on them?
The T11 Chest, Gloves and legs are purchased with Valor points, which you aquire from doing raids and the first heroic dungeon of the day with the Random Dungeon finder.

The T11 Gloves and Legs have a low chance to drop from the Raid boss in Baradin Hold.

The T11 Helm and Shoulders only drop from Nefarian and Cho'gall respectively (Blackwing Descent and Bastion of Twilight raids, the final bosses of each). They drop a Tier Token that you use to purchase the actual gear from the Valor point vendor, but the tokens only drop in those raids, from those particular bosses, there's no other way to get the Helm or Shoulders.
i would also like to ask is it possible to get past tier gear ?
05/03/2011 01:23 PMPosted by Liior
i would also like to ask is it possible to get past tier gear ?

Some of it. Depends if it's been removed from the game or not. For example, the old T2 helm dropped from the old level 60 Onyxia raid, so you can't get those pieces anymore. Same with all of the old T3 that dropped in the old level 60 Naxx.

But otherwise, yes, just go back to the old raids and kill the old bosses for the pieces you want.
nef in bwl drops t2 hat now
i see thank you. I guess that means no complete tier 2 for me. Sucks being late to the game

EDIT:

05/03/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Graei

Ahh! Thank you. i was wondering if i wouldn't be able to get some of the older paladin gear once i hit max since they look a lot better to me that the more recent stuff. They look more "holy and angelic" to me and that fits the whole paladin theme.
05/03/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Graei

How weird. Thanks.
have they said if you will be able to purchase tier 12 gear with valor points or if all pieces will drop from different bosses in firelands honestly i started playing in Wrath and i really liked the way u could buy full set of tier 10 and just upgrade it by raiding
05/28/2011 01:27 AMPosted by Vergyl
have they said if you will be able to purchase tier 12 gear with valor points or if all pieces will drop from different bosses in firelands honestly i started playing in Wrath and i really liked the way u could buy full set of tier 10 and just upgrade it by raiding

Read the posts above. You cannot purchase a full tier set with any form of points. You have to raid to get the full set. This will apply to every single tier in this expansion.

The Wrath system was too ridiculously easy.
05/28/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Kantaryo
So for newbies like me what tier can I get at my level T1?

No. You can't get any tier sets until level 60. They're vastly inferior to the next expansion's gear so hardly anyone tries to collect them. Plus some of the fights required are obnoxious.

Level 60 (Vanilla) = 1, 2, 3*
Level 70 (BC) = 4, 5, 6
Level 80 (WotLK) = 7, 8, 9, 10
Level 85 (Cata) = 11, 12**

* No longer obtainable.
** Will be available in the next patch.
05/28/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Icedragon
No. You can't get any tier sets until level 60. They're vastly inferior to the next expansion's gear so hardly anyone tries to collect them.

There are a couple of exceptions:
    Some folks will get them for RP purposes. You're more likely to find old content raids on RP servers for that reason.

Hunters will often attempt to get some T5 gear for the pet buff you get from having two pieces. Useful when off-tanking or extreme soloing.