In-realm pugs only?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next
04/30/2011 12:05 AMPosted by Narsh
The ques have gone up dramatically as a result.

Do you think there might be any other changes to LFD in the patch that could have an effect on queue times?
So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

That sounds hilarious. xD
There have been a lot of posts over the last year or so about how the LFD was killing the game. I don't remember seeing nearly as many posts saying, "Well maybe. But I like the anonymity and don't want to play with people on my realm."

So Blizzard listened and here we are. Long-term I think it's a good thing. Short term, some people will need to pick up their game and stop assuming they'll be carried.

People with grudges will be a problem but since truth is usually no obstacle in the Trade channel, it won't be much different than now.

EDIT: As for queue times going up, the patch notes use the word 'attempt' when putting a party together, not 'will in every case'. So if your queue times are up, it's probably something else.
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

IMO, I understand how people want to feel more like they are a community again instead of being paired with total strangers but for me, this is a bad thing. My main server consists mainly of obnoxious wanna-be elitists who are either outright jerks or are not the player they like to think they are. (i.e. they think they're the best >insert class< you've ever seen and when in reality, they're pretty horrible).

I am glad this has not happened to me very often, through repeated disasters when being paired in LFD earlier with people from my own server, I often consider simply leaving upon seeing someone from my own server because there's a 60-70% chance this person will either be terrible or will be a complete jerk to the group, pick a fight and cause a problem in the group when things don't go his way.

So there's definitely a flip side to this for some of us. And no, I won't be server transfering because as terrible as other people are on my server, my guild consists of some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in this game. We may hate our server but with most of us being 6-7 alts in, we're pretty rooted here because it'd cost way too much to be reasonable for us to jump ship or something.

For the heck of it, I'll also share this story. Back in WotLK, I got into a group with 3 people from a guild on my server, run by a person whom is totally full-of-himself and believes the server cannot live or breathe without his barely noticeable presence. The three of them began talking trash to the from-another-server Hunter whom was doing *nothing* wrong and all of them were below him in DPS. The Warrior had dual Bryntroll (or it and another weapon of equal quality, I forget) and full 25man T10 and was barely pulling 3k DPS while telling the Hunter he was horrible. They eventually votekicked him "for the lulz", I felt terrible because I wondered if he associated me with them and may have walked away believing I too had agreed with votekicking him which I did not and clicked no, not that it saved him.

The change to the votekick helps this but also cripples it because it becomes harder to get rid of an obviously bad player, simply because you are running with your guild.

Either way, just kinda felt like sharing the flip side. I understand people feel out of touch with their realms and this change may make many of them happier which I support but it certainly does do that for us all.

( and just in case there is any confusion: I said 'main server', I am not refering to Mal'Ganis with any of the commentary I said about my server. I play mainly on another server. )
It was funny. Today I was que'd as a healer, my friend as dps. We weren't grouped together. I asked him if he wanted to do one together, but he said no cause his que just popped. So had mine. We were in the same group. We lol'd and left.
I haven't noticed alot of people from my realm when I do heroics on shadow council.. Is it really supposed to pair you up with your server?
To the OP... You're complaining about being forced to play the game with people on your own server, as opposed to people from other servers? Not sure whether you realize how hilarious that sounds. If you want to play primarily with people from other servers, then transfer to one of those servers. That's why the service is available.
04/30/2011 05:31 AMPosted by Stingray
To the OP... You're complaining about being forced to play the game with people on your own server, as opposed to people from other servers? Not sure whether you realize how hilarious that sounds. If you want to play primarily with people from other servers, then transfer to one of those servers. That's why the service is available.

If you had read even half of the rest of the thread you would see some of the concerns people have.
04/30/2011 05:35 AMPosted by Arcanzo
If you had read even half of the rest of the thread you would see some of the concerns people have.

I read the entire thread. Thanks for your input, though.
Then I guess you missed the point completely.

Thanks for your input, though.
I honestly think if I wanted to run with someone from my server, I would have q'd with them. There are a couple people I do not care to group with from my server, yet, when I did a random on my alt, I was grouped with 2 people from a guild that has a problem with my guild and vise versa, as well as someone completely random from our server, and one outside server.

Its nice to see familiar names but not those that you don't care to ever run something with. Don't tell me to ignore them, because then I can't see when they are talking about the guild I am in.

That said, I do like the idea of it searching for people from your own server first, but can see its not going to please everyone. I do like that when you do end up having a good group with someone from your server that you may have never known existed, you can talk to them again after its over.

tl;dr I don't like getting grouped with people I don't want to run with, but I like being able to talk to good players I didn't know existed after the run is over.
Well, at least I don't have to manually form my own groups.

I was a bit annoyed and shocked when after 4 DPS left from a ZA group that was stuck at the Eagle boss that I got my GM as one of the replacement DPS.

I chalk it up as crazy wild luck and moved on. Then I see this and noticed it was Blizzard's way of making me pay up more repair bills.

I'm watching you Blizzard. I WILL keep my eye on you.
I don't -want- to be matched to my realm. No offense, but we really kinda blow from a PvE standpoint.

Option, IMO.
The only thing i dont like about this, is that there comes with this a harrashment issue, if you somehow get paired with someone that you are in the same realm with and you happen to not get along with that person then it makes for a bad group as they will try to ridicule you and mess with the group the whole time.
Haha! I was wondering why I got in a group with like 3 other Khaz players xD

Embarrassing thing is one of them was from the top raiding guild on my server. I may be alright but standing next to one of them was mortifying v.v

MOST people saying no to this seem to say their realm is fail, do what a great deal of players do. Suck it up, tell them mechanics, wipe, re explain mechanics and what went wrong. Its only gonna help the next peeps that they go with. That or guild group it up.
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

YES! Good good good good change =)