The Walking Dead

Movies, TV and Entertainment
So.

Who else is counting the minutes until the next season premiere this fall?

And to add a few more questions:

1- Who's your favorite character?
2- What's been your favorite scene so far?
3- Who are the walking dead?
4- If you've read the comics, what do you think of the adaptation?
1- Tough call. I like the Glenn Dale and Rick, I also like the redneck kid, I forget his name.

2- I like all of the early scenes where Rick was coming to terms with the situation.

3- Not sure I understand the question. Do you mean the origin of the zombies? We klnow that. Do you mean the title is ironic and that the 'survivors' are the walking dead, as in dead already but just don't know it yet?

4- For the most part I am ok with the changes made. I am not nutz about the character Shane and would have liked to see Carl shoot him, but I understand the desire to drag out the situation and give more meat for the personal side of the story. The Comics do not have a lot of diologue so changes were expected to keep viewers interested. I really like addition of the two rednecks, I think they add some nice group diversity. The only thing I didn't like was the dealings with the other group of survivors in the city. It seemed a little off and unnecessary to me.
1- Rick so far.

2- My favorite scene was when Amy was bitten, that whole transformation process and just watching Andrea come to terms with it had me in tears T^T. Followed closely behind by the scene where Rick is begging the small security cam asking for the door to be opened.

3- It was a trick question xD Just wanted to see people's input on the meaning behind the series' name.

4- I like the twist the director has given to the series, that moment when Carl shoots Shane helps understand the degeneration process of the survivors, can't wait to see how it comes into play on the tv series.
I'm counting the minutes like a mofo. Looking forward to checking out the panel at San Diego Comic Con this year if they have a panel (I don't see why they wouldn't to be honest).

1- Glenn and Rick.

2- My favorite scene has to be when they have the vigil, or rather the playback of the vigil (snarf snarf Walking Dead reference) of Test Subject 19 or as we find out later is Jenner's wife. It's a very powerful scene in my opinion.

3- I always just assumed the zombies.

4- I've never read the comics, but I would very much love to. I love zombies.

Andrea for comic, Rick for T.V.

*SPOILER* Jim losing his mind *SPOILER*

"We are the Walking Dead!!!"

It's pretty good, I am a hardcore "Script should be word for word from the book" type of guy, but this is more than acceptable.
I don't know if I have a favorite scene, but certainly a favorite shot.

The zombie woman looking at the peephole was one of the few times television has successfully disturbed me.
I really liked Jim. I've never seen a hairier man. /drool
All I want from the new season is more zombie killing. Drama is fine but we need a Zombie body count of at least 3 every episode.
I think it's a tie between Daryl Dixon and Dale Horvath.

The entire exchange between the main group and the Vatos. Specifically, when you find out what the Vatos are protecting and who they are. As you watch the episode, you think "Ok, there's going to be a shoot out and some main characters will die" and the story went off in a totally different direction. I was completely shocked because I did not expect that outcome at all.

I never understood why they refer to the zombies as "geeks" though. I'd assume it's explained in the comic series.

I have not read the comics. However, after the series premiered I spent a while reading (Gogo Walking Dead Wiki ) how the storyline in the comic progressed and I kind of hope they do change a few of those events. I didn't enjoy how some of the characters met their end in the comic.
1- I would say Glenn
2- The hospital scene and when the one guy breaks down in the camp, and basically waht happens afterward (i dont want to do spoilers).
3- The walking dead are who we'll be fighting for survival after a bunch of animal rights activists release rage infected chimps from a laboratory in England.

Or it could be us, because no matter what we do we'll most likely end up dead in a zombie filled post apocalyptic world. Either way its the viewers call.

05/04/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Nathreim
All I want from the new season is more zombie killing. Drama is fine but we need a Zombie body count of at least 3 every episode.

I would say that;s a fair if not low quota for a zombie show.
I feel like this was a fun thread that would be nice to bring back with the season 3 finale.

1. Daryl and Shane

2. Too damn many to choose from for me.

3. The Walking Dead are the survivors themselves.

4.Never read the comics
1. Rick, no contest

2. Tie between the whole Sophia walking out of the barn scene with Rick doing what had to be done, and Rick doing the verbal cat and mouse game with the two scumbags in the bar.

3. Think everybody knows this by now.

4. Broke down a couple weeks ago and read the comics up to where the TV show was so I didn't spoil anything; I will say the show blows the comic out of the water. The characters in the show are more believable and "real", in the comic they seemed like parodies.
1. Daryl

2. Favorite Part: When they pulled the walker out of the well and he split in two. That was one of the rare "Holy ****!" moments of TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fob3P1Q68Uc

Ranking up there with Star Trek: The Next Generation "Head Exploding"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Vr9LnogLM

1) Dale, Herschel, Michonne, Daryl, Glen, everyone that is not Carl or Andrea.

2) Rick's awesome under the tank maneuver in the first few eps. It was really cool.

4) Never read them/knew of them 'till the show came out. I avoid them so I can enjoy the show now, & the comics later.

1. Michonne, both the comic and TV version.

2. I actually have two

i. Hannah. Remember that dismembered walker Rick encountered in very first episode, that was Hannah. Hannah's backstory and how she got to that state was heartbreaking.

ii. The conversation Rick has with Carl in the last episode of Season 2.
"No more kids stuff. People are gonna die. I'm gonna die...Mom. Theres no way you can ever be ready for that."

IMO, This quote defines The Walking Dead series, and it stands true throughout the whole series. The realization and acceptance. Some examples
-Morgan unable to kill is reanimated wife(season 1)
-Sophia's, Shane's and Dale's fate(Season 2)
-Carl killing his mother before she turns (season 3)
- Daryl killing Merle. (season 3)

3. Rick said it perfectly in the comics. The living/survivors are the Walking Dead.

4. Well obviously, they had to alter/ sacrifice a few things from the comics. Overall the Tv adaptation is alright, but I still prefer the comics.
So.

Who else is counting the minutes until the next season premiere this fall?

And to add a few more questions:

Well, peronally I'm still interested in seeing how this season ends tonight XP

1. Rick. Daryl would be a close second.
2. The last scene of the last episode was pretty intense. Its definitely up there with Rick's final fall from sanity at the beginning of the season.

I also really enjoyed quite a bit of season one....it's honestly hard to choose a favorite out of a show that has had so many great fight and developmental scense.
3. The Walking Dead are both those that survived and doomed to become what they are struggling to fight as well as the already dead. Humanity is the walking dead in essence.
4. Haven't read the comics and can't say I really have any interest in it. From what I've heard quite a few people prefer the show to the comics given the differences and the realistic feel the show tries to implement more so than the comics have.
1- T-Dog before he died :(. Glenn is my favorite
2- When the farm got over run by that herd of zombies (last episode of season two)
3- Zombies?
4- Why read when you can watch the T.V show?
I'm bored (of the Walking Dead, too), so I guess I'll play.

Who's your favorite character? Shane
He was the most compelling character the series had to offer; they gave him a great story arc but he was killed off too quickly

What's been your favorite scene so far? The opening of the barn in 'Pretty Much Dead Already' (Season 2)
Shane Walsh: MAN WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING?!
Rick Grimes: Shane, just back off!
Hershel Greene: Why do your people have guns?
Shane Walsh: Are you kidding me? You see. You see what they're holding onto?
Hershel Greene: I see who I'm holding onto.
Shane Walsh: Nah man, you don't.
Rick Grimes: Shane, let us do this and then we can talk!
Shane Walsh: Whatchu wanna talk about Rick? These things ain't sick! They're not people. THEY'RE DEAD! Ain't gonna feel nothing for them 'cause all they do, they kill! These things right here - they're the things that killed Amy, they killed Otis, and they're gonna kill all of us unless we do sumthin' righ' now!
Rick Grimes: SHANE STOP!
[Shane pulls out gun]
Shane Walsh: Hey, Hershel, man, let me ask you something. Can a living, breathing person, could they walk away from this?
[shoots walker in its chest]
Rick Grimes: No! Stop it!
Shane Walsh: That's three rounds in the chest. Could someone who's alive, can they just take that? Why's it still coming?
[shoots walker in its chest again]
Shane Walsh: That's its heart, its lungs. WHY'S IT STILL COMING?!
[shoots it again]
Rick Grimes: Shane, enough!
Shane Walsh: Yeah, you're right, man. That is enough.
[shoots walker in the head, killing it]
Shane Walsh: ....Enough, risking our lives for a little girl who’s GONE! Enough, living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us! ENOUGH! Rick, it ain’t like it was before! Now if you all wanna live, if you wanna survive, you gotta fight for it, and I’m talking about fight! Right here, right now!"

Who are "The Walking Dead"? The title refers to the survivors.

If you've read the comics, what do you think of the adaptation? It's different. They did more with certain characters, and less with others.

Is this an interview? It feels like an interview.
1- Andrea. (RIP)
2- Hard to pick when since there's been 3 seasons, but recently the Michonne/Governer fight where she jabbed his eye out with glass was pretty rad.