Frost mage macros for arenas

Mage
I was wondering what macros everyone uses? I've checked out arena junkies and saw a few things but still have a few questions of my own.
Is it possible to create a macro so that when I cast FB my pets nova circle instantly appears?
Can a macro be created so that when I cast Deep Freeze so that ice lance follows? I have a load of more ideas/questions but don't wanna list them all at once.
for the deep freeze/ice lance they are both on the global cd so that is not possible,
but for the fb/pet nova it may be possible but i don't havea frost spec atm to test any out.
hmm, I understand the gcd thing but what if it just casted the second it was up?
How about you just make separate keybinds because all those spells need to be used differently in different situations?

Don't be lazy.

Macroing those things together will not make pvp easier or make you better.
How about you just make separate keybinds because all those spells need to be used differently in different situations?

Don't be lazy.

Macroing those things together will not make pvp easier or make you better.

I suppose. Currently I use the first 1-7 keys for spells and click everything else. I still own in pvp when I play but I can't imagine it going that well in the 2200 arenas. What are your keybindings like?
Yeah I don't use macros any more, except for mod stuff (adding a player quickly with 1 click to VanasKOS etc)

For buttons, also consider remapping some letter keys. I use Bartender4 for this, very easy to do.

F = Frostfire Bolt (brain freeze insta)
Z = FF Orb
X = Cold Snap
C = Cone of Cold
V = Poly

1 = Frostbolt
2 = Ice Barrier -- i suppose you could macro this, and make it also cast mage armor at the same time
3 = fireblast, for some reason
4 = Frost Nova
5 = RoF
6 = Blizzard

Then I have IWIN i mean Ice Lance on middle mouse button, counterspell is on one of the thumb mouse buttons and arc explosion is on the other thumb mouse button. I want to put my WE's nova on a key bind but haven't got that working yet.

So yeah.. since you wanted to know all that lol. But my point is you don't really need macros if you map your keys efficiently. Exception would be if you're arcane spec and want a POM + Pyro or FB macro.
Yeah I don't use macros any more, except for mod stuff (adding a player quickly with 1 click to VanasKOS etc)

For buttons, also consider remapping some letter keys. I use Bartender4 for this, very easy to do.

F = Frostfire Bolt (brain freeze insta)
Z = FF Orb
X = Cold Snap
C = Cone of Cold
V = Poly

1 = Frostbolt
2 = Ice Barrier -- i suppose you could macro this, and make it also cast mage armor at the same time
3 = fireblast, for some reason
4 = Frost Nova
5 = RoF
6 = Blizzard

Then I have IWIN i mean Ice Lance on middle mouse button, counterspell is on one of the thumb mouse buttons and arc explosion is on the other thumb mouse button. I want to put my WE's nova on a key bind but haven't got that working yet.

So yeah.. since you wanted to know all that lol. But my point is you don't really need macros if you map your keys efficiently. Exception would be if you're arcane spec and want a POM + Pyro or FB macro.

Thanks for that! I'm gonna go out and look for a cheap mouse with side buttons. 1-9 or w.e I think that would help a lot for key bindings.
05/01/2011 07:50 AMPosted by Conardd
I suppose. Currently I use the first 1-7 keys for spells and click everything else. I still own in pvp when I play but I can't imagine it going that well in the 2200 arenas. What are your keybindings like?

Clicking is the worse thing you can do in pvp.

Currently I use 1-4, `qersfzxc, mouse wheel scrolling, mouse wheel pressing, and +2 buttons on my mouse, +shift/ctrl modifiers for them all. I move with WAD, no backpedal bound.

Macros ARE godly in pvp, but if you've looked at AJ, you should have more of them (focus CS/sheep/DF, pet summon/nova, etc etc).

Also, I just took a quick look at your armory:

Don't gem stamina, ever. Also, don't gem pure crit, get crit/int gems, much better.

Drop shattered barrier and reactive barrier, put another point into FFO and improved blink, and one point into enduring winter.

Drop your molten armor glyph and replace it with frost fire bolt, get rid of that mana sheild glyph and replace it with glyph of polymorph.

If you want me to, I can flood the thread with a list of my keybinds, but I'll save you some room for now (I have about 50 or so lulz).

Ice Barrier -- i suppose you could macro this, and make it also cast mage armor at the same time

Stupid, wastes a global and there's no reason to constantly rebuff yourself with MA all the time. We're already GCD capped in pvp to an extreme, we don't need senseless macros wasting globals.
05/01/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Zeexk
[quote="24565176119"]I suppose. Currently I use the first 1-7 keys for spells and click everything else. I still own in pvp when I play but I can't imagine it going that well in the 2200 arenas. What are your keybindings like?

Clicking is the worse thing you can do in pvp.

Currently I use 1-4, `qersfzxc, mouse wheel scrolling, mouse wheel pressing, and +2 buttons on my mouse, +shift/ctrl modifiers for them all. I move with WAD, no backpedal bound.

Macros ARE godly in pvp, but if you've looked at AJ, you should have more of them (focus CS/sheep/DF, pet summon/nova, etc etc).

Also, I just took a quick look at your armory:

Don't gem stamina, ever. Also, don't gem pure crit, get crit/int gems, much better.

Drop shattered barrier and reactive barrier, put another point into FFO and improved blink, and one point into enduring winter.

Drop your molten armor glyph and replace it with frost fire bolt, get rid of that mana sheild glyph and replace it with glyph of polymorph.

If you want me to, I can flood the thread with a list of my keybinds, but I'll save you some room for now (I have about 50 or so lulz).

Thanks for the tips.

What is a focus macro? And I wouldnt mind you listing some keybinds to get me started. I especially want to know how you macro you pets moves; nova, passive, stay...
bump. Im interested also
I use a Razer naga. Pretty much 36 spells, all within reach of my thumb and first finger (I use shift and ctr modifiers). I could add another 12 possible, but I bound middle mouse button to my vent push-to-talk.

05/01/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Conardd
What is a focus macro? And I wouldnt mind you listing some keybinds to get me started. I especially want to know how you macro you pets moves; nova, passive, stay...

/cast [target=focus] "spell" would cast that spell on your focus target.

/cast [target=focus] "spell";"spell" would cast that spell on your focus if you have a focus, and on your target if you don't. I think. Not really all that great with macros myself.
Inc huge list of odd keybinds that I use, these are in no way perfect and I highly recomend not copying them (I have tiny hands).

`-Mage armor
1-Counterspell
2-Frostbolt
3-Sheep+set focus
4-Spell steal
q-Frost nova
e-Ice barrier
r-Summon elemental/pet freeze
s-Ice lance
f-Fireblast
z-Ice block
x-Arcane Explosion
c-Cone of cold
Mouse wheel down- Blink
Mouse wheel scroll up-n/a(Camera zoom)
Mouse wheel scroll down-n/a(Camera zoom)
Mouse Button 4 (Left side button)- Ring of Frost
Mouse button 5 (right side)- Decurse.

+Shift (I hold down shift and hit the bind):
`-Frost armor
1-Mirror Image
2-Pet attack
3-Sheep focus target
4-Invisibility
q-N/a
e-Mana sheild
r-n/a (respond to tell)
s-Icy Veins
f-FFB
z-Slowfall
x-Deep Freeze focus target
c-Deep freeze
Mouse wheel down- PvP trinket
Mouse wheel scroll up- Blizzard
Mouse wheel scroll down-Mage ward
Mouse Button 4 (Left side button)- Focus counterspell
Mouse button 5 (right side)- focus impact

+CTRL
`-Molten Armor
1-Mana gem
2-Cold snap
3-clear focus
4-Evocation
q-n/a
e-Remove ice barrier (for those few mage 1v1s)
r-Sn/a
s-Rocket boots
f-n/a
z-n/a
x-n/a
c-Fire orb
Mouse wheel down- Will of the Forsaken
Mouse wheel scroll up-n/a
Mouse wheel scroll down-n/a
Mouse Button 4 (Left side button)- Pet passive
Mouse button 5 (right side)- Time warp

+ALt
2-Scorch
s- On use SP trinket
Mouse wheel down- Wand

Then, I have ctrl+space bar for ground mount, alt+space bar for flying mount

Focus target is a target you set with /focus. This target will just be in another frame while you are able to select a new target. With this, you can damage your current target and you are able to CC your focus target without deselecting your current target.

Here is an example focus macro I use for counterspell:

#showtooltip
/STOPCASTING
/cast [target=focus, nodead, harm] Counterspell

Whenever you hit it, counter spell will be casted on your focus target. You can replace Counter spell with pretty much anything- I have one for impact, DF, sheep, and CS (not much more you need).