Overrated bands that everyone seems to love

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 19 20 21 Next
Overrated bands? There are many of them. Most of them suck, but people like them.

Major examples that come to mind include:
- Avenged Sevenfold (and pretty much any other metalcore band, actually)
- Godsmack
- Metallica
- Slipknot

Avenged Sevenfold like any other metalcore band? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. There is more complexion is most metalcore/death metal than most bands today. Avenged Sevenfold, maybe can be barely hard rock. -_-
05/21/2011 11:38 PMPosted by Zevahcotineb
Any band that yells/screams/utters any vocal sound that isnt singing. They seem particularly common in WoW pvp videos.

It's called vocals, they go in between. It was never established as singing, so the fact that you say it's not singing like you came to some amazing fruition baffles me with your extreme amount of idiocy.
Any band that yells/screams/utters any vocal sound that isnt singing. They seem particularly common in WoW pvp videos.

It's called vocals, they go in between. It was never established as singing, so the fact that you say it's not singing like you came to some amazing fruition baffles me with your extreme amount of idiocy.

You do realize that most of these downies doing "vocals" as you say think that they are singers, right?

No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, vocals involve singing in some way, even if it's terrible screaming throat-singing.
You do realize that most of these downies doing "vocals" as you say think that they are singers, right?

No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, vocals involve singing in some way, even if it's terrible screaming throat-singing.

It's all a matter of perspective. Calling a singer a "downy" makes you look very ignorant.
1. Justin Bieber
2. Selena Gomez
3. Lady Gaga
4. Britney Spears

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Also, please don't hate me.. But I have to agree.. The Beetles are a bit overrated. I never liked them to begin with though..
One Direction
That's because most of those downies can sing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EilaFXn7GOghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295l0SZw71M
This is the most insipid discussion of music I have ever witnessed. A true wasteland of ignorance.
04/03/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Theodoric
This is the most insipid discussion of music I have ever witnessed. A true wasteland of ignorance.

What kind of music do you enjoy, friend?
George Strait, The Beatles, Elvis, Michael Jackson, U2, Johnny Cash, every rap star, every country star, every rock star, every classical composer. In short, every music artist to have ever lived.
Creed/Nickleback = same terrible band.
Carly Rae Jepsen...
Nickleback
03/15/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Temnozar

LOL, what? Gorilla-howling sound? Overrated??? Are you a Beiber fan?
Disturbed isn't so much overrated as they are just plain awful
Marry me <3 Any band similar to Distrubed, is also terrible. I nominate Linkin Park to the front of that line.

Gotta toss Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, all the goofy single female pop singers in the ring. Ok, you stand there and sing and there's a small chance you even used a pitch modifier. Good for you.
Linkin Park.

That said, if only they had a competent producer, they probably could have been awesome enough to deserve all the recognition they get.
The Beatles, as much as I'm sure it's been said in this thread.

I mean, I LIKE The Beatles. I have all their albums and listen to them fairly often. But "best band ever"? Really guys? Come on.
GTFO, of wow now. No-body talks about Daft Punk like that and lives. Daft Punk is chuck norris's chilling music. Say !@#$ about them, he doesn't stay chilled. Daft punk is amazing with so many sounds and features in their songs. Featuring in the late movie Tron, and making that movie like 100000 %^-*ing times better. Daft punk is not a band, they are the one true electronic producers.
i'm not a fan of the generic pop music that is on the radios today so if i can state that then yeah bassicly turn on your radio (atleast in australia) and 90% of the music you hear is what i'd list :) but if i was to list a band that wasn't what i just mentioned i'd have to go with AC/DC personally i do dislike them they are ok and i can listen to them but in australia it's bassicly at the point where it's un-australian to dislike them