Disappointed in Legendary Staff

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Edited by Logoz on 5/10/11 1:56 PM (PDT) Dear Blizzard,

why is it that whenever ANYONE says "Dear [anyone]" they NEVER truly mean the word "dear" is almost like saying "dear" is a quasi-sarcastic way to say "I hate your guts"

I wish I could see some honest non-coaxed post of someone saying "Dear [Anyone]" and actually mean it.

I have been playing WoW for 6 years

And why should we care how long have you been playing? why should blizzard care how long have you been playing? in a QQ post (or even a legit complainging post, wich yours isn't) the longevity of your subscription is completely irrelevant and doesn't make your point more valid, more mature, or more solid. All your are saying when bragging about your subscription years is say "because I've been playing longer than most, you MUST hear me out"

news flash: doesn't matter if u've been playing for 6 years or 6 hours, QQ is QQ.

05/10/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Logoz
and I have never been more disappointed about anything in WoW than I am now in Dragonwrath.

and here comes the drama, because every proper QQ post must have the indispensable "this is the worst thing u've ever done" or "This is the most disapointing move I've ever seen"

it seems that the stats of an item are WAY worst than any other development desition gone bad in the past 6 years.

As a mage that has raided competively since Zul'Gurub came out in vanilla, and raided Naxx40 in a guild with 8 mages, 3 warlocks, 4 druids, and 3 priests

again, Irrelevant info. Why should we (or the devs for that matter) care how long have you raided? does your past experience makes your point more valid? does it make you "stand from the crowd"?

news flash: it doesnt.

I am very disappointed in the stats of the legendary staff, Dragonwrath.

You've said this already, rite here:

and I have never been more disappointed about anything in WoW than I am now in Dragonwrath.

Reiterating a point doesn't make it flashier, valid, more solid, or more important. All it does is show you had nothing to add to your post so you repeat info to act as "filler" and make it seem more complex.

Guess what: it isn't.

I excepted more than just a stat-stick with higher a iLvl than other caster weapons. I expected what all other legendaries before it had...something unique. Either a proc, on Use, or unique chance on hit/cast effect.

O_o SWEET LORD!!!! you traveled to the future!!!!!!! you managed to get your copy of dragonwrath before anyone else!!!!!!! lemme see your Feat of Strenght showing how u've attained it, and even got server first, and world first on dragonwrath..........

ohh wait, you didn't got it, nobody has, all you have to back up your info is datamined info from a BETA patch that is full of bugs, placeholders, and a HUGE to-do list.

You seem to honestly believe that since in the PTR there is no new Valor Point gear, or Conquest Point gear, then none is being added. Furthermore, you must also believe that all the bugs present in the PTR are also part of the intended Patch.

wow.

Take a look at all the legendaries in the game now.

Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=17182

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=19019

Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian:
http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=Atiesh%2C+Greatstaff+of+the+Guardian

Warglaive of Azzinoth:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=32838

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334

Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=46017

Shadowmourne:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=49623

dude, we KNOW what the other legendaries do, you linking them all just does what I said above, act as "Filler" info, meant to make your post look thicker without adding any actual usefull information. You are just repeating common knoledge without any real purpose.

I guess just saying "The other legendaries have usefull procs" would had been enough, but wait........ that would had made your post shorter, thus more "amateur looking" nope, u gotta inflate it to make it seem like a well tought post.

However as you already guessed: it isnt.

Dragonwrath really is just a higher iLvl stat-stick

you said that already.... rite here actually:

I excepted more than just a stat-stick with higher a iLvl than other caster weapons

and last but not least:

which is very disappointing considering how much hype there was building up to it.

you said this already. 3 times actually.

we get it, your point is "no proc+no uniqueness=Disapointing". Is repeating it some sort of mantra to make you look smarter? because I'll be honest with ya, it isn't working.

Please change Dragonwrath to be the legendary item people expect out of legendaries in WoW.

I supose the proc to turn you into a blue dragon as was stated on the preview of 4.2 isn't impresive enough for ya, or even legendary at all, but dude, it is for most other players.
Edit:

Oh! And just to clarify (since I saw this asked in another thread), Dragonwrath will not be BoE.

I'm not sure anyone would have the gold to pay for it if it was. O.O
as a moonkin I will be very VERY disappointed with the staff if the proc is a transformation effect, it removes moonkins from the lineup of ever hoping to get it for anything other than a shiny orange weapon, simply because transformation effects take us out of form so no matter how good the proc is taking something with that effect would be a dps LOSS.

GOOD THINKING BLIZZARD! cater to the masses more kthx /end sarcasm
and anyone hasnt mentioned this word.

reforge.
Um..you do know that the legendary staff turns you into a member of the Blue Dragonflight correct? According to MMO champion btw.

I am very disappointed in the stats of the legendary staff.

That's what she said!
05/10/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Powerforged
If a boomkin obtains the staff and procs/uses the buff will it knock us out of boomkin form like every other appearance changing item does? or will we finally be able to use costumes or even ride mounts?

Thaaat's actually something that I'd like to see be addressed. I mean, even if it's a "Use:" purely cosmetic effect - that's still completely alienating the Boomars
05/11/2011 04:28 AMPosted by Stublin
Thaaat's actually something that I'd like to see be addressed. I mean, even if it's a "Use:" purely cosmetic effect - that's still completely alienating the Boomars

It seems fairly obvious that the proc is the part that duplicates destructive magic, and that the shapeshifting "On use:" effect is going to be a travel form just like alchemists get.

My god, how can people be so stupid???? I guess they feel the need to complaint about anything
05/10/2011 04:20 PMPosted by Jgfjhgfpasgf
First off you can't start the quest line unless you have the Defender of a Shattered World achieve which will drastically cut back on the number of epic staves you will see, and wouldn't be surprised if they remove it later. Second, a good thought mentioned else where was most likely the proc of a blue dragon or whatever it might be will most likely give haste. Pretty sure Blizzard knows what they're doing guys and, oh, just taking a guess here, probably know what stats are favored for the classes in their game, just saying.

You can't tell that by their itemization. I don't think there is any class happy with the itemization on T11. Only a few classes think the 2 piece bonus is any good. See where I am going here?
05/10/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Powerforged
If a boomkin obtains the staff and procs/uses the buff will it knock us out of boomkin form like every other appearance changing item does? or will we finally be able to use costumes or even ride mounts?

You can thank your fellow druids for exploiting shape shifting items for the way it works now. A miniature skeleton running at travel form speed in WSG was very game breaking. Hard to see, hard to target and hax as flag carriers.
Logoz is a highly ranked Mage in DPS.

His opinion does matter as he's a world top class mage.

I'm almost as highly ranked as Logoz - and not in easymode 25man's either, and yet nobody cares about my opinion, now do they.

THIS STAFF SOUNDS BAD FOR DEMONOLOGY, WAY TO IGNORE MINORITY WARLOCKS AGAIN BLIZZARD U_U. I demand that this staff give me THREE Felhunters as a proc, Felhunters that I get to keep throughout the entire fight and they stack with each proc so I can have up to 100 of them.

Q * Q = 2Q not QQ

Indeed math is hard

Q*Q=Q^2
Q+Q=2Q
Math IS hard apparently
Also
Assuming Q is a string
Q+Q=QQ

THANK YOU

#include <iostream>

void main(){
String lol = "Q";

cout << lol + lol << endl;
}
05/10/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Restoosexual

That's actually be Q * Q, math is hard.
IM Sooo confused ... if you have 1Q and you add another 1Q then you would get 2Q ? so my understanding is E=MC squared x purple = stand in fire correct

Want for forum signature :(
I really do not care about this stupid staff anymore.
Apparently my guild has decided that senority in guild gets preferrence over performance.
They should just rename the guild "teamsters", and deal with the mediocrity that will continue to prevail.
That's a problem with your guild, not the staff. I feel for you though. Try finding a new guild? :/
05/10/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Yahtzee
The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight.

So from my understanding the staff will cast the same spell you did for the same amount of damage for example you get a 30k crit you will hit another 30k crit at the same global
man that will be overpowered

If that is true wouldn't this trivialize Affliction? :/
05/10/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Imnoturpet

That's actually be Q * Q, math is hard.

Q * Q = 2Q not QQ

Indeed math is hard

Actually I think Q * 11 = QQ, in the same way that 5 * 11 = 55, or 3 * 11 = 33
Omg ... no no no no NO... Please do not let it be so....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SVDy6DEYcE

I do not want to ride a "drake" model of Tarecgosa... I want to ride HER... Specifically her... as a mount. That drake model looks really bad but it is supposedly in-game... or it's datamined... I don't know what to believe.

If you guys already previewed the model of Tarecgosa then why the-shifting-into-a-mount for the legendary not her model... but instead a drake model? It is highly underwhelming to transform into another "drake" model".... It is time for this legendary to be truly legendary... Make it be a true dragon like the model of Tarecgosa you showed in the 4.2 preview... Please?

I am voicing my opinion now before the model for the flying mount (hopefully it is the on-use ability for the staff) is finalized.... Thanks :)

EDIT:

I just realized the initial part of this post can be considered... dirty... But please... It is not. Just wanted to clarify in terms of mechanics only... Riding in the sense of riding a mount... That is all :)