Our voices were heard!!

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 16 Next
05/10/2011 08:03 PMPosted by Jalice
The simple fact is that RBGs don't have the following that Arena has. Blizzard once said that they wanted to offer RBGs as an alternative way for people to gain PvP gear without having to do Arena. But now it seems that they are trying to force arena goers to do RBGs. That seems very hypocritical. But this shouldn't come as a suprise to many of us. The devs have obviously figured out that they simply cannot balance PvE and PvP as long as Arena is there to point out the glaring flaws in class balance. So they seem to want to get back to BGs as the class balances are hidden is the grand melee that are the BGs.

Actually pvp in general doesnt have the following that pve does.

Arena participation is way down too. Expect a good 50-60 percent drop from season 8 in terms of active teams. we are heading for another season 5 or maybe worse.
If this is true, i'll be sad. There aren't any real RBG teams on my server, and i'm not willing to PAy-Transfer jsut for conquest points. PvP is what i do when i can't raid, and RBGs have too high a barrier for entry with all the organization. I'd love to give it a try but finding 10 people to PVP together on my server is almost impossible. Guess it will be even harder to beat the arena teams from Illidan now.
Not a god damned chance. You think I am going to spend the time getting a crap load of people together just so I can participate in your failed RBG's idea? You think you can make me do it by only allowing 2/3rds of my conquest points to come from arena?

You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

I agree with this. It's ridiculous. I stopped raiding last year because I was so tired of the time sink...and waiting for people to log on....and organizing the raids. It became such a bore.

I started pvping because I could get in and out or play for hours. It was my choice. Rated battlegrounds will force me back into the chore of organizing groups of people.

I will probably cancel my account too. I am sick of having to invest 12-15 hours a week into the game just to see content, nevermind get gear.

0 rbg rated people crying about rbgs. lol.

Don't play it if you don't want to. It's fun for other people.

There are perks to playing them, but you can through the game without playing it.

There are perks to playing them, but you can through the game without playing it.

This is just dumb. What a bone-headed post this is. I mean...really? It's completely block-headed.

The POINT is that the people who are crying about rbg's who have a 0 rating don't WANT to be forced into playing rbg's in order to get their weekly conquest points capped.

DUH!

The people who arena don't have the time or resources to find a consistent 10-man rated BG group. Therefore, they play arena with 1-4 other people they know so that they can continue to enjoy the game.

I don't want to organize a 10 man rated bg group. I'll simply stop playing the game. There are numerous other games to play to get stuck being forced back into the grind that is WoW.

This is just dumb. What a bone-headed post this is. I mean...really? It's completely block-headed.

The POINT is that the people who are crying about rbg's who have a 0 rating don't WANT to be forced into playing rbg's in order to get their weekly conquest points capped.

DUH!

The people who arena don't have the time or resources to find a consistent 10-man rated BG group. Therefore, they play arena with 1-4 other people they know so that they can continue to enjoy the game.

I don't want to organize a 10 man rated bg group. I'll simply stop playing the game. There are numerous other games to play to get stuck being forced back into the grind that is WoW.

Exactly. It's not like I dont know what a BG is like.

Yes we can go through the game without playing it but in order to obtain all of the conqust points we are forced to play it.

I'm not going to accept the idea that my three characters are forced to find rbg teams in order to obtain a reasonable amount of arena points each week. It's hard enough finding the time to get in enough arena games with the recent nerf to conquest point awards per win.

Blizzards decision to make this an incentive to play RBGs will be all the incentive I need to stop playing this game.
Don't like this change either. Doesn't Blizz understand the amount of PvE servers who still have PvP players? Just because we don't want to be ganked in world PvP doesn't mean we don't want to be competitive. Our PvP community on alliance Kargath is a single RBG Guild. 1. I have no intention on changing guilds, or eating dirt for them to accept me.

The pool of RBG players is small cause there are tons of people who don't like it. Would I play RBGs? Hell yeah. I made a post on our realm forums looking for an RBG team and got 0 responses. I don't have a choice!

Please Blizz, see the pool of players available and don't punish us. Not every server had a thousand pvpers per faction to group with for RBGs.
Can't wait till the O BTW U ONLY GET 20 CONQUEST PER ARENA NOW. Sorry couldn't put it in the patch notes or it wouldn't have made it live/
I just don't understand why cant arena ( at least 3s) be on the same level as rated BGs conquest point cap wise? Does it really break the game to have those who don't wanna play objective based matches to have an equal playing field with those who play rated BGs.

I have never wanted to play rated BGs but I guess I will try and find a team now.
I agree 1000%.

Its funny that blizz delayed the t2 weaps at the beginning of the season cuz they did not want to force PvEr's to "have to" PvP to get 372 weaps for progression. Yet if you want to progress at any kind of reasonable lvl next season people who only enjoy arena are forced to organize 10 peeps and do rated bgs.

Fail logic is fail.
Agreed. Lets also make it so you can't cap your conquest points unless you play arena on thursdays at 9pm...while standing on your head...in shorts.
Bg's are !#%#ing retarded.

Arena is !#%#ing retarded.

But arena requires only a handful of people figuring up some sort of schedule. RBG's being the main source of conquest really !#%# people out of how they want to get their gear.

so essentially----I pvp for my pvp gear...but I can't get ALL my pvp gear through the form of pvp that works best for me because blizzard wants people to focus on rbgs now instead of arena?

We all understand that you guys suck at balancing classes in arena and all the qq you get from the pve crowd when you change something based on pvp and it effects their precious damage meters.

however

Don't screw us for your lack of insight. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to maintain any sort of rbg/raid schedule due to work. My realm is literally DEAD in terms of pvp. I think there's one rbg group on the alliance side that sucks, and the horde side has none. So you're telling me I'll either have to start my own team around my own constraints, put in a lot more effort into a venue that requires a lot less skill, in order to get what I'm ALREADY getting from arena, or server transfer and hope like hell that the money I spend on that isn't busted if/when I find a team to play on? What happens if that team dries up?

I did the bg team honor grinds back in classic. I remember all the drama and bull**%* that went with it. Go ahead and force that stupid @*%!ing system again. Old Republic can't come soon enough.
05/11/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Nerfbat
Agreed. Lets also make it so you can't cap your conquest points unless you play arena on thursdays at 9pm...while standing on your head...in shorts.

Singing "Row, Row, Row your boat"
PVE has a grind of heroics before you raid, where you choose to do either 10 or 25 man raiding, specifically, you CANNOT do both.

PVP has a grind of honor, before you PVP properly, where most people choose to either arena or RBG.

Why are PVPers now forced to do both RBG and Arena? It's like 'allowing' people to do 10 man and 25 man raiding. Blizzard admitted that by allowing that it was basically forcing people to do both for gear, and they didn't like that. It's the same with PVP, this 'forces' people to do both.
Blizzard puts things in the game (RBGs) and they are not for everyone so if you dont like em dont play. they lowered the cap because ppl were only doing arenas for points now you actually have to win a few more to get them. If you cant win 8/15 games in an arena well you shouldnt be playing arenas in the first place and should just do pve. everyone is mad because conquest isnt just given to you for the 5 games anymore, well thats good you want gear but dont wanna arena. To me that makes no sense.
and i have never been forced to do rbgs i think i have done a couple because i was bored but other than that they bore me
05/11/2011 02:56 PMPosted by Painsuppress
Blizzard puts things in the game (RBGs) and they are not for everyone so if you dont like em dont play. they lowered the cap because ppl were only doing arenas for points now you actually have to win a few more to get them. If you cant win 8/15 games in an arena well you shouldnt be playing arenas in the first place and should just do pve. everyone is mad because conquest isnt just given to you for the 5 games anymore, well thats good you want gear but dont wanna arena. To me that makes no sense.

No. They lowered the conquest pts awarded for Arena, and made it so RBGs give you twice as many points for a win.

That didn't exactly cause everyone to say "Hey, I'm going to do RBGs now!" Which is what Blizzard seems to be intending.

This change is Blizzard's new attempt at boosting representation in their RBG system to justify their added server costs.