Ask The Devs #7 - Professions (Answers)

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
Im a little disappointed nothign about engineering failures was brought up. They seem to be getting out of hand.

Rocket fuel leak practically kills you.
Absorb belt makes you take 300% increased damage

I'm as to why this is the only profession with backfires. Sure they were cute the first couple times, but it happens way to often.
Im a little disappointed nothign about engineering failures was brought up. They seem to be getting out of hand.

Rocket fuel leak practically kills you.
Absorb belt makes you take 300% increased damage

I'm as to why this is the only profession with backfires. Sure they were cute the first couple times, but it happens way to often.

The idea is to keep you from using them in raids. If engineering tinkers didn't backfire, they would be insanely overpowered. A profession that gives a haste buff, a rocket boost, an absorb shield, and many other benefits? The haste buff alone is already on par with or superior to the perks granted by other professions (and that one doesn't backfire).
Even when they didn't backfire, not all people in the good raiding guilds were engineers. A significant part, but not all.
This backfiring thing made engineering too much like other professions (unless you want to risk a raid wipe if you get unlucky).
05/16/2011 09:06 AMPosted by Kaivax
Top. Men.
I do have a question, I haven't seen it address but I may have over looked it. Could the alchemy Flask of Enhancement possible be patched to also increase stam for classes that are spec'd into the tanking trees? It would be nice to get my extra stam when im not in a raid.
One question I'd like is about Truegold, and the various other metals related to it such as titansteel. Now the problem I have about how miners (and in relation Blacksmiths and Engineers) are forced to rely on an outside source to make one of they Key mats for our good gear, be it an alt, guildie, or other random stranger. And miners are the only ones who's best items they provide for their respective professions is made by another profession. Now if this was materials for oh say a legendary now that would be an interesting for something like

Transmute: godmetal
Requires: Awesomeiron, Megathick hide, Superplant, big mysterious glowy crystal, ultrasoft velvet cloth.

Now that would be a good mixing thing, a special item that requires work from the professions for some superpowered legendary, but for a basic crafting metal? That's just silly
Obvious Troll about inscription gets blue post.

Engineers around the world wanting more than just "hur hur, you gets toyz" and we get nothing.

Obvious softball answers are obvious.
Will there be a way to distinguish profession nodes on the minimap for those that have two gathering professions? - Discordia (LA)

Why not just make profession nodes on the minimap different colors? Currently, they are yellow, making them the same as nonhostile mobs/NPCs/players if you can track those. Red and green are used for hostile and friendly mobs/NPCs/players.

Herbs could be blue. Mineral nodes could be brown.
05/16/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Zalvien
Nothing about Engineering? I am dissapoint. =/
I didnt take the time to read all the post's but from what I've been reading there seems to be alot of crybaby eng's on here, if you only knew how dumb you look with goggles on you wouldn't show them. They said that eng's will still have more pets / toy's than other classes so STFU crybaby's. What needs fix is skinning vs the other gathering pro's, I skin 60-75 critters & get 1 volatile from them, herb's & mining get volatiles with almost every node they gather. I find this unfair to skinners since the other gathers can sell their excess volatiles on the AH & can generate more gold...If your offended by what I said tuff luck:)

You are skinning the wrong mobs then. I get bloated stomachs galore in TB skinning spiders. No one is offended because you are the one who comes off looking bad. You call people crybabies and then come in and QQ about stuff.

Hello Mr Kettle.
Saw nothing about mah goggles. I am sadface.
05/16/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Nothing about Engineering? I am dissapoint. =/

This. Also, why can't I make new threads?
umm i still didnt get a reply on them adding back in the BC weapons and armors from the specialties blacksmith trainers.....

wish you all would consider adding them back in.

and are there any plans to remove scraps of leather from skinning ... this is a total insult and needs to be removed period any person worth a damn who skins doesn't make that many mistakes .. i can understand the first 10-25 points of a new skill set (aka say going from 300 to 325) but after that it shouldn't even be in the loot rolls for it.
ikr, i need to know if im getting a tier level helm or if i should pick up like... enchanting
Consider the possibilities of FARMING as a secondary profession......

Stake (claim) a piece of land
Buy more land, sell it off
Grow your own food
Raise your own livestock,
Support other professions (cooking, skinning, herbalism)

Maintain your crops for bigger yields
Set up farmers market for additional income
Sell livestock to meat vendors or leatherworking for skins
Find rare seeds, plants and abandoned livestock, eggs from loot or questing

I found it to be an interesting idea though i am certain you could conjure up additional applications to this list.

What do you think?

I personally think FARMING would be cool if it supported it's own minigame, and the things you grew and harvested were types of soldiers, and not plants.

i was also hoping they would talk about group disenchanting and perhaps some way to compensate enchanters, allow an opt-out for group disenchanting, or even moving disenchanting to a secondary profession... ...Anyway, even ignoring this, forcing free service isn't a disadvantage that fits the perk.

Try running instances without your runed rod in your bags. Can you DE if it's not with you?
Awesome that they are looking into being able to focus on an area in archy. So ridiculous to have to dig 25 NE sites before Uldum will pop.
very sad to see nothing about chanters getting to turn all those small low lvl shrds into large, we an do it with the higher lvl ones, why not the low lvl ones as well. this has been a thorn in my side for years. other issues addressed are looking good.