4.2 Conquest change

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
RBGs are not a failure and they do require skill. Try playing at the 2.4k mmr level in RBGs and tell me it's not competetive. Try fighting the top rated teams on Ally Tichondrius and Horde Blackrock. Those guys are doing RBGs seriously and they do require skill and coordination, just a different kind. Arena heroes beware, you aren't automatically good at RBGs so watch out or you'll get slapped around by the 'bads'.

The new changes to GY's made RBGs much more balanced. I think some maps still require some tweaking, but they'll get there. They are in a much better spot than can be expected because they are so new. For all you complainers find a guild that runs RBGs. Tonight my guild had 3 RBG groups going at the same time, all around 2k mmr. So good guilds are out there for RBGs you just gotta find them.

I'm 2.4k in arenas so I'm not bad at either aspect of pvp and have done a lot of both. RBGs were a step in the right direction for pvp. Good job Blizz, I support this change.

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

time investment vs high quality item should never be in pvp. Patch after patch you guys are implementing changes that ruin pvp competitiveness.

If you want people to spend more time in pvp, you could implement more cosmetic rewards, say for example achievements and additional titles (win 100/200/500 games above 1500/1750/2000 rating ), very cool weapon skins etc.

People should walk in to pvp with the best gear for a healthy and competitive pvp community.
what
I don't think Blizzard has ever "gotten" PvPer's. I don't do BG's for gear. I gear for BG's. I had an account four years ago were you got your honor, bought your purples and then played AV for hours at a time. We just want to play against other like geared players for the thrill of it. Now I'm a blue geared player getting owned by purples I can't begin to compete with and I'm still lining up for regular BG's. I can't beat them, but I can give them grief and that is still fun. Just fix it where we can all get the same gear and just spend our money endlessly fighting the same contests over and over. That's all we really want. PvP.
RBGs are not a failure and they do require skill. Try playing at the 2.4k mmr level in RBGs and tell me it's not competetive. Try fighting the top rated teams on Ally Tichondrius and Horde Blackrock. Those guys are doing RBGs seriously and they do require skill and coordination, just a different kind. Arena heroes beware, you aren't automatically good at RBGs so watch out or you'll get slapped around by the 'bads'.

The new changes to GY's made RBGs much more balanced. I think some maps still require some tweaking, but they'll get there. They are in a much better spot than can be expected because they are so new. For all you complainers find a guild that runs RBGs. Tonight my guild had 3 RBG groups going at the same time, all around 2k mmr. So good guilds are out there for RBGs you just gotta find them.

I'm 2.4k in arenas so I'm not bad at either aspect of pvp and have done a lot of both. RBGs were a step in the right direction for pvp. Good job Blizz, I support this change.

So what you're saying is transfer to a decently populated server with a good pvp community, and get in a good rbg oriented guild so you can participate in rbgs and reach the conquest cap even if you don't enjoy rbgs, just so you can remain competitive. If you can do it anyone can right? I like the way you think.

I think you're right just because rbgs weren't nearly as popular as blizzard was hoping they would be doesn't mean they are a failure, they just haven't motivated people enough to join them by taking the rewards away from arena right?
I say we bring back SKIRMISHES!!! :P
So what you're saying is transfer to a decently populated server with a good pvp community, and get in a good rbg oriented guild so you can participate in rbgs and reach the conquest cap even if you don't enjoy rbgs, just so you can remain competitive. If you can do it anyone can right? I like the way you think.

Not logical, if you want to remain competetive you would have already transfered to a good server with a good pvp community. The complainers are the ones who aren't competetive and want their welfare's in the least amount of time possible, hence the change.

If you look at the many of the top ranked arena players you'll see they are very active in RBGs. Look at Reckful, he's #1 in both arena and RBGs.
Bad job Blizz, I don't support this change.
Please stop forcing us to play the game the way you want it played. Not everyone that enjoys arena enjoys rated battlegrounds just like not everyone that enjoys 10 mans enjoys 25 mans. I think if this change goes through then the same should be done for pve. You shouldn't be able to get all your valor points through 10m and heroic 5 mans. You should have to do a bit of 25 mans to hit the valor cap each week because then it's only fair to the pvp people that you are forcing to group with 5-7 other people to reach their cap.

As far as it being faster. That is more or less due to the removal of arena ratings to obtain gear. Put those ratings back on and it then takes longer to get the gear initially just like when you're learning a new boss in pve.

Not logical, if you want to remain competetive you would have already transfered to a good server with a good pvp community. The complainers are the ones who aren't competetive and want their welfare's in the least amount of time possible, hence the change.

Yes. If you are competitive in 3v3 it's only because you are in a big rbg oriented guild. What?
I still don't understand why everyone thinks they are being forced into RBG's. Seriously, if you don't want to do them, don't. Enough said. Nobody is forcing you to do anything you don't want to. So that argument is out the window already.

Second, as it has been said before... Blizzard isn't making anyone's life a horrible mess because they cant cap out without doing the RBG's. And they are not trying to make it harder than PvE. As most of you have noticed at this current point in time you are required to raid to achieve capping valor points... I don't see people that only run heroics complaining about it. If they don't want to raid, they wont cap out on points.

I guess the keywords to recognize is "NOBODY IS FORCING ANYBODY TO DO WHAT THEY DON'T WANT TO DO". They are only giving you an alternative that would allow you to reach point cap. If you don't want to have that as an issue, get better at arena's and raise your overall weekly cap.
Here's kind of where I land on this: I'm thinking this is a bad decision by the powers that be. This isn't like the drop in conquest, or the change in the valor cap. The decision to require increased wins in arena was a necessary one...5 wins was flat out too easy. Plus that change didn't really require anything totally wild. If you liked arenas, big whoop...you just had to do more arenas, which shouldn't have been a problem.

With the change to the valor cap...I get it. PvE is PvE, and people shouldn't have been getting 1500 valor each week without even touching a raid. So, I'm completely down with that change. It gave people a serious goal without producing any real gimps to the PvE player base...they could still get as much (actually more) Valor than they could prior to the 4.1 change.

But this change is flat out ridiculous. I understand that Blizzard really wants to get people involved in Rated BGs. You've made that incredibly clear. But at this point, for example, my guild doesn't have 10 people that have 2400+ resilience. Heck, I would bet we've only got 3 people with that amount. So, those RBGs weekly challenges are out. Not a big deal, we're just not getting guild xp that we didn't get before the patch. We're not losing anything. But we actually do want to get involved with the RBGs, and for more than just the xp...we want to get the guild into PvP.

But now, while we're trying to get competitively geared...we're further gimped. Now, we can't get those 1343 weekly points from the arena...that's reduced to about 850. Now, that vicious chest takes 3 weeks instead of two to obtain. That 2-handed weap? How about 5 weeks.

Look, if you're worried about the loot...don't allow it in PvE. Make the weapons/gear where they can't be equipped while in an instance. To be honest, not a solution I would necessarily like, as I'm using the PvP wand/dagger right now...but one I would accept.

But you've now honestly and sincerely made it so that players are faced with either not being able to reach a weekly cap, reducing their conquest points available should they choose not to, or be unable to, get a competitive group for the rated BGs.
05/13/2011 04:34 AMPosted by Dreadlycan
Second, as it has been said before... Blizzard isn't making anyone's life a horrible mess because they cant cap out without doing the RBG's. And they are not trying to make it harder than PvE. As most of you have noticed at this current point in time you are required to raid to achieve capping valor points... I don't see people that only run heroics complaining about it. If they don't want to raid, they wont cap out on points.

Like I said...there's a total and complete difference between the valor capping and the change in the conquest cap. Prior to 4.1, only 490 valor points were achievable before raiding. Since, that number has been upped to 980 points weekly from heroics.

No, nobody at blizzard is putting this in the ToS, or fining people or suspending accounts that don't do the BGs. No one is being forced.

But they are creating a severe competitive imbalance. It's already some what irritating getting ROMFL stomped in regular BGs or arena by teams that are loaded out in full vicious gear. But now, if I want all of my weekly conquest, I've got to struggle to find 9 other undergeared players (or a friend willing to get beaten) to get destroyed in a BG if I DO want to cap my conquest?

I would be perfectly fine with this change if Blizzard could ensure that I face teams that are similarly geared...but that's not the case.

Honestly, to be truthful, this probably isn't going to have an effect on me...I usually only do 10-20 arenas per week, and tend not to fare too well in them, though I'll get very close to my cap...then I'll spend the rest of my weekly PvP time in BGs.

But the change does seem pretty unnecessary.
But the same could be said if I want to cap out on Valor, I have to find 9 competent AND GEARED players that know how to not stand in fire. (which seems to be more difficult than it really is with most players) And then make a wipe fest while trying to teach people new boss techniques, while the whole time having a constant massive REPAIR BILL. Not saying gold is hard to come by. But seriously, you think i want to deal with those Rtards?