4.2 Conquest change

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
Can someone tell me how I can ignore Ultimate's posts?
Click his character name then the red circle.

05/12/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Prozangel
05/12/2011 10:49 PMPosted by Strongbeard
That's the beauty of it. They're not forcing you to do anything. It's why it's called an incentive.

an incentive would be if rated BG's gave an extra 33% more conquest points on top of your cap, but as it is right now, you have to do rated BG's or else you will only be stuck with 66% of your conquest point cap, and like i said before i do arena on 5 toons, so getting capped is going to be impossible with this change.

oh well blizzard loves to turn everything into a grindfest, im honestly surprised it took them this long to get around to making arena a huge grindfest like everything else

People want to be competitive in arenas. So by default, they want/need the best gear. Too obtain gear as fast as possible now, you'll have to do RBGs (something that the majority of ARENA people don't want to grind).

Comparing this to PvE is pointless also. Heroic dungeons > Raids > Heroic Raids is a clear progression path. You have to raid to get max Valor. All three aspects are PvE on a different scale.

Arena and RBGs are two completely different things. Stop treating them as such.

YES there should be a grind. You should HAVE TO WORK for your rewards.

This is just plain idiotic. PvP play should be more skill based instead of steamrolling players with less gear/resil than you. PvP gear has always been relatively easy to obtain in comparison to PvE gear just for this reason.

PvE is designed around little skill, little gear checks. PvP is supposed to be designed around skill based play which is why the design is the way it is. You don't tell people playing FPS games that they have to hit max level to get the same health pools as other players. It's the same design. Ranking up has it's perks of even faster gearing and better weapons yes but turning PvP into a raiding style gear grind will break the system.

Take this same idea you have, which is a good idea, and compare it to EVERY SINGLE FPS game out there... Guess what they have RANKS... No matter how much you QQ about it, the MORE time you spend the higher your RANK does, and the better you are, the more points you get... IF YOU DO MORE, you should get REWARDED MORE. THE END!

You cant buy CoD:BO and just WISH you were rank 70... You have to work for it... PVP is too easy to Acquire gear... and YOU ALL KNOW THAT!
05/12/2011 10:53 PMPosted by Bullettime
Click his character name then the red circle.

Thank-you, ma'am.
Have a feeling this is gonna get reverted with the amount of backlash. Haven't seen the forums this up in arms since the real id incident.

And Ultimate, being max rank in most competitive games doesn't give you an ultimate gun or double health pools since they're based around skill play. Rank up is for epeen and bragging rights.
05/12/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Prozangel

ALT + F4... I have a voice on here, until someone from Blizzard says I shouldn't.
OK, so first in Cata you remove the rating requirement to get certain pieces of gear which ultimately makes everything a lot more accessible.

Now you turn around and almost force you to participate in rated battlegrounds to reach the cap you earned? That just doesn't seem right at all. The end-all goal of PvP is to get the gear to do better IN arena in or battlegrounds etc, whether you have all the gear earlier than others shouldn't make a huge difference if you're not doing anything with it.

It also seems slightly hypocritical that the company that continues to dish out the "We want to make the game more accessible to everyone" would make a change that ultimately is going to make a vast amount of players HAVE to play a game feature that doesn't interest them in order to stay efficient with acquiring the gear that will help them get better at whatever they do, whether it's RBG's or Arena. Not even going to mention the elephant in the room concerning PvE realms and their communities...

I hope the arena community doesn't let this one slide too easily...
Have a feeling this is gonna get reverted with the amount of backlash. Haven't seen the forums this up in arms since the real id change.

Yeah, there's no way this change will stand.
an incentive would be if rated BG's gave an extra 33% more conquest points on top of your cap, but as it is right now, you have to do rated BG's or else you will only be stuck with 66% of your conquest point cap, and like i said before i do arena on 5 toons, so getting capped is going to be impossible with this change.

oh well blizzard loves to turn everything into a grindfest, im honestly surprised it took them this long to get around to making arena a huge grindfest like everything else

It will be difficult. However, it won't be impossible. And not everyone has five toons they work on to obtain arena gear. I'm sure Blizzard didn't have that thought immediately in mind when they created this idea. Does it suck for you? But of course. However, at least you are still getting your Conquest either way per week. It just means you'll be down five hundred, that's all.
05/12/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Ultimate
RBG are the closest thing you can have to a Raid. PVP doesn't have a repair bill... but PVE does, and a group of 10 and 25 people could wipe for HOURS on a boss, and only get 2 or 5 pieces of loot, while you take 10 PVP people and if they all do good, they ALL get gear at the same time, and you don't even spend a FRACTION of the time that PVE does. How can you EVER COMPLAIN!

Dude, no matter how fast you keep spamming your jibber jabber in this thread, no one that is here to post seriously on the topic at hand is going to respect a single one of your whacked opinions. I can see why you want to post anonymously, but do yourself another favor and just stop.
all in all rbgs in the current state suck *** nobody plays them for a reason
05/12/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Xista
Have a feeling this is gonna get reverted with the amount of backlash. Haven't seen the forums this up in arms since the real id change.

Yeah, there's no way this change will stand.

I'm just curious, what did you say when they first told you guys, a few patches ago, that Conquest points were going to get harder? Did you say that exact same thing? Minus a few changes, that system is still in place.
05/12/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Digitallag
all in all rbgs in the current state suck *** nobody plays them for a reason

now we have to play them in order to be competitive in arena, aren't you excited? i cant wait to gear up all of my alts by doing rated BGs
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds. We see the fact that participating in Arenas is by far the superior way of obtaining top-notch PvP gear, in terms of time investment, as a problem. If you want to maximize your Conquest Point gains in patch 4.2, you'll need to participate at least a little bit in Rated Battlegrounds.

We know this may not sound very appealing to those of you who have grown accustomed to spending as little as an hour a week getting the top PvP currency in the game via Arenas over the last couple of expansions. To put things in perspective though, the total number of items that can be purchased with Conquest Points today is much larger than what you used to be able to buy with Arena Points pre-Deathwing world explosion. And there is no longer a requirement to “grind” unrated BGs for Honor each season, so the real time investment isn't changing as much as some players are perceiving it to be.

On top of that, the frank reality is that the total time investment required in season 9 to get all your points has been much, much too low, as you could do that from a few 2v2 Arena games each week completed in less than an hour’s time. It shows that Rated Battlegrounds are currently sub-par in terms of the rate at which points can be accumulated.

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

Im down with that. Thank for explaining.
Nice how a call for civility was ignored... You know, for the people who claim to PvP for the fun of it, answer me this: if you PvP for the fun of it, and not the gear (and by extension the points that get you the gear), why are you so up in arms over this? If you PvP to PvP, having the points altered shouldn't be changing how you play in any manner! The only change will be that you'll have to PvP a little bit more to get your gear! Please, explain to me why having your Conquest points capped from Arena lower than what you'd get from RBG is so horrible. Give me a rational argument for why it's bad. As Strongbeard pointed out, you aren't being forced to do RBGs to cap out; no one can force you to do it. Again, if you PvP to PvP, not capping out your conquest points every week in arena shouldn't be an issue. So, again: Give me a good reason why this change should be reverted, other than that you want to get your gear NOW instead of having to wait an extra week or two.

I really hate to generalize, but the reactions I've been seeing in here really get me to believe that PvPers are some of the most self-entitled people who play this game, even worse than the 'hardcore' raiders, and I dislike them, too.