Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
When the hell did WoW become an asian MMO? Not paying for something ontop of the cost of my subscription. Race changes and server changes sure, but the ability to do something in-game like group with friends on something that was free before (realID), no.

Way to go blizz.
I was extremely excited and happy with Blizzard.

And then Activision informed me I would be paying for the pleasures. No thank you. You have actually just made me very sad on this side of the keyboard. A prospect I was excited to participate in since RID's inception aaaaaaand the realization that I will not pay for it.

Poor form.

yea, who would have guessed that with all the hype, and exploration into RealIDs purpose was so that they could set up pay plans and premium services to use it...
Highly Rated
yeah was excited.... but i won't pay for it :(
05/17/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Lizzybordan
certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based,

Does not mean the actual ability to group with people x server. "Certain Elements" does not mean EVERYTHING about it.

So just keep your panties un-bunched for now...At least until they actually say we have to pay for it.

A bit too late for the "calm down" speech.
Highly Rated
What will we get to pay for next? A working cross-realm ignore list, true Bind on Account transfers, cross-realm raiding?
Highly Rated
yet another cool feature i wont use because you expect to take every last penny of your userbase.
Highly Rated
05/17/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Nethaera
It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based,

Well, to hell with that then.

Does not mean the actual ability to group with people x server. "Certain Elements" does not mean EVERYTHING about it.

So just keep your panties un-bunched for now...At least until they actually say we have to pay for it.

Actually, it says

"certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service"

So it would appear, from this sentence, that you would have to be premium to invite.
Highly Rated
First, I was like :)

And then:

I was :(

That about covers it for me as well. Nice try, but I won't be paying more money for this feature. :/

This.
05/17/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Lizzybordan

"Premium-based" is corporate-speak for paid service.
whats my $15 a month going to, this of course is after I purchased vanilla and 3 xpacs. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a premium for services such as these but it does make one wonder what are all of those 'services' one pays for every month. O.o

It does sound like a cool system regaurdless of other factors.
Interesting information on the new feature having an extra cost (probably recurring?).

From the phrasing Nethaera used - that it's "fairly complex service to develop", I'm speculating that justification for developing the service was based on recouping costs via an extra charge.

I think there may be a stronger negative reaction to this than for other extra-cost features, as it pretty much replicates an already existing core game feature (dungeon grouping) merged with another free game feature (Real ID). Players have a wide range of expectations about what 'should' be part of the core game; my guess is that more will think of this as a 'should be free with subscription' feature than say, remote auction house on your phone or a race change.

However, even if most players do not like it, they probably won't quit over it, so their dislike will have no effect. As for those who do like it, even a small fraction of WoW's huge playerbase subscribing will mean additional income for Blizzard.

I think it will work out in Blizzard's favor, but it is at the same time a little disturbing. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend for gameplay-related services requiring an extra fee.
Highly Rated
Alright Blizzard. Drop this feature and get to work on a time machine, then use that time machine to prevent the agreement that allowed Activision to devour Blizzard.

Then, get back to this and offer it for free.
See what happens when people suggest that they would pay for a feature like this or buying flight points for alts or achievement point transfers to new mains or whatever dumb idea you people have? Blizzard implements it and then hundreds more people pop up saying it should be free and how greedy Blizz is when it was a player-idea to pay for it in the first place.

If you don't want to pay it, then don't pay it and stop QQing. It's not REQUIRED. No one's holding a gun to your head.

I'd honestly rather they make the people that use these services pay for themselves, then increase subscription fees across the board for EVERYONE whether they use the services or not, in order to have the money to pay for it.
Highly Rated
Honestly, if I wanted to pay for things like this I would play a FTP MMO. Yes I know it is optional, and I will not be using it.
Highly Rated
First, I was like :)

And then:

certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service.

I was :(

Yeah, charging for in game features is a line that WoW hasn't crossed before this announcement, and I hope it will be reconsidered. Are they going to charge us an extra $2/month to raid Firelands next?