How do I speak horde/alliance

General Discussion
I see horde always yelling and in common it looks like lol or other junk. seen alliance do the same. So can anybody tell me how and what words there are?

Also, sorry for some letter not upper case...my shift key is messed up, have to hold it on the left side and its actually kinda wide so i miss it a lot
Said players are breaking the rules when they circumvent the chat system to talk with the opposite faction. Do not do it.
Yeah I see it a lot in BGs and always wondered how to do it [what number, letter combos it took] but it breaks ToS and will get you the ban hammer. Alliance like to yell You Lose all the time but I wouldnt take a chance on it.
You can typically only spell out letters to form words. As others have noted, it is a violation of ToS and a reportable offense.
It's against the rules, but there are plenty of sites out there that explain it in painful detail.. Just google it.

Don't do it, but feel free to research it. :D
I know like This in common comes out as Thor in Orcish but I don't know how I know that.
I report those people who think they are so cool. horde and ally alike, though since I am horde, I hear it mostly from alliance yelling "Y O U L O S E" .
05/21/2011 11:34 AMPosted by Milsa
How on earth is typing certain letters to form words in another factions language a bannable offense? If anything I'd say that player is quite clever in figuring it out. Why the ban? I get cussed out in dungeons left and right by the same faction and someone gets banned for saying LOL to the opposite faction? This sounds a little backwards to me.
Blizzard doesn't want the factions communicating. That's why the language barrier exists in the first place.

B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users.
When engaging in Chat, you may not:
(viii) Communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction (e.g. Horde communicating with Alliance or vice versa)

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html
05/21/2011 11:34 AMPosted by Milsa
How on earth is typing certain letters to form words in another factions language a bannable offense? If anything I'd say that player is quite clever in figuring it out. Why the ban? I get cussed out in dungeons left and right by the same faction and someone gets banned for saying LOL to the opposite faction? This sounds a little backwards to me.
I agree to some extent but both are violations. We are not supposed to be able to talk to other factions is the reason as far as blizz is concerned.
05/21/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Palehorsesix
I agree to some extent but both are violations. We are not supposed to be able to talk to other factions is the reason as far as blizz is concerned.

Except for Thrall and Jaina. That's fine.

EDIT: I know...not relevant.

NPCs have time to study foreign languages. We, the players, are usually too busy killing things to learn.

Plus Thrall and Jaina are "Special Friends".
05/21/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Moanshadow

Yeah but i believe they got a little something going on. Besides it's thrall and he can do whatever he likes lol.
05/21/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Palehorsesix
Yeah I see it a lot in BGs and always wondered how to do it [what number, letter combos it took] but it breaks ToS and will get you the ban hammer. Alliance like to yell You Lose all the time but I wouldnt take a chance on it.

D a p Ee bb
05/21/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Sîd
Yet players can't communicate, because 'boo hoo, he said something mean!'

Actually, it's players can't communicate cross faction because we break every chat channel rule in the book when we do.

We've proven to Blizzard we can't be trusted with this. I don't expect them ever to lift this particular barrier.
For stupidity, this rule is at the highest.

Kind of funny that you can talk to opposite faction NPC's that give quests. Or that there are 'factions' of horde/alliance that work together.

Yet players can't communicate, because 'boo hoo, he said something mean!'

...Even though we deal with this crap from our own factions quite often.

Originally Alliance and Horde were supposed to communicate, and they did in the Alpha/Beta IIRC.

But then players were immature and were extremely rude so they took it away and made it so only Forsaken and Alliance could communicate.

Players were immature again, and they took it away entirely.
I never seen alliance doing it, only horde and usually just "l o l" or 'hahaha with other trash near it'.