How do you get 550 skinning for bosses?

Professions
LIke, Nef. req 550 skinning? Is that even possible?

Even with enchants and a worgen?

And he's a dragon he should be skinable.

Anyone have any idea how to get to 550?
550 is barely possible.

Worgen can get up to 540 with their racial bonus, and then an extra +10 from Finkle's Skinner or the Zulian Slasher (the first is a drop from the Beast in UBRS and the second is a level 85 weapon from ZG).
550 is barely possible.

Worgen can get up to 540 with their racial bonus, and then an extra +10 from Finkle's Skinner or the Zulian Slasher (the first is a drop from the Beast in UBRS and the second is a level 85 weapon from ZG).

Add in a skinning enchant to gloves and they can get to 555.
So its impossible for any Horde to ever skin him? Yeah, that sounds fair, and you Alliance scum claim Blizz favors horde.........
525 + 2x +10 weapons (Only dual wield classes that can use swords) +5 from the enchant.

550 Skinning is possible for rogues and warriors of the Horde.
Us tauren duids just left out in the cold?

Blizzard is SO unfair. This is akin to Jim Crow laws, or taxation without representation. OR ME HAVING TO PUT THE SEAT DOWN!
First what you get from skinning him?
And since I'm NE Druid I can kiss skinning Nef goodbye =(

I guess DK and enhance shammy can also skin Nef too on top of mentioned above

Blizzard is SO unfair. This is akin to Jim Crow laws, or taxation without representation. OR ME HAVING TO PUT THE SEAT DOWN!

But you can pick herbs in a third of the time as other races. ;)

But you can pick herbs in a third of the time as other races. ;)

That's different. And perfectly fair.
Wait, 550? Is Nef level 90? I thought raid bosses were 88. Which would require 540 skinning, but thats a little more reasonable than 550.
trying to bring this subject up again as Beth'tilac is skinnable at 550.

Would like an official Blizzard response this. Is this intentional that Blizzard makes mobs unskinnable to certian toons?
if bliz wants then unskinnable, they should just make the unskinnable
06/30/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Hexmas
if bliz wants then unskinnable, they should just make the unskinnable

that's kinda the point. Why make something skinnable to only a select few, of the right race, or right race/class combo with some random super rare drop. Makes no sense whatsoever.
ran into this last night... wtf

as im the only skinner in my raid its kind of hard to skin things if there is no way i can get my skinning that high, other than spending an absurd amount of money for a race change simply to skin a boss.
525 + 2x +10 weapons (Only dual wield classes that can use swords) +5 from the enchant.

Hunters and DKs can also dual wield.

Hunters and DKs can also dual wield.

As well as enhance shaman. (assuming they are Dual wielding the dagger from UBRS)
that's kinda the point. Why make something skinnable to only a select few, of the right race, or right race/class combo with some random super rare drop. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Well it's not an ultra rare drop. I went into UBRS with the intention of farming 2 of Finkle's Skinner. You know how many times I had to kill The Beast? Two! And I remember it dropping for me before that. At that time I vended it thinking how silly a weapon with +10 skinning was.

But I see your point. The most anything in the game should require to skin is 525 in skinning and the +5 from the enchant (anyone can bring extra gloves), unless they put more "skinning" weapons(etc.) in the game.
I can't believe no one has realized that maybe blizzard was just making it so that they didn't have to change these mobs to skinnable next expansion when 550 will be easy