Raid Updates for 4.2

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next

Players getting to 85 and raiding in easy mode is not exactly the destruction of mankind. They can still learn and get gear for the Firelands stuff... it will even give raiding guilds a bigger pool of raider-replacements.

Good players will still be good and lesser players can wait on the Firelands nerfs.

It's all for the best really.

I agree with you, however I view the nerfing of current normal content as unnecessary. On one side you have lazier players who won't even clear the content regardless, and on the other you have people who would like to learn to raid. One side doesn't even get what it wants from the nerf, and the other is done a disservice.
Do other developers patch out normal modes in their games after a certain amount of time? If I don't finish a game in the first few months I don't automatically get downgraded to easy. Why is blizzard doing the same thing. If they really want people to see the content just add an easy mode with all these nerfs. I don't even care if it gives the same gear. My guild hasn't cleared this tier of raiding yet. We're stuck on certain fights like Chimaeron and Ascendant Council but I figured even if we don't get Nefarion or Cho'gall before 4.2 we would be able to do a few firelands bosses and come back to kill the t11 end bosses slightly over geared and get them. This robs my sense of satisfaction in doing so.
He he... I suspect this is an alt making a false claim to try to make a point.

Regardless... you have seen less than half of the current raids.

If that is as far as you have gotten by now then you really weren't going to get much further anyway (because it will become harder and harder to get into a tier 1 raid soon). Actually the nerfs will make it more likely that you might get to see the tier 1 raids.

Um, not an alt, and not a false claim. It's not that I've gone in and been unable to down the later bosses...it's that I haven't had the time to even go see them. Like, right I haven't down Maloriak, but not because I've spent hours trying...it's because I just haven't had the time to even get there. Just because it'll take me a lot longer to get to the last bosses of t11 doesn't mean I'll be unable to down them once I do.

Edit: If Blizz didn't drop t11 gear to be purchasable with Justice Points, and if they didn't nerf all the t11 raids, there'd still be people raiding t11. That's the point I'm trying to make here. Blizz could still keep t11 valid while bringing in Firelands.

If they had left the difficulty stand as it is, you would have been pretty sad come 4.2.

Why? Because any remotely sucessful guild would be in the Firelands, and the tier 1 raids would have been a total misery to even attempt with what players were left over (the ones that didn't progress).

The nerfs mean that even with lesser-skilled (or possibly more casual) players, you should still be able to find a guild or pug to run with.

In short... you actually stand to benefit from the nerfs more than most.

Ummm sorry to say but it matters to me. I've only had a chance to down 2/12 and I feel like I'm being robbed of my experience of downing them when they are challenging.

Then... as they say "step it up noob".

You had plenty of time.

I'm SO sorry! I'll get right on it and have 12/12 by the end of the week. *Sarcasm*

I'm a casual player (no not someone who sucks just someone who cant play all the time) and I'm apart of my guilds Team 2 that doesn't have a real group formed yet. I'm sure you dont have any problems with pugging 4 to 6 people (at least 2 of them being healers) but we prefer to be 100% sure that everyone cooperates and works together and not get a bunch of random people who cant pull their own weight.

And before you say it I'm NOT leaving my guild. I like my guild, the people are fun, understanding and well coordinated. I am NOT going to wine to my guild that I want 12/12 before the next patch. Its childish and THEY should not pay for the fact that Blizz has chosen to cater to people who feel that they should be GIVEN the ability to walk through a raid even tho they probably wont even finish it.
Wow Blizzard....

wow.

Seriously, this nerf is not needed. As you have said before, an encounter is nerfed over time, by getting gear.

Firelands will nerf this content by giving you gear.
20% is far too much.
This does make sense to nerf it because of the upcoming tier, but vp items being sold for jp? So people can do normals to get full ilvl 359 gear? Not good at all.

Ummm sorry to say but it matters to me. I've only had a chance to down 2/12 and I feel like I'm being robbed of my experience of downing them when they are challenging.

You had plenty of time. Clearly you were not up to the challenge.

This is rather oxymoron statement in all regards.

WTF is this supposed to mean? Its okay to screw others for the people drastically less skilled or able to perform?

The same could be said about the nerfs "sorry but your just not skilled enough to move on, get better please".

Seriously greed and lack of empathy is disheartening to see here, your priorities shouldn't be placed above others of equal status.

Players getting to 85 and raiding in easy mode is not exactly the destruction of mankind. They can still learn and get gear for the Firelands stuff... it will even give raiding guilds a bigger pool of raider-replacements.

Good players will still be good and lesser players can wait on the Firelands nerfs.

It's all for the best really.

I agree with you, however I view the nerfing of current normal content as unnecessary. On one side you have lazier players who won't even clear the content regardless, and on the other you have people who would like to learn to raid. One side doesn't even get what it wants from the nerf, and the other is done a disservice.

To be fair, there are still a good number of people in the middle of your examples. There are a fair number of guilds that try but fail... that take the 1st few bosses, but just can't move on. These guilds will get the extra push to make the grade.

I have been in a couple of casual-raid guilds exaclty like this... one could not down the LK until the full ICC buff was in effect. They try, but just aren't particularly good. These nerfs are for them.
If it bothers you so much that "I never got to see the normal modes as they currently are!" then get off your duff and go see them. This is a good change.
This is unfortunate. I dont get why Blizzard is listening to the minority of people complaining about how "hard" the content is. I am also pretty sure that a cm said that the content gets nerfed over time by getting new gear.

I have been in a couple of casual-raid guilds exaclty like this... one could not down the LK until the full ICC buff was in effect. They try, but just aren't particularly good. These nerfs are for them.

The thing is that this isn't simply a nerf. It's a nerf on top of a nerf because of the gear which will be available. Even those people in the middle range you speak of will find it to be too much. Rather than it taking a little while and being a little bit of a challenge as it would be with most nerfs, this will be a cakewalk.
I'm SO sorry! I'll get right on it and have 12/12 by the end of the week. *Sarcasm*

I'm a casual player (no not someone who sucks just someone who cant play all the time) and I'm apart of my guilds Team 2 that doesn't have a real group formed yet. I'm sure you dont have any problems with pugging 4 to 6 people (at least 2 of them being healers) but we prefer to be 100% sure that everyone cooperates and works together and not get a bunch of random people who cant pull their own weight.

And before you say it I'm NOT leaving my guild. I like my guild, the people are fun, understanding and well coordinated. I am NOT going to wine to my guild that I want 12/12 before the next patch. Its childish and THEY should not pay for the fact that Blizz has chosen to cater to people who feel that they should be GIVEN the ability to walk through a raid even tho they probably wont even finish it.

I was actually being sarcastic with the "noob" statement... and I edited it out afterwards.

Anyway, read my post that is just above your last one as to why this nerf is fantastic for you (and i am not being sarcastic here).
I dont post on the forums much, just plainly no blizzard this is way too early

The thing is that this isn't simply a nerf. It's a nerf on top of a nerf because of the gear which will be available. Even those people in the middle range you speak of will find it to be too much. Rather than it taking a little while and being a little bit of a challenge as it would be with most nerfs, this will be a cakewalk.

I just don't see that as a problem... they get a little cakewalk, farm it for a few weeks and stroll into Firelands with everyone else.

Odds are, they will perform much the same there... if they get better, they beat Firelands before it's nerfed... if not, they use the nerfs and move on to the next raid.

It lets the middle-skilled people get to move on as long as they are trying.
05/24/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Schermantel
This does make sense to nerf it because of the upcoming tier, but vp items being sold for jp? So people can do normals to get full ilvl 359 gear? Not good at all.

you very slow to know that about now
-.- this is just sad.
the raids dont need tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

Normal/hard modes have absolutely burnt me out on raiding. I'm so tired of doing the same content over with a twist. What was so wrong about having one raid difficulty?
Now its beat all normal mode bosses week 1-2. Followed up by beating your head against the same content that is 3x the difficulty.
Dont really dont see a big deal in this nerf as long as they dont nerf other raids....I can see why they nerfed these raids keep in mind that level 60-80 raids are pretty much done and these are the STARTER raids so it'll give the noobs some preparation for firelands and other raids that should be difficult, basically I think blizzard is trying to to "scale the skill" of WoW player if that makes sense