Raid Updates for 4.2

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
did you really have to nerf the trash mobs

really

the trash mobs
can we get more clarifications on some mechanic changes that will affect heroic too? you say normal modes only but i know for a fact some of these mechanics that are changed coudln't be changed wthout affecting heroic counter part.

for example
feedback on aliakir only has one spellid in the game period, unless patch 4.2 went out of way to add a new spellid only for normal mode, changing the duration of 87904 will affect ALL 4 modes.

that's just one example but there are several. but we need more information. nefarian shadow blaze, is it gonna stay 15 on normal only and still dorp to 10 on heroic? this is very important to know cause it's literally a raid wiping mechanic i you get the timing wrong. so we really need a list of what modes all these changes affect to make nessesary changes.
also
Gathering Strength cast time has been increased
how much?

also as a boss mod author i need to know where to make timer changes.
I'm not surprised to see this happen. Pretty much every single raid out there receives some bit of nerfing when the next tier becomes available.

I'm I correct in my assumption that 359 gear being purchasable means dropped items as well? I can't decide if they are talking about off-pieces or just tier gear.

Anyways, I think this can also be taken as a vague response to the "easy mode" raid threads out there. They aren't interested in making current content trivial in nature, but will increase accessibility when the new tier comes. Exactly how it should be.

did you really have to nerf the trash mobs

really

the trash mobs
Trash boss is hard man! We always joke about it when the trash packs in BoT wipe the floor with us. It is actually more amusing than frustrating considering we've had the place on farm for a while.
05/24/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Aedilhild
Great changes, as they'll allow the rank-and-file of most guilds to organize both main and alt runs with reasonable expectations for success; as well as keep Tier 11 content attractive as a mainstream option to gear for Firelands.

My guild has plenty of t11 left to finish up. we might try banging on a t12 boss just to get spanked around, but i really want us to go through t11 first. id rather be a tier behind but at least have all my friends back playing again and having fun then not playing at all.
To clarify, will the token-based tier 11 gear be available for JP as well, or only the ones that already cost VP now?
I'm glad to see them actually nerfed instead of giving players a super buff like in icecream citadel or heroic pugging. I know I'm a minority and most people don't care about it, but I hate handing out power ups like that since they feel like you're cheating and cheapen your character.

Having a curve is a good thing. That was just a bad way to do it. And this is the right way to do it.
I'm not too sure about this one...
as long as they are only nerfing the normal mode, there should be no problem.

If they neft the heroic mode to that extent, then i would start to get worried a bit..

The only thing that matters to me is tier 12 Firelands gear being just as inaccessible to people who can't equip themselves this tier. ;) Those people will never be able to equip themselves with the legendary.

Why does this matter to you?
You might as well just delete BWD and BOT as they will be ignored just like Ulduar did. Were you happy Blizzard when everyone just ignored a raid you spent millions of dollars on just to run heroics and TOC for easier to gain loot? How many Ulduar PUGs did you clock after LFD + ICC was released?

Your trivializing the last bit of content you put out yet again and for what? So some forum whiners can complain about the next raid tier being too hard while ignoring the previous raid completely like they did last expansion.
05/24/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Pugmaster
My guild has plenty of t11 left to finish up. we might try banging on a t12 boss just to get spanked around, but i really want us to go through t11 first. id rather be a tier behind but at least have all my friends back playing again and having fun then not playing at all.

Indeed. My guild lost about a third of its raiding roster between January and February between frustrated players and intimidated fence-sitters. Our progression group finally managed to clear normal content this week, but the question remained as to where the majority of members could be taken in order to enjoy themselves and be satisfied with their performance. This announcement changes priorities, and very much for the better.
The scale of these nerfs will make the encounters so easy a bunch of retards could complete them.

The only encounter that was too difficult compared to the rest was normal Nefarian. In b4 Mr DK walks in and starts soloing.

It makes puggers happy, sure.

But I'm afraid this change will hurt the overall quality of raiders by letting them skate by easily through overly-nerfed content.

Then they'll hit Firelands and cry for more nerfs because it's too much of a difficulty jump.
05/24/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Zipzo
Not that it really matters anyway under Blizzards new "only current tier matters" format.
Hasn't that always been the case?

At what point during WotLK did anyone go back to Naxx and actually find it compelling or difficult?
While you're at it, could you tone down the difficulty of Anub'Arak 25 Heroic?