I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
05/24/2011 01:53 PMPosted by Milkshaké
Kind of going overboard nerfing some bosses by 60%. What fun is it spamming spells without worry? If that's the audience you want to cater too, I am extremely not amused. A 20% nerf overall would've been fair, but this is going far and this new "philosophy" is extremely.. I can't even say it without getting banned.

I would think you would be focusing more on Firelands considering your achievements. How are these nerfs really relevant to you?
I am part of what I consider to be a semi-casual raiding guild. We have no attendance requirements, we raid 9 hours a week (at most) and we shuffle our groups every single raid night. We're currently 3/13 for heroics in the current raid progression.

I agree with the blue post that the pendulum has swung too far towards difficulty. I personally enjoyed the level of challenge this tier presented, but I've had nights where I was tearing my hair out because some of my guildmates had genuine difficulty with the fights in a way that went beyond understanding basic play. And I know they didnt enjoy themselves, and I know that the few people I asked to step out so the group could move on didn't have a good time.

The problem here is that once more, rather than tuning the fights, the pendulum is swinging wildly in the other direction. Some moderation is really needed, not more knee-jerk paradigm shifts. Reducing a boss' HP *and* damage by 20% isnt just an adjustment, its not even a nerf: its a nuclear bomb.

Its probably too late by a long shot for these changes to be tweaked much, as I imagine they've been in the works for a while. And yes, I understand that I'll have the Firelands to challenge my guild soon enough. But I worry about bringing raiders up who will be shocked and crippled by the radical difference in challenge level from one tier of raiding to the next. Here's hoping that everything works out!
Wouldn't the extra chances to gear up ("buffing" the players) be enough to grant us players a second, improved chance at success? Is it truly necessary to nerf the content?

Granted, I can't say I've raided in Cata, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem more difficult other than a much tougher (compared to Wrath) barrier of entry due to gear.

People have had the chance to get a lot of gear, a player who could do a heroic a day could be in full Valor Point gear by now, with the advent of the Troll Heroics the VP income is greatly increased not to mention the gear from those instances. If they can't do content that drops 359 gear in a gear average above 353 then no amount of extra gear will help them.
Op You don't even have any raid experience to be saying something like that
I don't know if I really remember people running old content for anything other than farming points anyways... what does it matter? it's obsolete anyways and it's not like they're making new content uber easy.
05/24/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Lochias
I agree with the blue post that the pendulum has swung too far towards difficulty.

They never said this Tier, while current, is too difficult for its intended target. TBC difficult, WotLK easy, Cata current tier a challenge, old tiers much easier.

Hair pulling wont be gone for you if you move to T12 content.
Thats great. Now read the rest of my post for context.
while i agree with the new philsophy i don't like the approach. I think perminent nerfs make the original encounters fade away. I would have prefered a buff ICC style applied to t11 perhaps when t12 went live, one that could be turned off, allowing the same accessabilty but preserving the raid in it's true form for those that would seek to turn buff off.,while i agree with the new philsophy i don't like the approach. I think perminent nerfs make the original encounters fade away. I would have prefered a buff ICC style applied to t11 perhaps when t12 went live, one that could be turned off, allowing the same accessabilty but preserving the raid in it's true form for those that would seek to turn buff off.
05/24/2011 02:01 PMPosted by Taiurada

On the other hand, does it really matter if Mag gets nerfed? Most of us have killed him quite often.

it proves that people suck hard at this game if you need to nerf magmaw.

If it doesn't affect the content I'm focused on, their skill seems inconsequential.

They did that by allowing T11 to be purchased with JP come the next patch.
They didn't need to nerf content.

all 5 pieces? As i recall some of Tier 11 still required you to raid to get it.
05/24/2011 01:29 PMPosted by Attaral
Did you miss all of ICC? 30 percent buff is a much bigger nerf to the relative difficulty of that content than this nerf is.

05/24/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Cyberweasel
30% ICC buff, anyone?

05/24/2011 01:23 PMPosted by Pukka
The over time stacking buff in ICC would like to disagree with you.

The stacking buff in ICC has no bearing on this case. It was implemented because Tier 10 was the final tier of the expansion. There wasn't going to be a new tier of gear to "self nerf" the content over time, which necessitated the buff.

They didn't nerf Naxxramas, Ulduar, or Trial of the Crusader to the ground every expansion. No, they allowed the new tier of gear, and farming heroics for new badges to nerf the content passively. When ICC came out, this approach could no longer work: No new tier would be incoming prior to the next expansion. Answer: An increasing buff that would, over time, simulate rising gear levels as if a new tier had been released.

They did eventually start nerfing the encounter mechanics of ToC, Ulduar, and Naxx, but that wasn't until closer to the end of the Wrath cycle.

Mind you, I was expecting nerfs to Tier 11, and am not against them. What I'm against is the severity of these nerfs. 20% across the board combined with simplification of encounter mechanics? Too much, Blizzard. Way too much.

I'm all down for older content eventually being "puggable", but taking Tier 11 from "cutting edge" straight to "downright puggable" is too much for me. Tier 11 should be easily puggable when Tier 13 is cutting edge.

I preferred the Wrath model: Current tier was cutting edge, previous tier was challenging, but doable for casuals, second previous tier was puggable, third previous tier was lolfaceroll. (Read: ICC hard, ToC doable, Ulduar puggable, Naxx lolfaceroll).

it proves that people suck hard at this game if you need to nerf magmaw.

If it doesn't affect the content I'm focused on, their skill seems inconsequential.

Oh but it is entirely consequential if you try to do random Heroics
05/24/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Milkshaké
They're not relevant to me, but as some people pointed out when you cheat in a game it suddenly becomes unfun.

I'd think it would be for those affected by the nerfs to decide whether or not this wil be fun for them, rather than you decide for them. Fun is a matter of some subjectivity, after all, and you really can't speak for their viewpoint.
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

So you want to breed new raiders into thinking content is easy so they can face plant in firelands and turn around to blizzard and get a a big ol' nerf... People in this game *!#!!ing that these, saying they are a good thing, are moronic. It a big care bear mentality that should stop but wont.
05/24/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Surehoof
They didn't nerf Naxxramas, Ulduar, or Trial of the Crusader to the ground every expansion. No

Naxx and ToC where undertuned, my small server never saw Ulduar pugs until it was vastly outgeared by people who ran the very easy ToC raid.
They did that by allowing T11 to be purchased with JP come the next patch.
They didn't need to nerf content.

Not really, no. T11 is 5 pieces.
If you want any of the other meaningful gear slot pieces with higher ilvl, you'll still need to raid the T11 content.
It will just now be easier. And why not? It's for the best you elitist @#$che.