Most Powerful Pet?

General Discussion
I am not sure how to take this recent post about hunter pets in 4.2

Pets
•8 new rare tamable beasts have been added, each of which provides a unique taming challenge. Will you be the first hunter to tame Deth'tilac, the rarest and most powerful of them all? Players will need to progress through the Hyjal Regrowth and Molten Front daily questing areas in order to unlock access to the full gamut of taming challenges

Sounds like a cheesy pokemon add to me.

So i quit playing wow daily, but i plan to keep playing cause i like the game. however Blizzard just made the changes to the valor cap so week-end warriors can catch up on the week end. I was happy about that. But then the very next patch you plan on puting this " most powerful pet" locked behind weeks of dailys? I hate questing, its always the same thing go get this, go kill this. always some arbitrary, meaning less task, for some pixilated task master, makes me feel like im at work. Now i fully planed on passing on your daily quests but if i cant have the best pet without doing the dailys, then i will be at a disadvantage in pve and pvp.

Feel like im being extorted to play daily, grind quests i could care less about. If i feel that my game play is being changed or designed to maximize my on-line time i will unsubscribe. No company is going to try and make me play daily. (not saying blizz is, just saying as more info comes out, i will decide)

While im here, and since its relevent, let me say this whole move to some kind of new pokemon "gotta catch them all" theme for hunter's is a huge dis-service to the class. I was gonna say bad things about alot of the new huters ive been seeing that seem to be buying in to it, but ill be nice and not say anything. Just wish we had more good hunters and less hunters in general
I "grind" because its fun. If I didn't find the game as fun, I wouldn't play it.

Not everyone plays the same.
I didn't read anywhere it being mandatory, I think they call it...umm...optional.

This would tell me if it's not for you, then skip it.

I for one think its a interesting idea. Although I will see when it's actually implemented on live servers.

Usually it's better to complain about things in the game. And waiting for those things to be in game first, before you make up you mind.

Again no in is forcing you too do anything. So cry about it later when it's important.
hey if i was alli i would grind dailys too. just saying for horde hunters, many of us like to do PvP and PvE. not wast our time on questing
I'd have to wait and see how it is for myself. The way it was put as "The rarest and most powerful of them all" seems to be more hype to get you excited about a new pet in the game. That's the part I'd wait on, to see if its actually hype or true.

Look at the way pets have progressed (or digressed) throughout the years. There are still many choices for looks, and varying ones have special attacks that others don't, but they all still fall under the basic 3 trees.

I just can't picture Blizzard adding hero class pets that will outshine all others already on the playing field. If I'm wrong, well heck yeah I'm doing all those dailies. I'd do them without the pet just because its a form of new content.
Got my camping equipment ready.

Bringing smores. Anyone wanna join?

How do you have blue goggles?
Heh. Dailies favor Alliance. Yeah, whatever.

First QQ, then total ignorance. I think forum posting may not be what you were cut out for.

Well sir, its text i cant talk slower. But let me try and get my point across, since you are alittle slow. I wasnt sugesting that questing favor alli. Instead i was just noting how PvP and PvE favor horde, since we win soundly in those two. Leaving the questing for less skilled players ie. alli
06/02/2011 09:24 AMPosted by Stepnik
Just wish we had more good hunters and less hunters in general

I actually missed your closing line in your original post. What exactly makes you an outstanding hunter? Your arena rating or your PvE progression you have for that character?
When they say "most powerfull" I assume they mean before you tame it, as in it will 3 shot you unless you pull the tame off just right. After it is tamed it will just be a normal pet like any other. You are in no way forced to do get it to be a better hunter. It will just be an appearance thing like any other rare pet. They didn't even say if they would be exotic for that matter, just rare.
the whole reason why I rolled hunter for about 3 or 4 years is because it was kinds like playing pokemon :<

that is until improved steady shot made me want to throw my computer out the window, I have some very rare unobtainable pets now though.
06/02/2011 09:55 AMPosted by Chianti
Just wish we had more good hunters and less hunters in general

I actually missed your closing line in your original post. What exactly makes you an outstanding hunter? Your arena rating or your PvE progression you have for that character?

While 10/12 isn't pro, it isn't bad either. He's probably just a casual player.
One thing I will say is that by making a pet that's the "most powerful of them all" Bliz is completely going against their design of eliminating mandatory raid items. Let me clarify: They removed profession specializations because they didn't want raids saying that you HAD to be a BS if you're a warrior to raid. Likewise, raids are now going to say "if you don't have Deth'tilac you can't raid with us."
06/02/2011 09:56 AMPosted by Gnomium

While 10/12 isn't pro, it isn't bad either. He's probably just a casual player.

The only reason why I questioned it was because I don't see anything about their character that would entitle such a condescending attitude towards anyone.
06/02/2011 09:24 AMPosted by Stepnik
Will you be the first hunter to tame Deth'tilac, the rarest and most powerful of them all?

I read that to mean: Deth'tilac is the rarest and most powerful one you could face. That is, Deth'tilac will present the greatest challenge to tame, not the "most powerful" with regard to abilities as a pet.

Guess we'll just have to see how it pans out.
06/02/2011 10:01 AMPosted by Wyldechylde
Will you be the first hunter to tame Deth'tilac, the rarest and most powerful of them all?

I read that to mean: Deth'tilac is the rarest and most powerful one you could face. That is, Deth'tilac will present the greatest challenge to tame, not the "most powerful" with regard to abilities as a pet.

After going through and pretty much balancing the existing pets why anyone would think they would intentionally make a "best" pet is beyond me.

After going through and pretty much balancing the existing pets why anyone would think they would intentionally make a "best" pet is beyond me.

I was just responding to an earlier post that basically said exactly that...I was just saying that "most challenging to tame" was a more likely translation than "best pet for playing".
I have the pvp rating that i do because i arena with my brother, who d/e's all his conquest point gear. And this is my first arena season, so with out a proper rating, and since top players shy away from hunters in arena, it is what it is.

As far as Pve, My guild got off to a very rocky start. never recovered. Tried out a couple other guilds and just couldnt find a group that was mature and focused. So i went back to my guild with my freinds. And swore off raiding for the rest of this teir