Arms PvP Guide - Info and Tactics (4.3)

Warrior
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Nice guide, hopefully you'll get your sticky.
Basically if you target someone you intervene them or if you spam it when attacking someone you will intervene their target. I frequently use a variation that simply intervenes my healer based on his name so it always intervenes him or my target, i'll get that posted up as well
Sticky request! Great guide, thank you!
THANKS this guide was great!! just what i needed :DD
I love you.
06/06/2011 10:33 PMPosted by Squirrelnut
Basically if you target someone you intervene them or if you spam it when attacking someone you will intervene their target. I frequently use a variation that simply intervenes my healer based on his name so it always intervenes him or my target, i'll get that posted up as well

Awesome, that clears things up.
Updated with a Section VIII for FAQ, if anyone has additions that they see asked all the time post them as replies and I will get them included.
reported for sticky!

Thanks for making this guide Squirrel!
I'll bump. I also requested a sticky. The biggest thing I'd suggest is bashing valid strats of other classes because we have no solid counter. Rogue and Rest-drood specifically I noticed such bashing. They are tools that class can utilize, and we warriors would pull the same shenanigans if we could. :)

Good post.
hey squirrel i read your guide here but still wondering why you didnt put points in DoW and put em in blitz and rude interuption?
Updated thread with Warrior vs Warrior tactics

@ Moveover
I don't spec DoW because it is a meh talent in my opinion (reduce rage cost of pummel, demo shout, intimidating shout) when really only pummel is going to be used all that frequently (and obviously only if there is a caster) and you should pretty much always be able to pummel anyway.

Blitz increase to rage generation on every single charge plus stunning an extra player is very helpful in Arena.

Rude Interruption is decent because you will be trying to kill healers (and other casters) and you should definitely get some interrupts off. Increasing your damage for any successful interrupt is just a bonus to not only prevent their cast but increase your damage output to help finish them off (no point in ever getting 2 points though, 1 point is the way to go).

@ Wizgill
I bash strats that other classes use just as I bash stuff that we use. When fighting other Warriors I intentionally jump charges and other cheap junk like that all the time, doesn't mean it is any less cheap lol.
Sigh, is it sad that right beside this thread I see 2 new topics from PvP Arms Warriors asking for basic info that this topic already answers? lawl
#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/stopcasting
/equipslot 16 yourweapon
/equipslot 17 yourshield

For this I would just use one /equipset insted of /equipslot. You just make one named like PVP2 and put your one handed weapon and Shield on using it. Someone said that it was faster.
#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/stopcasting
/equipslot 16 yourweapon
/equipslot 17 yourshield

For this I would just use one /equipset insted of /equipslot. You just make one named like PVP2 and put your one handed weapon and Shield on using it. Someone said that it was faster.

Definitely a viable choice (and is actually part of the macro I listed for switching back to normal) however I thought I would include this as an alternative for people that don't want to mess with full sets and prefer just using specific weapon/shield.

As for one macro being faster then another... I doubt it, but I suppose it is possible? Either way you are equipping your sword/board and I find that I am fairly adept at reflecting with this macro but I would be curious to hear more info/reasoning on how an equipset macro would be faster in some way. Thx for the feedback.
Question: Do you have to stand still to Slam?
Answer: No, as Arms we have Improved Slam which allows us to run while casting (wtf? i know, it is weird) so unlike Fury you can be moving non-stop and still Slam people despite having the cast time which isn't cancelled as you move

You can slam while moving regardless of spec.
Updated thread with Warrior vs Warrior tactics

@ Moveover
I don't spec DoW because it is a meh talent in my opinion (reduce rage cost of pummel, demo shout, intimidating shout) when really only pummel is going to be used all that frequently (and obviously only if there is a caster) and you should pretty much always be able to pummel anyway.

Blitz increase to rage generation on every single charge plus stunning an extra player is very helpful in Arena.

Rude Interruption is decent because you will be trying to kill healers (and other casters) and you should definitely get some interrupts off. Increasing your damage for any successful interrupt is just a bonus to not only prevent their cast but increase your damage output to help finish them off (no point in ever getting 2 points though, 1 point is the way to go).

thanks for your prompt response ill give it a go
anyone know of an addon if there is any to track imp ham?
06/07/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Moveover
anyone know of an addon if there is any to track imp ham?

"Tellmewhen" can track all buffs, debuffs, and cooldowns.
@Squirrelnut
Fantastic guide, amazing duel strategies, but I also have a question for you. Do you know if there is an addon that tracks when Imp Hamstring will go up again(when the 30s CD is over). Or can Tellmewhen do that as well?